Disney Does (Historically) Listen - Be The Change

I agree with you that if it's important enough for anyone to let Walt know verbally, they should.
I'll just happily spend my money elsewhere, and Walt probably won't care, OR, they'll start to care after it's too late. My personal opinion is that execs these days care about short term gains to boost their payouts, because their long term lifestyle is already set in stone with the payouts they can get. There might not be any incentive to look to the future of the business, if your contract is structured to make you zillions of dollars NOW if you bleed the revenue stream correctly. There could be many other places that will provide a different experience that might be better and cheaper for our family, so it's time to happily explore them. The resorts and parks are still crowded, Walt won't miss us. We'll be just fine, and maybe even better off. We've had great vacations at Wallytown, and I hope they can one day continue the same level of fun for families in the future, but right now, it's just a shell of what it once was, and it costs more. If more of the attractions that we like return, and the prices are right, we'll definitely go back, but for the time being, we're happy to use our dollars elsewhere for a better experience.

(My personal opinion is that execs these days care about short term gains to boost their payouts, because their long term lifestyle is already set in stone with the payouts they can get.) This is very true of almost any corporation. Everything is done short term because, as you say, this is how they receive their generational wealth bonuses. They will be gone before their short term decisions come to fruition and is the reason why so many US companies are falling behind.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter