Disney Credit Card

Smile

Earning My Ears
What can you use the rewards $ for? besides shopping at the Disney store and few Disney restaurants at DTD?

Can you use it for the food stands in the Villas?

What is your experience with it? Is there a better option with no annual fee?

Thank you in advance for your advice.

Cheers.

Here is what I do with mine ..

I charge everything to the room .. and on the last night, I take my rewards card to the front desk and have them apply it all to the bill. That way there is no worry about who takes it and who doesn't.

but FYI - as far as I know you can use it anywhere at WDW.. any store .. any restaurant.

We used it for drinks at the pool at OKW. We have decided to use a cash rewards card instead. Then we can use the cash for Disney if we want. I originally got the Disney card because of the $50.00 gift certificate offered. But by the time I got it, Disney stores switched owners, and there really isn't any good stuff in ours. No adult clothing (we don't have young children). The card is still in my husband's wallet, and probably expired.

as others have said-you can use these things just about anywhere.

can use it for the room, tickets, restaraunts

usually we go to the desk and cash the whole thing in for Disney Dollars-which we then use like cash. sodas, lunch, snacks, tickets, passes, gifts, etc

can use the Disney Dollars anywhere cash is accepted-restaraunts, carts, the resorts, anywhere

CoolDisneyCat said:
Here is what I do with mine ..

I charge everything to the room .. and on the last night, I take my rewards card to the front desk and have them apply it all to the bill. That way there is no worry about who takes it and who doesn't.

but FYI - as far as I know you can use it anywhere at WDW.. any store .. any restaurant.

We do the same.

As I understand it, there are better cards out there, depending on what you do. Some people really like the miles cards. Others really like the GM cards. Some like the cash back. Some like no rewards, but no annual fee and the lowest possible interest rate (my bank card is one of these). For us, the Disney card has worked very well.

In a word, If it has the mouse on it, you can use it.

If I'm not mistaken, and I am new to the DVC, you can even use it towards your DVC dues.

Here's the way we think of it. We like WDW. We go often. With it, we can make our normal purchases work towards making our trips less expensive and therefore more often. (Jees, I sound like a commercial :rotfl:

My husband uses it for his golf membership and his golf fees. Nothing he like better than cheap golf (with the membership) free (with the rewards). We also use it to eat at the Sand Trap restaurant by Eagle pines/Osprey Ridge. They have the best Reubens & homemade chips anywhere!

I did what the first responder did, but I did it at check in just to get it out of the way.

It's a Visa so you can use it anywhere that Visa is accepted. And as far as I know there is no annual fee.

If you are talking about the old Disney card that is no longer in use. The ended that on 9/30 of this year.

Just want to thank everyone for your advice. This has been very helpful.

Just to clarify - I wanted to know where you can redeem the reward credits you accumulate with the card.

Thank you once again!

We did the same as CoolDisneyCat: charge everything to the room, then apply the Rewards to the room bill. Also, CoolDisney Cat and Rad did it right: we waited for check out day to apply the Rewards, which then came in the form of a credit to the total charge that had already been posted to our credit card.

Also, I must admit that I have been pleased with the discounts we got from the Disney VISA, much better than I expected (although the discounts are better at DL than at WDW). We got the card just for the $50 bucks in Rewards, but have since charged a DL tour, meals at DL, lots of merchandise at DL, a tour at WDW and a package for our next DL trip for the discounts and/or perks! Even my husband is now sold on keeping the card in our wallet.

Best of luck in whatever you decide -- Suzanne

Smile said:
Just to clarify - I wanted to know where you can redeem the reward credits you accumulate with the card.
Think of it as a prepaid Disney Gift Card. You can use it anywhere Visa is accepted - hotels, restaurants, ticket booths, stores, etc - anywhere on Disney property.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter