Disney’s MARVELous Super Hero - New You - New Year Celebration – January 2017!!

Woohoo Wednesday... first of all, I do like that Thor gif :). Chris Helmsworth was my favorite part of the new Ghost Busters... IMHO he had absolutely no comedic timing which made his character ever goofier and more delightful. Other than that I feel like I made a minor breakthrough yesterday afternoon at work, in figuring out how to to best organize and manage the work backlog I am in charge of, and forward movement is important to me.

The weather did turn super nasty mid-day yesterday, so we moved the beach walk to next week. Between now and then I do need to go get some rain gear. It is still supper wet this morning but should be clearing up a bit for the remainder of the week. After much careful consideration I've decided not to march in the Seattle Women's March this coming Saturday. I'm still having doubts that I'll feel like I missed out on something important, but keep telling myself there are other things to do, and everyone needs to chose what is right for them... the important part is to be engaged. I got my registration for the farm retreat sent off probity mail yesterday... attendance is limited and accepted first come first serve, so I've got my fingers crossed.

It was so inspiring to read everyone's posts about our good points... thanks for sharing and hope all have a wonderful Wednesday.

Edited to add: for the past 6 months I've had a cracked screen on my iPhone, it wasn't too bad and still worked so I kept forgetting to go over and find out about getting it replaced. Today I had to pop in to the AT&T store to ask about a thing on my account and finally asked about my screen... but it wasn't even the screen that was broken, it was the screen protector, Duh... that's what they are for, right? Oh, and I have decided to do the Women's March Saturday as several friends have committed.

Last edited:
Oh, @50sjayne , I am so sorry to hear about your little fur baby. :(

Stressful day today at work, but I managed to break away for a minute. It's a very woohoo Wednesday for me--

- I am back to my pre-Disney weight as of this morning. I hadn't gained much over the weekend, but it is still nice to see that lower number again!

- DH won the ticket lottery for the Cabaret national tour and so we got super discounted awesome seats to see the show tonight!!!!!!!! (Meanwhile, I have entered every lottery for a year now for every show they offer in our area and haven't won-- first time DH enters and Boom! He's such a lucky duck!)

Woohoo Wednesday! I almost completely forgot to do this today. Okay, I'm feeling very good about WW. I have been on plan for the past 3 days which has just boosted my confidence in myself (usually with MFP I was having a binge night during the week because I was so hungry and just not making smart choices).

The most woohoo-y thing is that there may be some exciting job developments coming up for me. I'm in the early stages of the recruitment process so fingers crossed for me! It seems almost too good to be true at this point. If it pans out it'll do wonders for me financially, I think. And considering that my finances are causing me a lot of unnecessary stress lately, I'd be happy to have some extra income.

I really feel good about the progress with my new program. Visible difference in upper body - particularity my arms. I was looking at some pictures from October last year and definitely much more toned appearance.

Glad to hear you are feeling more chill and finding success with your workout routine.

I am getting bonus for last year in the end of the month so time to do some Disneyland California planning & booking

What a super woohoo!

I'm down 12 pounds today!

That is fantastic :D

My woohoos for the week:

1. being part of a very large group of people who came together (yesterday for me now) to support a family and celebrate their daughters life. Despite her short time here she packed a whole lot of living into that time and inspired many - not just here on the coast but around the country and the world .... while in hospital she had met Johnny Depp and Taylor Swift and in the words of her medical team it was them who were lucky to meet her and not the other way around.
2. to my knee and leg feeling a little better the last couple of days.
3. spending time with the kids ... our holidays are almost over Monday it is back to work for me and Tuesday then Wednesday for the kids.

Catching up my 3 Super things:

1. I think I have a good sense of humour and love a good laugh.
2. I am quietly determined (well most of the time quiet sometimes loud!) and usually achieve what I set my mind to, I just need t to kick in for weight loss now.
3. I fiercely protect my loved ones.

The most woohoo-y thing is that there may be some exciting job developments coming up for me. I'm in the early stages of the recruitment process so fingers crossed for me! It seems almost too good to be true at this point. If it pans out it'll do wonders for me financially, I think. And considering that my finances are causing me a lot of unnecessary stress lately, I'd be happy to have some extra income.

pixiedust: for the job outcome.

Woohoo Wednesday! I almost completely forgot to do this today. Okay, I'm feeling very good about WW. I have been on plan for the past 3 days which has just boosted my confidence in myself (usually with MFP I was having a binge night during the week because I was so hungry and just not making smart choices).

Wishing you the best outcome :).

It's Wednesday again ... can you believe it is here already?! Ok warning... gratuitous GIF of Thor coming up to help us celebrate WooHoo Wednesday lol :D

16.gif

Big or small lets celebrate it all :jumping1:

Oh the manly man that is Thor. I would like to make some trashy Bachelor statement about hammers right now but I too tired.

My woohoo is that my first class is done done done! The first five minutes were just dreadful - I think mispronounced my own name and my credentials didn't make sense because I couldn't remember where I went to grad school or what I studied.

Thank god a few late students came in. I took a beat, got them settled, took the deepest breath my stuffy nose allows and went right into the syllabus and then the first lecture. I think the key for me is detailed lecture notes. I didn't use them but I had them and I was able to speak. I didn't write down my name and I couldn't come up with it. What a day.

Returning to MFP tracking tomorrow in prep for Friday's depression eating. NP at my doctors office has banned me from exertion until the fever drops or I stop coughing from the lungs. So w2 of pre-52K is shaky if this crud doesn't go away tonight. Will also probably force me to stay home from the Women's March on Saturday.

Feeling lousy with a sore throat today. BUT there is a woohoo for today: Japan is booked, including a stopover in Shanghai - two Disney resorts in one trip. And a spring getaway to Disneyland Paris was also booked today. Very excited about all the travel plans!!

@Lady Marie thanks for the podcast recommendation, I will certainly check it out!

OMG, 3 Disney trips! I am not jealous at all

well may be little bit

feel better soon

OMG, 3 Disney trips! I am not jealous at all

well may be little bit

feel better soon

Yes. I am not going to tell you that I am planning to visit boyfriend some time this year. He lives in Florida. I have an AP. You do the math... ;)

But it sounds like you have exciting travel to plan as well! You mentioned Disneyland and California?

Luckily I am feeling much better! I think the sore throat was a scratch caused by a nasty bread crumb that got a little infected. Drinking lots of camomille tea, an ibuprofen and a good night of sleep have healed it nearly completely.

@MinnieLovesTigger that sounds great that your first lecture went so well after the first hiccup! I have started to make notes about how I want to introduce myself when I have to speak. Mainly because I feel I tend to forget to tell the group the most important thing about myself for whatever topic I am speaking about. So, yes, detailed notes about everything are great to focus your mind!

@dsnyfn1022 Hope you can get the new job! Sounds exciting! And a better salary is always welcome!

@50sjayne Sorry that you lost one of your pets! I hope his brother got through his check up without any problems and will be able to keep you company for a long time!

Catching up on some QOTD:

Three things that are super about me (and that I have not told you so far):
I am good at writing trip reports (yes, shameless plug, you can find them all in my signature! :wave2:).
I am a very loyal person.
I am a good cook (thought I should add something that relates to our discussion here: I actually am quite good at making tasty healthy food. I just need the energy and time for it)

How I am feeling about being halfway (now nearly two thirds) through the month:
This is a difficult month somehow for me. I seem to struggle to get into the healthy eating vibe. I know that sleeping more has helped me to get more energy and get things done, but I am still struggling. And now I am struggling with getting enough sleep. I know that I will fail my goal of number of days with more than 8 hours of sleep, but I need to work towards to make it at least to a high percentage. The sleep has really been so good for me! So, I am happy that I have found something that helps me with all the other aspects, but I am not happy that I am still struggling with it. All the trip planning has made me so would up that I end up reading guide books for Japan until the early morning hours...

Hello everyone,

Some great woohoos yesterday - super jealous of all of you planning trips! Today Captain America is going to help us with our chatter ...

30a717d57f3c10289f0e0c713683ad237cb83f22f86720d724593306e6b4abe0.jpg

One of the abilities Captain America gained after taking the Super Soldier Serum was that his body is able to eliminate the toxins that build up during exercise that induce fatigue, therefore he has amazing endurance. Now endurance is very important for our runners on here but it is important for all of us in our own exercise journey's and daily lives. We need it to make it through a day at work, run around after kids and family members, shopping etc and then of course especially for any exercise activity we participate in. Those of us who are early in our journey know all too well how much effort things take now that we have gained weight and those who have already lost will remember what that is like ... but be able to give us insight into how that changed for them.

Endurance has a few different meanings in different contexts but very simply means the ability to withstand something over time.

QOTD: Tell us what endurance means for you... what is your current level like, how does this affect your daily life, how does it affect exercising, how have you improved it if you have already done so, if not how do you think you can improve yours?
A big question I know.

Last edited:
My woohoo is that my first class is done done done! The first five minutes were just dreadful - I think mispronounced my own name and my credentials didn't make sense because I couldn't remember where I went to grad school or what I studied.

Glad it is over ... hope you can have a giggle about forgetting your own name lol but that just shows how nervous you were :hug: I am sure you will improve now that that scariest day is over.

NP at my doctors office has banned me from exertion until the fever drops or I stop coughing from the lungs.

It can be disappointing to delay a goal but it is so important to look after yourself especially under Doctors orders so that you don't derail your health or your goals completely.

Heading off to bed now - only 3 days left of vacation :sad: - tomorrow is my Birthday and the kids and I have decided to go on a 2 hour dolphin discovery cruise with a buffet lunch on board as long as the weather looks good in the morning - so fingers crossed. My feelings on birthdays are changing to no longer cringing that I am getting older - realising that I am lucky to do so! So every one should be a celebration - last year we went stand up paddle boarding together - so I have decided that each birthday I am going to do something fun with the kids rather than just let it pass by with little regard.

endurance = the ability to endure an unpleasant or difficult process or situation without giving way.

In the true meaning, I am the rock! I have been through a lot of hardship but manage to raise up to the challenge

That's me on the inside!
595.jpg

In terms of exercise I couldn't care less! I am active as lifestyle - walking swimming etc but I feel strength training delivers more benefit to my endurance to live, but have no endurance goals as running or anything like this. Most long term runners I know that are over 50 are constantly injured and this was my experience with running so I didnt' feel the need to continue trying.

Eating healthy including eating the right amount and moving the right amount is great and definitely improves energy levels. Although if you do too much, you can start feeling worn out pretty quick so learning to know yourself including knowing when to push and when to chill is ongoing challenge. If you do little or nothing, you dont get the energy to do things, you need to push yourself at times too.

it's complicated.
haha. not sure what I am saying.

Last edited:
Feeling lousy with a sore throat today. BUT there is a woohoo for today: Japan is booked, including a stopover in Shanghai - two Disney resorts in one trip. And a spring getaway to Disneyland Paris was also booked today. Very excited about all the travel plans!!

I am so jealous. I do have the possibility of Cali in 2018. Hubby still hasn't officially said yes yet.

Oh the manly man that is Thor. I would like to make some trashy Bachelor statement about hammers right now but I too tired.

Thank god a few late students came in. I took a beat, got them settled, took the deepest breath my stuffy nose allows and went right into the syllabus and then the first lecture. I think the key for me is detailed lecture notes. I didn't use them but I had them and I was able to speak. I didn't write down my name and I couldn't come up with it. What a day.

Returning to MFP tracking tomorrow in prep for Friday's depression eating. NP at my doctors office has banned me from exertion until the fever drops or I stop coughing from the lungs. So w2 of pre-52K is shaky if this crud doesn't go away tonight. Will also probably force me to stay home from the Women's March on Saturday.

I hope you feel better!

Hello everyone,

Some great woohoos yesterday - super jealous of all of you planning trips! Today Captain America is going to help us with our chatter ...

View attachment 215939

One of the abilities Captain America gained after taking the Super Soldier Serum was that his body is able to eliminate the toxins that build up during exercise that induce fatigue, therefore he has amazing endurance. Now endurance is very important for our runners on here but it is important for all of us in our own exercise journey's and daily lives. We need it to make it through a day at work, run around after kids and family members, shopping etc and then of course especially for any exercise activity we participate in. Those of us who are early in our journey know all too well how much effort things take now that we have gained weight and those who have already lost will remember what that is like ... but be able to give us insight into how that changed for them.

Endurance has a few different meanings in different contexts but very simply means the ability to withstand something over time.

QOTD: Tell us what endurance means for you... what is your current level like, how does this affect your daily life, how does it affect exercising, how have you improved it if you have already done so, if not how do you think you can improve yours?
A big question I know.

Endurance to me I think would be the ability to with stand the activity at that time. I need to work up my endurance for the elliptical. I can only do about 10 minutes but at one time I got up to 30. I always walk on the tread mill after to get all of my steps. I do sleep much better on the days I get my steps. The last few days I have been wide awake until at least 11 and the other day was atleast midnight before I fell asleep. If I get a chance tonight I will go. I need to go but the rec closes at 9. So I need to be their by 730ish to get the workout in. It all depends on how my daughters eye appointment goes tonight. OK back on topic. With the elliptical I just work up to the time I want. I start with 10 minutes for about a week. The next week I will go up to 15 and each week add 5 minutes. It takes time and even once I am up to 30 minutes there are days i just can't get to that time. It depends on the day. Days that have been mentally or physically tough already make it hard to push myself.

+++++++++

Well today did not start great. I got the kid doughnuts this morning so I got one too. I will eat good the rest of the day and will hopefully get to the rec tonight. it will be tough because My husband and I both need to go but only one will be able to tonight. He could go earlier but would have to take my son with him and he hates doing that. We will see what happens. I am also going to try and get 250 steps each hour today. When I do this I am easily at 6,000 + when I leave work. This makes it easier to get the steps at the end of the day.

For me, endurance is the ability to push past when I want to be done and keep going. And for me it depends on where I'm working out. If I'm at the gym or running a race I can totally do it. If I'm at home, it's a no-go. Some people are great at working out at home. I stink at it.

-----

Thank you everyone for all the positive vibes :D I appreciate it so much!

So here's what I'm struggling with lately. I'm wanting to shift to being a morning work out person. The reason for this being that if I end up getting a second job, it's going to be evenings and weekends. So I'm not going to get a workout in unless it's over lunch or in the morning. I have a great bedtime routine and most nights am asleep by 9p. So waking up at 5am is 8 hours, which should be way more than enough. But this morning, my alarm clock went off at 5am. I got up and walked across the room to silence it and then promptly returned to bed. I didn't even really sleep in that extra hour, just dozed. So for those of you who get up early to workout (or just get up early in general) what are your tricks and tips? How do I make my brain realize that I need to get up in order to get exercise in?

How do I make my brain realize that I need to get up in order to get exercise in?

My trick is to not move my wake up time earlier to quickly. So, if you want to get up earlier, don't set the alarm one hour earlier, but only 15 minutes earlier. Yes, not a lot of time for exercise. But if you keep moving it earlier every three days or so, you will be there quickly. I have figured out that my body likes a constant wake up time best. So, not sleeping in on days when you don't exercise in the morning.

Heading off to bed now - only 3 days left of vacation :sad: - tomorrow is my Birthday and the kids and I have decided to go on a 2 hour dolphin discovery cruise with a buffet lunch on board as long as the weather looks good in the morning - so fingers crossed. My feelings on birthdays are changing to no longer cringing that I am getting older - realising that I am lucky to do so! So every one should be a celebration - last year we went stand up paddle boarding together - so I have decided that each birthday I am going to do something fun with the kids rather than just let it pass by with little regard.
upload_2017-1-19_7-52-15.png

Attachments

• upload_2017-1-19_7-51-27.png
    upload_2017-1-19_7-51-27.png
    90.4 KB · Views: 1
For me, endurance is the ability to push past when I want to be done and keep going. And for me it depends on where I'm working out. If I'm at the gym or running a race I can totally do it. If I'm at home, it's a no-go. Some people are great at working out at home. I stink at it.

-----

Thank you everyone for all the positive vibes :D I appreciate it so much!

So here's what I'm struggling with lately. I'm wanting to shift to being a morning work out person. The reason for this being that if I end up getting a second job, it's going to be evenings and weekends. So I'm not going to get a workout in unless it's over lunch or in the morning. I have a great bedtime routine and most nights am asleep by 9p. So waking up at 5am is 8 hours, which should be way more than enough. But this morning, my alarm clock went off at 5am. I got up and walked across the room to silence it and then promptly returned to bed. I didn't even really sleep in that extra hour, just dozed. So for those of you who get up early to workout (or just get up early in general) what are your tricks and tips? How do I make my brain realize that I need to get up in order to get exercise in?

My bedroom clock is actually set about 8 minutes fast, so whatever time it is showing I have a buffer... and in the early morning I don't have enough brain cells engaged to lay there and do the math to calculate the real time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter