Dismeet in the Smokies 2021! Y'all Come!

Choosing a name for our upcoming trip!

• Dismeet in the Smokies 2021

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Rocky Top Dismeet 2021

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Pigeon Forge Dismeet 2021

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Dosmeet in the Mountains 2021

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dis Mountain Meet 2021

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Country Bear Vacation Hoedown 2021

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Finally at overnight stop at OH Kentucky Campground near lexington. Nice place, friendly staff and campers, kinda more of a parking area rather than actual camp sites but still good. Will be there early afternoon tomorrow
20210605_204206_copy_490x197.jpg

Relaxing in the stream. Myself, Randy, and Ed.
20210605_190431.jpg

This evening we had cake for DD 10th BD. Appreciate everyone coming over, singing happy BD, and helping us get rid of this cake.
20210605_191331.jpg

Good crowd. Met some new folks and had A LOT of good conversation.
20210605_193153.jpg

Tomorrow is Dollywood day for us so likely be gone by 830 in the morning and not back til dark so tomorrow's arrivals I'll likely catch you Monday after the morning hike.

Our arrival to Pine Mountain RV Park was uneventful. We left around 930am and hit the Sevierville WalMart and outlet shopping center (has an honest-to-John Disney Outlet Store) and I bought a book at the book store. During a lunch stop at BK, tiggerdad sent word out site was open and it wasn't 10 minutes from where we were. It's not a very long campsite but it works.

During set-up there were chances to talk and catch up with PaHunter, tiggerdad, Teamubr, BishopArc, FtwMike, Jets70, SouthAlabama5er, garneska, and their various guests. We got things mostly stowed for now.

We heated up the pork chops and had mac/cheese and green beans with them. Afterwards it was time for CAKE at tiggerdad's site for his DD's birthday (always up for cake). But while waiting, some of the boys were in the creek:

so I took my chair and joined them as shown above. In a few minutes we sang and had cake and then visited and talked.

It gets dark here about 9pm but time to check out what the site looks like at night.

(the mickey heads rotate around on christmas type projection lights.

Waiting for himandher to arrive tonight and fill the empty site next to us.

Bama Ed

Arrival & First Night

After getting our tires replaced, we got on the road to Pigeon Forge. We encountered plenty more inconsiderate drivers along the way and definitely hit a slow down in Chattanooga but overall wasn’t a horrible drive. We arrived in Pigeon Forge around 3P eastern.

We are on site 61 at the very end of the campground. It’s a huge and private site, we love it!

Our camper is a 30 amp camper but the breaker on the electrical box keeps flipping. Luckily I had a 50 amp to 30 amp adapter and that seems to have solved it.

For dinner we grabbed to go for Corey’s BBQ. It’s a little expensive but it’s decent. I had the pulled pork and sausage and DW had the turkey.

While eating dinner we saw the cutest family of ducks swimming upstream.

After dinner we hung out at @tiggerdad ‘a site to celebrate his DD’s birthday. It was great to see all of our DISboards camping family. We finally headed back to our site around 10 tonight. No major plans this week. Just here to enjoy life!

I believe we have 3 more sets of Disers coming in tomorrow. Safe travels to them and see you real soon.

P.S.

Bishop, that family of ducks has been working up and down the stream all day. Playing the cuteness card to get bread. This was only stopped when several grown men blocked the stream with their chairs and bear feet. Oh, and there might of been some encouraging of PaHunters dog by a not to be named Diser. :rolleyes1

Wishing Madison a very Happy Birthday & lots of fun @ Dollywood. Thank you letting us that will not be enjoying your fun in person, but there thru the forum. Please keep your fun & pictures coming, when you have time. Chris give Mallory a hug from me. How nice are the cabins?

Change of plans this morning. Bert was not feeling great and slept badly so did not hike this morning so I went for a run. We might try something easy later today.

Plans today include changing the toilet seal. Miraculously our fridge is working again. The only thing different is the power pedestal since we are at a new site. Too bad the toilet won’t fix itself.

Mallory ate better this morning.

20A533F1-C008-41A1-A886-667EB6822A1E.jpeg

3F8E55AE-8962-41F3-A1E0-5C358B27024E.jpeg

Gloria the cabins are nice but they are small. Definitely want to spend your time outside.

Well, arrived at our site about 2pm ... site 37. One of the things I don't carry in the FW is a shoe horn ... this site almost requires one for our modest FW (34ft) and long bed truck. Good thing we are not hosting anything as there is barely enough room for our 25lb fur baby and the 2 of us.
Our trip from The Cove RV in Gadsden went well with the exception of I-59 ... got to be the worse Interstate we have ever been on ... period! Alabama has been working on it for years and it just doesnt get any better.
Traffic was not to bad until the dreaded PF gridlock. Took us about an hour to get from Sevierville to the campground.

Sunday's update for us is that we went to church this morning here (always a fun experience in a different town) then came back to eat lunch before our pre-selected Titanic Museum time. We had bought tickets in advance on-line and were looking forward to it. Pictures are generally not allowed inside except in two rooms (which have Cast Members in them to gently enforce the rule).

The Titanic Museum is on the main Parkway in PF right next to the Hatfield & McCoys Dinner Theater.

Waiting in the queue you receive a "Boarding Pass" with the name of an actual Titanic passenger. During the walk-through some passengers (1st Class, 2nd Class, 3rd Class) are mentioned by name with an artifact, photo, or reference.

My guy, however, never came up until the end (that I saw) and he was listed among those who did not survive.

One room photos are permitted in is a big Lego replica of the Titanic.

The second room (first on the tour before the Legos) however was the room about the ship's 8 piece band members who are famous for continuing to play out on the deck as the ship was going down for as long as they could. The band leader was Wallace Hartley and he played the violin.

The owner of the museum made a dive down to the Titanic wreck and recovered artifacts for the museum. At first I was unsure about this but the museum takes a very serious and well-designed approach to telling the ship's story. With regards to the band and Mr. Hartley, they recovered his violin as well:

And the leather backpack case he carried his violin in:

With the long leather straps he would carry/wear it like a backpack which left his hands free to carry luggage, etc.

Honestly I was surprised at how well the museum is presented. It's not something you can find in another tourist town on the beach or in the mountains. Nor the Smithsonian Museums for that matter. So if you get the chance on Smokey Mountain vacation, make time to spend 90 minutes (as we did) doing this attraction. I won't give away too many details but it was well done.

Traffic on the Parkway into Sevierville, Pigeon Forge, and Gatlinburg was flowing this afternoon. The morning clouds and afternoon rain gave way to sunshine and some humidity this afternoon.

Everyone has arrived now. Himandher got in last night next to us, tigger92662 is across the road now, tripleb has posted, and 2goofycampers/born2fish got in and walked over to meet folks and discuss the day's activities. The interesting part is the group of us standing in the street talking. New members join in when they find us, present members beg off eventually, and this thing could keep going.

That's the cool part of a DISMeet. But we'll have to break off for dinner soon and then likely reconvene somewhere. Then we can hear about the day's events of those who aren't here at the moment but off having fun (BeintaN, tiggerdad, Southalabama5er to drop a few names :rolleyes1).

Bama Ed

Well after showers for Bert and me we hung out a bit with @PaHunter and Jenn. Then around 1 us and @reamubr went to laurel falls to hike. We had the gang.

Me and Donna (she was a trooper)

34290FEE-C14B-471F-AC18-2F646FD57EE5.jpeg

Jim and Donna

2DE8107A-0EE4-4A6B-B847-E6A079760AD0.jpeg

The falls

4E608CAE-88C5-44F0-A780-B8C2FC82AA7E.jpeg

After that we came back and worked on the toilet seal. Chris said it should take 10 minutes but he has not seen us work I said an hour. After flushing tanks took 29 minutes, but yes I cleaned everything. So far over an hour or more later still holding water!

Now we are cooking dinner and will meet up with folks.

I slept in this morning just to recover from the drive up. After I got up we headed over to Dollywood for a short visit (and because I wanted some cinnamon bread.). It rained off and on so we didn’t stay super long.

This evening we just cooked some hotdogs and have been enjoying some time outside by the stream. The bugs are bad at night. Getting eaten constantly but hate not to be outside so we are braving it.

Tomorrow we are going to track down tire #4. Other than that, no plans but the meet tomorrow night.

Chris, Thank you for sharing what the cabin looks like. And Everyone for telling us all the fun y'all are having. Continue to keep it up & know the weather will be great. We had another bad storm late yesterday afternoon. The Colorado is very full, but running good & that is what we want.
Sending hello to all! Madison, hope you had fun for your birthday @ Dollywood!!

Glad to hear everyone has made it in. I didnt get to make rounds but will hopefully see everyone on tomorrow.

I finally got to cross two names off my bucket list of folks I have always wanted to meet. Ever since I first joined the Dis back in 2009 I have been wanting to meet Born2Fish and 2Goofycampers. We'll, this evening I was finally able to shake hands with Frank and Denise. I feel like a huge goal has finally been met.

Today my family and Southalabama5er and his lovely wife went to Dollywood. Despite the off and on rain it was actually quite productive and enjoyable. Dollywood has more thrill ride roller coasters than Disney, and more demonstrations like glass blowing, leather works, wood carving, etc. More rustic deep south look and appearance and as always their staff is very warm and friendly. In my opinion, holding up better than Disney's.

A few pics from there today:
20210606_095331.jpg

20210606_114650.jpg

20210606_114721.jpg

20210606_114832.jpg

20210606_120811.jpg

20210606_173008.jpg

Dollywood has a Steam Locomotive that takes folks up the mountain and back down again. Cinderella is her name.

20210606_172606.jpg

You have 7 passenger cars you can ride on. Open sides with roof above you. Car 7 is reserved for those with disabilities. Usually I like car 6, but today we found the most room on car 2. Little closer than I like. Be advised, you will get more ash on you the closer to the engine you are.

When they start to build the pressure she can make a lot of smoke.
20210606_170106.jpg

Winding up the mountain pulling us along.
20210606_170355.jpg

I'll continue in another post.

Last edited:
As you take the train up you get views of Dollywood from the mountainside.
20210606_170517.jpg

20210606_170506.jpg

Like Disney, Dollywood has a lot of ducks. One of them had 8 babies you was looking after.
20210606_152242.jpg

Before heading out we had to get a few loaves of Dollywood cinnamon bread. Mentioned previously by another Diser. Something very well loved by us. I highly recommend it.
20210606_175841.jpg

20210606_205512.jpg

I'm gonna let girls sleep in tomorrow. I've had them out of bed early last several mornings so I'll be up and looking for puzzles...

Pow-wow at Teamubr's campsite tonight. Those lights drew so much power that the neighborhoods around the rv park were experiencing brown-outs.

But Teamubr - he no care.

giphy.gif

We caught up with today's arrivals 2goofycampers/born2fish, tigger92662, and tripleb. And had a nice visit with GA WDW Fan.

Nighty night. :cloud9:

Bama Ed

We hung out at Jim’s site after dinner, which was burgers, corn and pasta salad.

7BD88A14-915A-4920-B713-49F7DBE0A5C2.jpeg

7AC0DB16-8690-4B5A-9178-4460082DA312.jpeg

Change of plans tomorrow going to hit tail of the dragon in the morning, watch out for my screaming but can’t wait. Guess I may run in the heat of the day, will see though.

Mallory had a better day today.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter