Disney called me back regarding CBR problems

jenanderson

DIS Veteran
I just wanted to let everyone know that Disney did answer my e-mailed concerns.

Here's the long but shortened story:
Reservations at CBR with 2 rooms for 6 nights - got bumped on flight (did not volunteer) - called CBR ASAP to let them know this and changed reservations slightly to reflect our new arrival date. I was told "No problems making the change"
Got to CBR - waited in line at Custom House for 1 1/2 hours before even getting up to the front. CM went over reservation and still had old dates. Told her the story about the flight and calling CBR to make change. She said - "we have no record of your call". Proceeded to tell me a very high amount I would have to pay to make the change. I showed her my cell phone display (showing their phone number, length of call, etc), pulled out the detailed notes I took during my phone call to make the change, and was still told there was no record I called. After she left me at the front (no explaination as to where she was going) for 15 minutes, came back (still no conversation with me), called someone else, and more waiting - she told me she would credit me a small amount and was now just generally rude to me. I finally just signed the papers so our family could get on with our vacation. Later, I did receive a call from reservations that they were sorry I had problems at the front desk and I would be getting the whole credit that I had been told when I called. This check in took over 3 hours!

We also had 2 other minor problems at the custom house with guest relations.

I wrote a very detailed and to the point letter to Disney and e-mailed it to them right off of the Disney web site. I got an e-mail back saying they had my e-mail and someone would contact me. Sure enough, one month later, I was called by Joseph. He really validated my points and talked with me about the problems. I had not asked for anything in return for our problems nor did I expect any compensation for my complaint. I really just wanted them to know that something should be done about the Custom House problems. Joseph was great and really listened and shared with me his thoughts and some future plans that may be made at CBR to help with some of these problems. He also made note on my reservation for December that I had problems this past April and assured me there should be none in December. Lastly, he told me to feel free to contact him if I should have any problems in the future.

Overall, I feel very pleased. A company as big as Disney actually called and addressed my problem. I feel he really handled it well and made me feel better about the problems we had. I am pleased that he put the comment on our record because DH was not sure about staying on grounds again and I want it to go smooth next time. I wanted everyone to know that it does help to address the big problems. Little things are going to happen and I can expect that - you should not have big problems (and downright rude CMs) on top of it all. I hope others who have big problems let Disney know about it but do not go into it thinking that they are going to get big $$ out of it. Our job is really just to make Disney a better experience for everyone.

I am glad to hear that Disney contacted you. I make it a rule to let people know when they do it right and when they get it wrong.

It is amazing the response I have gotten both ways.

I'm glad to hear you had a positive response to your email.

A few years ago, we had a problem at the Custom House as well. The girl who checked us in, Nicole, was giggling and laughing with the guy next to her during the entire check-in process. We kept asking her questions, and had to repeat them over and over becuase she was carrying on so with her co-worker. As a result, our key didn't work, our luggage went to another room, among other problems.

I also wrote to Disney and they apologized for the problems I had incurred, and said that the manager would "deal" with Nicole and her friend. They also promised no additional problems with my upcoming trip.

It's nice to know that Disney listens.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter