Disney Deluxe Villa Resorts

mom2alix

<font color=teal>I know he is always on my side<br
I received a Passporter newsletter today with a blurb that DVC is now going to be called "Disney Deluxe Villa Resorts" in WDW marketing brochures.

They say it's to make it more clear that villas can be reserved by non-DVC members via CRO, but it also made me think of the old rumors about "value-DVC".

Oh, yes, I can see that:

SSR, OKW are moderates, BWV, BCV, VWL, AKL and the new CRV are deluxe and yes, the new Pop Century Villas (PCV) will be value.

(Don't laugh...... $$$$$..... it's all that seems to matter to Disney any more...) :mad:

Oh, yes, I can see that:

SSR, OKW are moderates, BWV, BCV, VWL, AKL and the new CRV are deluxe and yes, the new Pop Century Villas (PCV) will be value.

(Don't laugh...... $$$$$..... it's all that seems to matter to Disney any more...) :mad:

Anyway to post that newsletter, or get a link to it?

Oh, yes, I can see that:

I would NEVER consider SSR as a moderate....it's beautiful and luxurious....to each his own. I would think that it would be more about a particular location within a resort....or something along the lines of a DVC at on of the POP resort locations, not current DVC's.

I would NEVER consider SSR as a moderate....it's beautiful and luxurious....to each his own. I would think that it would be more about a particular location within a resort....or something along the lines of a DVC at on of the POP resort locations, not current DVC's.

That is what I was thinking also. With the price of DVC getting so high and the popularity of the AllStar Suites, it just seemed that this might indicate that the POP Moderate DVC might happen. Perhaps they would sell it at about the $65 mark that they started OKW with years ago. Although I still wonder how that would work with the trading, etc. :confused3

On that note, I would never consider OKW as a moderate either!!!!! The room size alone would make it impossible to pass off.

A moderate to me would be smaller than that. Just because you have outside doors doesn't automatically make either a moderate. They are very much the same in all other ways.

I do wonder if they will add to Pop though. Not sure how they would do it at a real moderate resort... seems to be too small of a difference in ammenities IMO.

Since it's a paid subscription, I don't think I should post it. However, check out the www.disney.com travel site and they have changed the labeling. All DVC resorts are now showing as Disney Deluxe Villa Resorts.

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wd...id=BenefitOSOPVCResortAmenitiesComparisonPage

BTW - BWV Dreamin, I think our dogs might be twins! I'll have to find a good pic of mine to post. :)

The links don't really catagorize the resorts, just list the starting room rates. Wish I could read that publication. Yes, please post your dog pic! Mine is a Schnoodle (Schnauzer/Poodle mix). Would love to see it! ;)

Taken directly from the DVC website
Resorts debut new category name

Beginning on Aug. 16, Guests shopping for Walt Disney World® accommodations will discover a "new" category of resorts.

In an effort to alleviate confusion about the availability of Disney Vacation Club accommodations as nightly rentals, and to better describe these resorts' amenities, Disney vacation planners will use the term Disney Deluxe Villa Resorts in reference to the Disney Vacation Club properties for non-Members. (These resorts previously were listed as Disney Vacation Club Resorts.)

The Disney Deluxe Villa Resorts category tops off a line-up of Disney Resorts for every taste and budget, including Disney Value Resorts, Disney Moderate Resorts and Disney Deluxe Resorts.
As this resort category name change affects Guest rental bookings only, Disney Vacation Club Members will continue to know these properties as Disney Vacation Club Resorts.

I think this is a great idea! I have heard about the abuse of the free valet offering even if they were not a member or staying on a points reservation. There parking pass just said DVC and they were told they got free valet parking. Also some keycard said DVC and non DVC members were getting discounts on dining. Again being told by the CM that they were entitled to it because they were staying at a DVC resort.(We actually experienced this on our last trip. A couple next to us was in a 1 bdrm at OKW and they asked why there was a discount on there tab at Artist Point. The CM said "that they got the DVC discount because they were at a DVC resort"! :eek: )

Members are always complaining that they don't feel special anymore. This would be a way to distinguish members (and others staying on points) from cash guests.

From the DVC Member Site....

Resorts debut new category name

Beginning on Aug. 16, Guests shopping for Walt Disney World® accommodations will discover a "new" category of resorts.

In an effort to alleviate confusion about the availability of Disney Vacation Club accommodations as nightly rentals, and to better describe these resorts' amenities, Disney vacation planners will use the term Disney Deluxe Villa Resorts in reference to the Disney Vacation Club properties for non-Members. (These resorts previously were listed as Disney Vacation Club Resorts.)

The Disney Deluxe Villa Resorts category tops off a line-up of Disney Resorts for every taste and budget, including Disney Value Resorts, Disney Moderate Resorts and Disney Deluxe Resorts.

As this resort category name change affects Guest rental bookings only, Disney Vacation Club Members will continue to know these properties as Disney Vacation Club Resorts.

First, it's Deluxe Villas, then, Deluxe Villas for every taste and budget.....

(the rose-colored glasses are starting to clear..... sure hope I'm proven wrong!):sad2:

In no way did I mean to infer that SSR or OKW are inferior. I own at OKW and love it there. I was just going by the lower points requirements and lower rack rates charged per night for those resorts. That's all. In fact, AKL really fits somewhere in between.

Seems to me that we're all about to be shafted. It looks like Disney is trying to separate the concept of Villas from DVC to generate more cash bookings of Villas. What bothers me is that cash guests will be able to book rooms at my home resort before I can.

Ok. Rose Colored Glasses back on. No more doom and gloom for today. ;)

Perhaps this has more to do with the CRV - whether it is going to be DVC or Family Suites. Perhaps they are testing the waters to see if there would be more demand on a cash basis if marketed differently.

First, it's Deluxe Villas, then, Deluxe Villas for every taste and budget.....

(the rose-colored glasses are starting to clear..... sure hope I'm proven wrong!):sad2:

The quote says this: "The Disney Deluxe Villa Resorts category tops off a line-up of Disney Resorts for every taste and budget, including Disney Value Resorts, Disney Moderate Resorts and Disney Deluxe Resorts."

They are talking about all the categorizing all Disney resorts, not categorizing the different DVC resorts as Value, Moderate, and Deluxe. What I think they mean is that all Disney Resorts will be categorized as one of the following via CRO as this: Value, Moderate, Deluxe, Deluxe Villa.

-Matt

Taken directly from the DVC website

I think this is a great idea! I have heard about the abuse of the free valet offering even if they were not a member or staying on a points reservation. There parking pass just said DVC and they were told they got free valet parking. Also some keycard said DVC and non DVC members were getting discounts on dining. Again being told by the CM that they were entitled to it because they were staying at a DVC resort.(We actually experienced this on our last trip. A couple next to us was in a 1 bdrm at OKW and they asked why there was a discount on there tab at Artist Point. The CM said "that they got the DVC discount because they were at a DVC resort"! :eek: )

Members are always complaining that they don't feel special anymore. This would be a way to distinguish members (and others staying on points) from cash guests.

If this is one of the end results, that I am for it. There needs to be a way to distinguish DVC Members and non-Members. If CM's always asked for the Membership card, there wouldn't be a problem, but they don't. And how many of us always carry around our card? I did this past trip only because it was our first stay as Members. The only ones to ask for the card was when we were buying Member exclusive pins. Any, sorry for the tangent! ;)

-Matt

If this is one of the end results, that I am for it. There needs to be a way to distinguish DVC Members and non-Members. If CM's always asked for the Membership card, there wouldn't be a problem, but they don't. And how many of us always carry around our card? I did this past trip only because it was our first stay as Members. The only ones to ask for the card was when we were buying Member exclusive pins. Any, sorry for the tangent! ;)

-Matt

Same with us. I always have my card and have never been ask to show it. The only way we knew that the folks next to us were not DVC was the fact that they were asking us about DVC and stated that they had booked a villa at OKW to "see what the big deal was". When they were leaving DH overheard the husband say "Well I guess all you have to do is stay at a DVC resort. You really don't have to buy in!" :sad2:

The quote says this: "The Disney Deluxe Villa Resorts category tops off a line-up of Disney Resorts for every taste and budget, including Disney Value Resorts, Disney Moderate Resorts and Disney Deluxe Resorts."

They are talking about all the categorizing all Disney resorts, not categorizing the different DVC resorts as Value, Moderate, and Deluxe. What I think they mean is that all Disney Resorts will be categorized as one of the following via CRO as this: Value, Moderate, Deluxe, Deluxe Villa.

-Matt

Yeah, this is what I took away from it as well.

Mike©;20341308 said:
Seems to me that we're all about to be shafted. It looks like Disney is trying to separate the concept of Villas from DVC to generate more cash bookings of Villas. What bothers me is that cash guests will be able to book rooms at my home resort before I can.

They will only be allowed to book the number of rooms they have in their own inventory that far in advance. That is the rooms held out and owned by Disney and the points values traded out for the Disney Collection, Cruise lines, Adventure Collection, etc. They probably would also book unused DVC inventory that is open at 60 days or something like that. This should not significantly affect member bookings at their home resort at 11 months. It seems to me that this change is just a way for them to indicate the availability of this inventory.

Unfortunately there is no way for anyone to know how much Inventory CRO has available to rent at any given resort or at any given time, which is going to make it increasingly Important to book at the 11 month window just in case.
Recently I wasn't able to book at my home resort at 9 1/2 months out, waiting till 7 months or less at some resorts will become next to impossibe.

Members will begin (if they're not already) to book up all the prime times at prime resorts, whether they intend to use them or not.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter