• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Camper Advance Edit Mode/Loop Renovations

Deb-

Actually, Carol is right about the old comfort station in the middle of the 2100 loop. As you pointed out, there is a comfort station located between the 1100 loop and the 2100 loop, but there is also one smack dab in the middle of the 2100 loop. According to this old map, the 2100 loop was originally a camping loop. Now, it is a cabin loop, and the old comfort station is used as a maintenance headquarters for the cabins.

Also, the sidewalk from the 2100 loop to the 1100 loop comfort station was there before 1998, as I remember using it when we stayed in the original Wilderness Homes, and then the cabins that replaced them on this loop in 1998.

TCD

I cut the map out of this to shorten things up a bit. What year was that map from???? By admission, we didn't actually "camp" at FtW between 1987 & 1995 due to the fact we had no camping equipment at that time, but we did make several stays at the cabins. Our first cabin experience was in 1992, when we stayed in the 2100 loop. There wasn't any comfort station there at that time. Now that you mention it though, I vaguely remember a maintenence building on 2100 before they changed out all the cabins. I do know there was no paved sidewalk between 2100 & the CS on 1100 in 2002, cause I was in site 1120 for a two week vacation in August 02 and there was a family reunion with some people in a cabin on 2100 & on the site next to us in 1100. We were constantly inundated with kids running thru our site. :eek: The path had some mulch on it then, but no cement. In October 03 when we were on 1107 for a 3 month stay...the concrete path was there. Jeepers creepers!!! I need a journal to keep up with things!!!

Deb-

Actually, Carol is right about the old comfort station in the middle of the 2100 loop. As you pointed out, there is a comfort station located between the 1100 loop and the 2100 loop, but there is also one smack dab in the middle of the 2100 loop. According to this old map, the 2100 loop was originally a camping loop. Now, it is a cabin loop, and the old comfort station is used as a maintenance headquarters for the cabins.

FWMap1970sRailroad.jpg

Also, the sidewalk from the 2100 loop to the 1100 loop comfort station was there before 1998, as I remember using it when we stayed in the original Wilderness Homes, and then the cabins that replaced them on this loop in 1998.

TCD

I could swear that for xmas 1980 we stayed in the 2100 loop in our truck camper:confused3 Maybe you are right!

I cut the map out of this to shorten things up a bit. What year was that map from???? By admission, we didn't actually "camp" at FtW between 1987 & 1995 due to the fact we had no camping equipment at that time, but we did make several stays at the cabins. Our first cabin experience was in 1992, when we stayed in the 2100 loop. There wasn't any comfort station there at that time. Now that you mention it though, I vaguely remember a maintenence building on 2100 before they changed out all the cabins. I do know there was no paved sidewalk between 2100 & the CS on 1100 in 2002, cause I was in site 1120 for a two week vacation in August 02 and there was a family reunion with some people in a cabin on 2100 & on the site next to us in 1100. We were constantly inundated with kids running thru our site. :eek: The path had some mulch on it then, but no cement. In October 03 when we were on 1107 for a 3 month stay...the concrete path was there. Jeepers creepers!!! I need a journal to keep up with things!!!

I thought that I got that map from Disboard member Tim5055's site, but when I checked it, it looks like he does not have a copy of this one. Here is his site, which has a lot of FW history on it: http://www.title-3.com/FWFacts.htm

As far as this Comfort Station is concerned, on your next visit, ride around the 2100 loop, you will see it. It is still there- in the middle of the loop. You couldn't see it very well before all of the clearing, but you can see it plain as day now.

TCD

I thought that I got that map from Disboard member Tim5055's site, but when I checked it, it looks like he does not have a copy of this one. Here is his site, which has a lot of FW history on it: http://www.title-3.com/FWFacts.htm

As far as this Comfort Station is concerned, on your next visit, ride around the 2100 loop, you will see it. It is still there- in the middle of the loop. You couldn't see it very well before all of the clearing, but you can see it plain as day now.

TCD

I just took a closer look at the map. 1600-1900 loops are on it, so that dates it to late 1987 or early 1988. We stayed in the 100 loop for 10 days in October 1987 & I distinctly remember watching construction work going on in 1600-1900. They were almost finished & getting ready to open the loops. That was also the same vacation I asked a member of Mousekeeping if I could see the inside of one of the cabins - which she was glad to let me do. So, the 2100 loop did have the "Wilderness Homes" in 1987.

The 500 loop is also named Terry Trail & not Buffalo Bend. 500 was re-named IIRC, in 1996. So now, the map dates between 1987 & 1996.

Which leaves the question of the mystery comfort station on the 2100 loop. I will definitely look for it the next time I'm on a bike-trek at FtW. Maybe this Friday or Saturday. DANG!! I really don't remember one being there, and I stayed in cabins on the 2100 loop 4-5 times. I also spent a lot of time looping FtW in winter 2002-3 & winter 2003-4. In 2003-4, we stayed on site 1107 which backs up to the "dead center" of 2100. If I had a CS with a laundry room that close, I would have used it to do laundry & Al would have used it to do the daily "3 Esses" when he stayed with me. Are you sure you don't mean the one in the middle of 2000?

Of course, I also swear that before they put the new cabins in 2100, the entrance was one-way to the right...and now, it's one-way to the left.

Admittedly, I suffer from "CRS" disease, which worsens as you approach 55!!:rotfl2:

Man.... TCD.... this map is very confusing!!! Taking yet another closer look, in the legend on the right it shows "railroad stations". The steam train ended in 1977. ?????:confused3

The reason I'm certain this map has to be from as early as late 87 - early 88 is because we moved into our home in Bradenton, Fl Thanksgiving weekend 1987, and sold our 1986 21' Coachman TT in the process. There were deed restrictions that prevented us from keeping the TT at our new home. DH was dead set against storing it anywhere...so October 87 was our last vacation in it and I was thrilled we got the site next to the path to Settlement Trading Post. That was also the vacation DH's bike "blew off" the back of the TT somewhere near Plant City because he didn't tie it on the rack well enough. He laughed at me because I triple tied mine on!! Guess who had the last laugh?? (and still do!):lmao:

I got a text from MrsGus06 late last week that said 900 loop had NOT been closed and no work going on.

So the reason they moved us all from the 900 loop and split us up for the GG was ?????

Deb-

I have good news and bad news.

The good news is that I am going to make you a deputy FW spy for your efforts trying to resolve this mystery comfort station issue.

The bad news is that your CRS is really kicking in! That map has to be from no later than 1978-1979. If you look at Tim5055's website, he has a map posted from 1978 that has the 1600-1900 loops on it, as well as the FW Railroad.

Note that on the map I posted, the Bike Barn is still over where the dog park is now, and there is no Meadows swimming pool. IIRC, Colson39 claims to have been the first person to swim in the Meadows swimming pool, and this was some time in the 70's.

So, this map can't be from the 80's or later.

It seems like you have very vivid memories of the 1600-1900 loop construction happening in 1987, but the maps clearly contradict your memory.

:confused3 :confused: :confused3

TCD

p.s. don't beat yourself up about not doing laundry in the 2100 loop comfort station-it was not being used as a comfort station once the wilderness homes went in. But, the building itself is still there.

I thought they also said it was because some of us GG's were staying longer than the 8th or 9th and that is when they were going to start rens so they had to move us. It's a CONSPIRACY I tell ya, a CONSPIRACY!!

Okay.... this website may help clear up some of the "mysteries"...

http://wdwnews.com/viewpressrelease.aspx?pressreleaseid=105418&siteid=1

We have the "undisputable facts" as presented by WDW.com itself. My CRS must have kicked in --- or I was smokin' "funny" cigarettes in 1987 thinking I was smoking Salem's!:rotfl2:

Perhaps 1600-1900 was closed during that time in October 1987 due to some major problem and I assumed they were new loops??? Something went on back then that had the loops closed and engineers and workmen there.:confused3 I truly do not recall those loops prior to that particular vacation, and we camped at Disney several times a year from 1974 to 1987. I'll just fall back on my "stoooopidity"!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter