Disney+ and Satan

I am sooooooo over the "Walt wouldn't..." and "Walt would roll over..." and " I'm sure Walt didn't intend..."

He's been dead since 1966. A LOT has changed and there is nobody who can speak for how he might feel in today's world.

We ALL have choices. To watch or not. To visit or not. Carry on with your choices and let everyone else have theirs.

***rant over***

Any statement that claims to know what Walt would have wanted can safely be disregarded. Walt was a genius, but he was totally unpredictable--if you talked to the people that knew him best the most consistent theme is that no one knew how he would react.

I always chuckle at the "Walt wouldn't approve of this" talk. Walt doesn't have to approve of anything. The man has been dead for almost 50 years. He left a great legacy that's hard for the company to live up to. But he wasn't a perfect man by any stretch. And he left this world with the idea that his works were not complete because he knew once he was gone, he had no say over them.

As far as Disney and Satan, do we just gloss over that Walt approved many stories and attractions that involved devils (Mr. Toad), demons (Fantasia), the dead (Haunted Mansion), and other completely non-Christian stories?

I'm sure there's plenty of content through the years that Walt wouldn't approve of but thankfully, the company is not bound by what he might or might not approve of. I'm sure there's lots of diversity of characters that may not have ever gotten a green light by Walt such as Moana, Tiana, Mulan, and Encanto. I'm not saying he was racist but he was certainly a product of his time, look no further than some of the depictions of non-white characters in older cartoons and feature films. Thankfully, as a society, we've seen that those depictions are not good.

But ultimately, there's a lot of content on Disney+ and Hulu that's not something everyone should watch. So maybe parents should exert more control of what their children are watching versus trying to roll a boulder uphill and have a say on what content should or shouldn't be on Disney+ in another country.

It is times like these I like to remind people Walt was a chainsmoker who seemed to subsist almost entirely on chili and scotch, among other, uh, quirks. Look, I love what the man created and he was brilliant, but he was also certainly a CHARACTER. To put it one way. (This is also why it's so funny to me when people get all up in arms about "drinking in Walt's park!!")

I am just sad the Disney is tied to anything adult in content. Disney should just be content geared toward wholesome family shows. Pretty sure this isn't what Walt had in mind when he created Mickey.
Does your glowing vision of "what Walt had in mind" include the "wholesome" cartoons he produced during WWII, including one that depicted an ugly racist stereotype of Japanese people?

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/hist...life-on-the-home-front-during-wwii-180979057/

Disney+ has greenlit a TV show about an 18 year old girl who gets pregnant by satan. What the hell Disney (pun intended). The following is the description. What are your thoughts? By By Disney+ for me.

- Disney+ to launch a new German original series titled 'Pauline'

- The show follows an 18-year-old girl who accidentally becomes pregnant from a one-night stand

- Protagonist, Pauline, stresses over school, climate crisis, and society's downfall

- Pauline falls in love with her one-night stand, Lukas, who turns out to be the devil himself
Do you mean buy buy Disney (because my stock is coming back up) or bye bye Disney Plus. 😬 jk. I am with you. Is there anyway I can be a purist pragmatist? Or is that too contradictory?

Anyone looking for Satan adjacent recommendations. Little Demon is hilarious and there is that one comedy movie on Netflix about a guy dating the mom of the antichrist. And Lucifer the show of course 😈😇
I loved loved loved the TV Show Lucifer. Turning common belief on its head! Made me remember that Lucifer was/is actually an angel! Yes, he was expelled from “heaven” but that didn’t mean he wasn’t family! What is it that you truly desire? 😉

I loved loved loved the TV Show Lucifer. Turning common belief on its head! Made me remember that Lucifer was/is actually an angel! Yes, he was expelled from “heaven” but that didn’t mean he wasn’t family! What is it that you truly desire? 😉

Going on a bit of a tangent, but since Lucifer was based on Neil Gaiman's works ... reminder to check out Netflix' American Jesus adaptation 'The Chosen One' this summer based on Mark Millar's comic series. If you dig stuff that subverts good vs evil, it will be interesting to see how they adapt this comic book to the screen.

Anyone looking for Satan adjacent recommendations. Little Demon is hilarious and there is that one comedy movie on Netflix about a guy dating the mom of the antichrist. And Lucifer the show of course 😈😇

Daniel Radcliffe’s Horns is good.

Going on a bit of a tangent, but since Lucifer was based on Neil Gaiman's works ... reminder to check out Netflix' American Jesus adaptation 'The Chosen One' this summer based on Mark Millar's comic series. If you dig stuff that subverts good vs evil, it will be interesting to see how they adapt this comic book to the screen.

So happy to a new season of Good Omens.

I guess I didn't realize just how forgiving people on the disboards could be. I care about my grandchildren and how they have to nagivate the world. I actually posted this thread just to see how bad things have gotten.

Corporations now look to do whatever stupid, outrageous, pandering thing they can do to get attention. The Kardashian marketing model. Like teenage girls screaming for attention. I bet Iger wears hello kitty pajamas.

Corporations now look to do whatever stupid, outrageous, pandering thing they can do to get attention. The Kardashian marketing model. Like teenage girls screaming for attention. I bet Iger wears hello kitty pajamas.
Again, you are clearly unhappy in the way Disney is going for you? Why waste your time on something you clearly don’t enjoy or agree with, including being on a Disney forum?

It's bad enough that the OP's attitude is to want to punish Disney because they produced some entertainment content that the OP does not agree with. Unfortunately these attitudes are not just directed at Disney. They are more and more becoming the norm in some circles just to project some religious, political and personal views on to others who may not agree with them and somehow they are in the side of right and who ever disagrees with them is somehow evil be it a person, school board or corporation.

I am so over book banning. I am so over being told what to watch or read. I am so over being told that merchandise sold in a store is evil or they don't like the actor in a commercial and therefore are going to boycott the business. I am so over punishing corporations and others that they don't agree with so they can score political points by trampling on the rights of others to make their own choices to read, watch, live or buy products that they deem to be appropriate. I thought we lived in a country where everyone had the choice to live their own life and make their own choices as long as they did not interfere or project their views onto others who think differently. At one time it was believed at least by some that diversity made us all stronger. Apparently not anymore.

As another poster said, rant over.

Again, you are clearly unhappy in the way Disney is going for you? Why waste your time on something you clearly don’t enjoy or agree with, including being on a Disney forum?

Maybe I don't think voicing my opinion about the direction of an American icon is a waste of time. I know a lot of people love echo chambers and wish for dissenting opinion to just go away, but that's not the way the world works.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter