Disney Dining Plan

What does everyone think the chances are of the dinning plan coming back this year

here in the uk Disney is offering uk guests dining credits for 2022 trips. Makes me think it’s not coming back anytime soon ams could be credits instead. Hope I’m wrong

What does everyone think the chances are of the dinning plan coming back this year

here in the uk Disney is offering uk guests dining credits for 2022 trips. Makes me think it’s not coming back anytime soon ams could be credits instead. Hope I’m wrong

it can’t come back until dining is back to nornal. That’s a staffing issue. Wait until the restaurants are open and you’ll see dining quickly return.
Disney will bring it back. It’s a money maker for them.

I'm hoping that it'll be back sooner rather than later as we return to a more "normal" normal--surely it will be since they're gearing up for the 50th Anniversary?!

I can't wait for free dining to come back! We go in August when there has typically been free dining in the past. It saves us so much money because we are a group of 4 who stays at Pop Century. I really hope this comes back for out next trip (August 2022).

it can’t come back until dining is back to nornal. That’s a staffing issue. Wait until the restaurants are open and you’ll see dining quickly return.
Disney will bring it back. It’s a money maker for them.

Exactly this. Disney just does not have the restaurant capacity right now, and even then it needs lead time so people aren't locked out of places. I would be hopeful for DDP by the end of the year, but even that isn't a sure thing at this point.

There are many obstacles to the return of the Dining Plan at the moment. First, they don’t have all the restaurants open. That is due on large part to the lack of CMs. With the College Program starting up again and the rehiring of CMs, that should change soon, but it will take time. Second, the restaurants have to be at full capacity before they can really think of the DDP opening again. Third, some restaurants are likely still closed because of supply chain issues. This is yet another problem that needs to be resolved. Lastly, Disney would need to work out the contracts with restaurants not owned and operated by them. This is something that is renegotiated each year.

Honestly, I don’t expect it to be back until January 2022. That gives Disney a realistic target date to shoot for.

What do we think the cost inflation will be? Clearly its going to go up some percentage to try and earn back some of their losses from COVID. Maybe $80 per adult for DDP?

Maybe in 2022. Maybe. Right now Disney is slowly drudging back to normal and the DDP is not a high priority for them since their restaurants are booking up at lightening speed. No incentive for them to bring something back right now.

Maybe in 2022. Maybe. Right now Disney is slowly drudging back to normal and the DDP is not a high priority for them since their restaurants are booking up at lightening speed. No incentive for them to bring something back right now.
$$$ could be a big incentive, since most of the time it makes them money and costs them pretty much nothing. Restaurants would still book up. But I'd be ok with it never coming back, so doesn't matter to me.

I ran the numbers earlier and based on where and what we will be eating it will be nearly even for us to use the DPP versus paying out of pocket. So I guess if they bring it back then I will have to decide if I want the convenience of the DDP or just pay OoP. If they make it free during our stay then it is a no-brainer.

In the rummors thread they think it will be this year

DINING PLAN: Earliest date is August 15th (20% chance). The latest date is October 31st (95% chance). There also haven't really been any signs of this program returning. Date expected: October 1st.

The package are set for 2021. I agree 2022 is the earliest.

I agree. they have already set things for 2021. I think that if they offer the DDP that they will do so in 2022. They have to have time to get the marketing together for it so that it reflects the year 2022 on the brochures and stuff.

The dining plan served to fill empty restaurants. Disney doesn't currently need help filling restaurants.

Dining might resemble the UK plans, dining "credits" have a dollar value. Basically a dining gift card. You spend it as you like.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter