Disney Daily Dining Plan?

acgardne

Mouseketeer
Our local amusement park has opened back up for the season, so I’ve been thinking about the differences in offerings compared to Disney. Obviously, some wouldn’t work at Disney, such as a season long beverage or dining pass, since Disney is open all year.

But our park also offers a daily dining plan, and I got to thinking about how that would work at Disney. Basically, it is a meal (without beverage) every 90 minutes for that day, and only some meals qualify for the dining program.

I don’t always want a meal (sometimes a giant pretzel or turkey leg is my lunch/dinner), but I would definitely be interested in choosing a daily option for a certain number of snack credits for certain days of our visit. We don’t really do lots of table service, and we never opted for the dining plan at Disney if it wasn’t free, so I could see snack credits being more useful, at least for us.

What do you think? If a daily plan was an option, would you pay for it? What would have to be included for you to buy it? Would you prefer a time restriction or credits?

There was something like that at MK maybe 6-8 years ago . It did not work. Not sure why. It was only offered for a short time.

There was something like that at MK maybe 6-8 years ago . It did not work. Not sure why. It was only offered for a short time.
That is interesting! I wonder if they lost money on it or just that they made more off the standard dining plan.

I don't think that Disney is hurting in the restaurant department. They all seem to be pretty busy most of the time, especially the sit down restaurants. Places usually do things like this to bring in business. I think that any kind of dining plan at this time would be a huge mistake. People are already angry enough that they can't get reservations for most park restaurants. Imagine what it would be like if they sold you the dining plan and you couldn't even get into a restaurant. I don't understand why people keep pushing for a dining plan. Just pay for what you are ordering.

I think part of the difference at most local amusement parks is people tend to go for one day and spend the entire day at the park then go home. Likely your only choices for food at a local amusement park are things actually served at the park. You probably aren't going to leave the park to have a meal and then return. Not sure what the financial advantage would be for a captive local amusement park to offer that.

Disney tends to be more of a multi-day visit and has 4 different parks and many hotels. Lots of food choices at the various Disney hotels as well as Disney Springs. I would think most people spend several days at Disney. Locals with AP's might go on a weekend when there is good weather. Park food isn't your only option, so the reason for a dining plan is different from a local park.

There are several older (often contentious) threads about the various dining plans Disney used to offer. When/if they ever return and in what format isn't something any of us would know.

Only if it saved a considerable amount of money. that doesn't really sound like it would be a WDW multi-day plan though, more like a local park you just went to for the day.

We only did the DDP once when it was "free".
For us, it was TOO much food and not what we wanted to eat.
We gave a LOT away.
YMMV. For us, just not a good deal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter