Disney Dollar?

Pixie Power!

DIS Veteran
Can someone please tell me if you can use Disney dollars to pay for meals at resturants in Disney? or are they just for tickets and gifts etc.

Thanks

Emam

Disney Dollars are for ANYTHING on Disney property, hotels, meals, parking, you name it! I'll be picking some up myself this week! :D :cool:

Thanks Lisa, its a great way of saving isnt it!

Ive read on one of the other boards that some new designs have come out, if here in the Uk i can only get the old design ones will they still be valid as im not going until December

Thanks

Emma

Like 'regular' cash, there are no expiration dates. I still have some from the 2000 celebration but I think I'm going to save them, since the images are different and they are just so darn pretty!

I just get (freakishly) excited about Disney Dollars! :D :D :D :D

What are Disney Dollars? Where do you get them, and do they spend just like

cash? Whats the money exchange for them?

Thanks!

Anny:D

Love those Disney Dollars! Gave my DH some for Valentine's Day. I think it was his favorite gift!:D

You can exchange your 'normal' dollars into Disney dollars at any Disney store or at the Main st post office (someone please correct me if im wrong) and then its more fun shopping with them around WDW.

I really appreciated this site. We just got our Disney Dollars from the Disney Store. The kids love them! They are really cute. Nice and clean.

I get disney dollars every week ($20.00) and put them aside. By the time I go in June, I will have about $500.00 in dd and that is like half my meals.. already paid for.. Great way to save for a trip. Also, you can cash them in if you need to at the Disney Store for regular cash...

I just picked up some Disney Dolars tonight and there was a 10 dollar bill commemorating the 100 Year celebration and it was so cute I don't want to spend it! :eek: My DH thinks I'm crazy.:)

Originally posted by ChiTownZee
Like 'regular' cash, there are no expiration dates. I still have some from the 2000 celebration but I think I'm going to save them, since the images are different and they are just so darn pretty!

Which is probably exactly what Disney wants people to do...heck, they're literally printing their own money and selling it! :)

Just an observation...while buying disney dollars is a good way to force yourself to not spend the money, it isn't necessarily the best fiscally. You're basically giving Disney an interest free loan until you spend them. My point would be stronger if we were earning decent interest rates these days, but putting the money away in any type of interest bearing account would be a better return.

Strictly financially speaking... :)

-Joe
who probably has 30-40 Disney dollars somewhere...

Originally posted by matjef9091
Also, you can cash them in if you need to at the Disney Store for regular cash...

Make sure you save your receipt. You will not be able to cash them in without it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter