Disney Cruise Advice

Bobbysgirl325

Earning My Ears
I just booked my 1st Disney World cruise vacation. Any advice or secrets about their cruising or activities? I've only sailed with Royal Caribbean ... thanks.

We are also going on our first cruise in about a week. There is a bunch of threads here on the forum where I have found a lot of useful info....just browse around a bit. I also got a book from the library that was very useful - Passporters Disney Cruise Line and its ports of call.

We are going on our first cruise too. I have been reading as much as I can. We ordered Disney Cruise planning books. Sometimes I feel like I am reading the same information....but I'm hoping to find great tips and info!

First, have fun exploring the Disney Cruise Line website---you might have them send you a DVD just to give you some visuals. Next, checkout the Travel Channel to see when they might be running their hour long tv show on Disney cruises. Next, this site is awesome for all manor of information. Lastly, checkout some travel books--I personally love Passporters Guide Books!

As a first time cruiser on DCL, you will probably want to experience everything. Keep in mind you are on vacation and try to enjoy yourself.

One thing that we have done on our cruises that someone told us about is great if you have kids. Bring a pillow case, t-shirt, or blank frame and a set of colorful permanent markers (i.e sharpies) and leave it at the front desk and ask for the characters to sign whatever you bring. At the end of the cruise, they will deliver your signed item to your room with all of the characters signatures on it. It saves standing in line for character autographs.

As a first time cruiser on DCL, you will probably want to experience everything. Keep in mind you are on vacation and try to enjoy yourself.

One thing that we have done on our cruises that someone told us about is great if you have kids. Bring a pillow case, t-shirt, or blank frame and a set of colorful permanent markers (i.e sharpies) and leave it at the front desk and ask for the characters to sign whatever you bring. At the end of the cruise, they will deliver your signed item to your room with all of the characters signatures on it. It saves standing in line for character autographs.

That's fantastic! Just label them with name and room number? DD will be thrilled. Does it work best if it's blank because there's so many characters aboard or would a mostly white Disney shirt work too?

Also going on my first Disney cruise this year, but I've cruised with other cruise lines. The boards are great for information. Also, read through the FAQs on the Disney website. You can find answers to questions you didn't even know you had!

The lines can be long for character photos. So if you have a few people in your party, have 1 person wait in one line while you wait in another and then the kids can swap lines. Otherwise you end up waiting forever.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter