**Disney After Hours - Magic Kingdom** FAQ & Discussion Thread

FYI - I saw a few other reports around the DIS this AM of problems linking tickets in MDE. May be a glitch in the system that was effecting everyone. Might want to try again today or later on to see if it maybe clears up.
GA,
That was it. I got it all worked out. They are in MDE now. It's nerve wracking to make a big purchase like that and not see them populate correctly. After being on hold 1 hr, a Cast Member told me it was due to technical problems.
PolyRob was correct about the Fastpasses. Disney sees me as an off site guest and forces me to wait until 30 days prior. So, unless your concerned about a sell-out, there's no need to purchase AH tickets prior to 30 days out unless it falls inside your on-site dates. Might be a good thing to add to the Fastpass FAQ. I couldn't find an answer to that kind of question there.

Thanks for your good work keeping up with this thread!

DH and I are officially going to DAH at MK on January 6th! HOORAY!!

The timing is perfect - we are going with a total of 23 people - and everyone else is going home on the 5th 😉
Oh my goodness! I cannot even begin to imagine what is involved in going on a trip with 23 people! DAH will be a wonderful treat for you two. Enjoy!

Finally got caught up on this thread the last week or so. Really hoping (as others are) for the new dates to come in for end of Feb 2020 when we are going! We have arriving early afternoon 2/25 (Tuesday) and leaving sometime Sunday 3/1 so we're currently betting on them doing MK AH on that 2/25 Tuesday night or 2/29 Saturday night. They have historically done MK on Tuesday and Saturday nights so reallllllly hoping we can get lucky and get AK AH on Thursday 2/27 and MK AH one of the days!

EDIT: I thought they did MK AH on Tuesday's before, but after double checking, looks like they haven't... Hmmmm welp. May have to change stuff around if they decide to put it on the Monday 2/24.

Oh my goodness! I cannot even begin to imagine what is involved in going on a trip with 23 people! DAH will be a wonderful treat for you two. Enjoy!

Any call to Disney about our reservations takes at least an hour - but at least Disney has hooked me up with a senior level Vacation Planner 😉 . The good thing on the planning is that everyone is responsible for their own family's fast passes!

I tell you, though, the light at the end of the tunnel is going to be that DAH !!!

Any call to Disney about our reservations takes at least an hour - but at least Disney has hooked me up with a senior level Vacation Planner 😉 . The good thing on the planning is that everyone is responsible for their own family's fast passes!

I tell you, though, the light at the end of the tunnel is going to be that DAH !!!

Eeeekks. I did 12 people over the summer and said “NEVER AGAIN!”

Good luck with that! :rotfl2:

Does anyone have any experience with bringing a 4 year old to AH? How did they hold up with the late night? The only night over our trip is from 10pm-1am.

Does anyone have any experience with bringing a 4 year old to AH? How did they hold up with the late night? The only night over our trip is from 10pm-1am.

I have never done the parks with a 4 YO. But as someone with a big family& lots of experience with kids in general, I would say this is a very child specific situation. It doesn’t really matter how someone else’s 4 yo did at midnight. If your kid usually goes to bed at 8, won’t nap & gets absolutely miserable when they’re tired, a DAH from 10 - 1 doesn’t sound like a good idea. How does your child do late at night? Will it upset you to pay for AH then leave early if the little one needs to? Will they sleep in a stroller while the rest of the family can carry on? Is it their first trip so maybe just regular park days will be enough?

Sorry if not helpful, but I just think things like this are really specific to your own kid & family. How someone else’s kid did has no bearing on how your child will do.

Last edited:

I have one kid that, with a long afternoon nap and a slow day the next day would have been fine. I have another kid who would have fallen asleep in the stroller by 10 and would not have woken up, even in the hub during fireworks.

My advice if you do go is to make sure you don't have anything to do the next day until late. We did MK AH when they first started a few years ago, and by the time we got back to our resort and into bed, it was nearly 3am. Also, by the time the event was over, our kids needed another meal as it had been 7 hours since the last meal. This year, we did AH at three parks with a 10YO, and we slept until noon the next day each time.

Will it upset you to pay for AH then leave early if the little one needs to?

This is great advice for ANYONE going to After Hours. My 13 year old son has made us bail after 1.5 hours before because his feet hurt and he was tired.

I had to tell myself it was a sunk cost. I paid whether we stayed longer or not and the benefit of riding a few extra rides was not worth the pain of dealing with a cranky tween/teen (which can be worse than a toddler sometimes) 🤣

This is great advice for ANYONE going to After Hours. My 13 year old son has made us bail after 1.5 hours before because his feet hurt and he was tired.

I had to tell myself it was a sunk cost. I paid whether we stayed longer or not and the benefit of riding a few extra rides was not worth the pain of dealing with a cranky tween/teen (which can be worse than a toddler sometimes) 🤣
My 13 year old would have been sitting on a bench waiting for me!

:thumbsup2 Actually, I’ve had a similar personal experience. We’ve been to 2 DAH so far, both 8-11. We had to leave the last one by 10:30 because my DH’s back & feet hurt. :rolleyes: We are going to the 10-1 am event in December. I’m planning for DH to be hanging out in the room most of the afternoon, napping & watching tv, while I meet up with a local friend. We won’t even head to the park til around 8. I’m hoping to make it to almost 1. If not, oh well. It’s no fun being around a miserable family member, no matter how old they are.:rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter