Disney buys Marvel for $4B

what's Twilight? Isn't it that the franchise just for teen girls or something?

It's a series of books about a teenage girl who is in love with a teenage vampire. The first book was made into a movie last year and the second book will be coming to the silver screen soon. Although the books were aimed at teen girls, many adults have read the books, including my wife.

As for the possible retheming of Marvel Super-Hero Island, I've always wanted to see a Sci-Fi Island built at IOA. With Universal owning the Sci-Fi (SYFY) Channel, I'd like to see some of their shows translated to rides: BattleStar Gallactica, Stargate, Eureka, Doctor Who, etc. They have a new series called Warehouse 13 which could be a neat walkthrough exhibit. I'm not sure how the current rides could be modified to this new theme though.

It's a series of books about a teenage girl who is in love with a teenage vampire. The first book was made into a movie last year and the second book will be coming to the silver screen soon. Although the books were aimed at teen girls, many adults have read the books, including my wife.

As for the possible retheming of Marvel Super-Hero Island, I've always wanted to see a Sci-Fi Island built at IOA. With Universal owning the Sci-Fi (SYFY) Channel, I'd like to see some of their shows translated to rides: BattleStar Gallactica, Stargate, Eureka, Doctor Who, etc. They have a new series called Warehouse 13 which could be a neat walkthrough exhibit. I'm not sure how the current rides could be modified to this new theme though.

I like that idea. I watch Eureka sometimes but have not seen the others but know they have some heavy fans. They probably could do some technological stuff that would impress both fans and ppl who have never seen it.

If you like Sci-Fi & Battlestar Galactica, you'll want to save your $$$$ for about 5 years; Universal Singapore is going to have a BG ride.

I doubt that the move on Disneys part to buy Marvel was Park motivated, probably much much more if not exclusively movie oriented. They see how big the spider man movies were and want that action. I seriously doubt if it had anything to do at all with the success of Marvel island at IOA. They probably want to use the Marvel characters for more movies, including characters that no movies have been made before, thinking they may be as big as the spiderman movies were.

I believe that their most successful show nowadays is Ghosthunters. I wonder how they could theme to that? Maybe some kind of show along the lines of the Gruesome Gory etc thing? Warehouse 13 is a nice show IMO. :thumbsup2

I still would love to see the classic monsters used in some way. But how? :confused3

I believe that their most successful show nowadays is Ghosthunters. I wonder how they could theme to that? Maybe some kind of show along the lines of the Gruesome Gory etc thing? Warehouse 13 is a nice show IMO. :thumbsup2

I still would love to see the classic monsters used in some way. But how? :confused3

I've never watched Ghosthunters, but I'm sure that I'd like it if I did. My wife is excited for the return of Destination Truth next week. She didn't like it when we started watching it, but Josh won her over with his antics.

And a classic monsters island would be cool too!:thumbsup2

After reading damo's link and DM's post, Universal Singapore sound like the place to be in a few years!

I really need to do an asian theme park vacation. Disney Sea looks amazing too!

However, a California trip in 2012 would be great to do the Terminator ride at UH and do Little Mermaid and Cars land at Disneyland.

Changing Marvel Island into Sci Fi Island would be very cool.

This is a little off topic and strictly my thoughts so take it for what it's worth:

I think the stars are aligning for a big announcement on 9/15 at Universal! Here's why I think this:

I'm watching the local news Monday night about the Disney/Marvel purchase and what it means for IOA. The reporter is interviewing a Business Analyst from UCF and he thinks one of the reasons Disney announced the Marvel deal was to take momentum away from the possible announcement to be made by Universal later this month. He thought Disney knew or had an idea that Sea World and Universal would merge by the end of the year. I thought...hmmmm...that's interesting.

Then...The Sentinel reports Universal has a webcast scheduled for 9/15 for the partial unveiling of some of the WWoHP details. Here is the link to the story: http://www.orlandosentinel.com/trav...-universal-harry-potter-090309,0,286483.story

Next...I'm reading Screamscape this morning and it's reporting that Blackstone big wigs were here this week meeting with InBev/AB big wigs and are touring the parks. It's reported Blackstone will make a legit and serious bid for Busch Entertainment which would include the three Sea World parks here in Orlando and both Busch Gardens parks in Tampa and Williamsburg. Blackstone...as you may or may not know...owns 50% of Universal Orlando.

So...I'm thinking part of this webcast will be to announce the merger of Sea World and Universal which would be huge...especially down here.

Remember...this is strictly my theory right now and there is no basis in fact for most of it...I just thought it was interesting.

This is a little off topic and strictly my thoughts so take it for what it's worth:

I think the stars are aligning for a big announcement on 9/15 at Universal! Here's why I think this:

I'm watching the local news Monday night about the Disney/Marvel purchase and what it means for IOA. The reporter is interviewing a Business Analyst from UCF and he thinks one of the reasons Disney announced the Marvel deal was to take momentum away from the possible announcement to be made by Universal later this month. He thought Disney knew or had an idea that Sea World and Universal would merge by the end of the year. I thought...hmmmm...that's interesting.

Then...The Sentinel reports Universal has a webcast scheduled for 9/15 for the partial unveiling of some of the WWoHP details. Here is the link to the story: http://www.orlandosentinel.com/trav...-universal-harry-potter-090309,0,286483.story

Next...I'm reading Screamscape this morning and it's reporting that Blackstone big wigs were here this week meeting with InBev/AB big wigs and are touring the parks. It's reported Blackstone will make a legit and serious bid for Busch Entertainment which would include the three Sea World parks here in Orlando and both Busch Gardens parks in Tampa and Williamsburg. Blackstone...as you may or may not know...owns 50% of Universal Orlando.

So...I'm thinking part of this webcast will be to announce the merger of Sea World and Universal which would be huge...especially down here.

Remember...this is strictly my theory right now and there is no basis in fact for most of it...I just thought it was interesting.

I rly hope you are right!

The announcement will be very exciting. I am stoked to hear more details.

Ah, it's good to see competition, even if it seems cutthroat.

Disney (to Universal) "Oh yeah, well we're buying Marvel for $4B. IN YOUR FACE! :darth:"

Universal (to Disney) "OUCH! But just wait until 9/15." :wizard:

Disney "What then?"

Universal "You'll see..."

Disney "Ohsh----"

I think that would be a very good thing. I think I trust Blackstone at running things more than I do InBev, though honestly I'm not an expert on both companies, but at least Blackstone has been around the industry longer (I know that it's basically an investment company with many different partners)

I would love to see some kind of merger of Universal and Busch Gardens! Wouldn't it be cool to have passes that include Sea World and its attractions? And maybe a shuttle of some kind to get around?

Wow, if only this is true...

I would love to see some kind of merger of Disney and Busch Gardens! Wouldn't it be cool to have passes that include Sea World and its attractions? And maybe a shuttle of some kind to get around?

Wow, if only this is true...
Busch Gardens is owned by Busch Entertainment and if it's true that Blackstone is purchasing BE, BGT and BGW would be included in the parks with Universal. That would be huge to have Universal/Sea World and Busch Gardens as one company...or at least partly owned by the same company. Blackstone would own 100% of the Busch Gardens parks and the Sea World parks (Discovery Cove and Aquatica too) and they own 50% of Universal Orlando currently. Disney would never buy BGT since it already has an animal park...same with Sea World and the coasters...just not Disney's style.

Please oh please let me be right!
:teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter