Angie and I after Palo at the meet
100_6300.jpg

Martini tasting
100_6396.jpg

Josie and Riley
100_6281.jpg

I will upload more too FB later..
Enjoy!

hi all! I JUST got back yesterday. As soon as I got home I turned around the next morning and flew out to CA on a business trip. So let's just say I am officially wiped out!

It was so nice to meet some of you at the first day meet and greet, and seeing some of you here and there on the ship. I hope yall had a great time like we did. FE was so fun, but exhausting on the bigger ship ha! We had so much fun on castaway, my husband an I played beach volleyball both days. If you were walking by pelican point tram stop on either afternoon and saw people playing volleyball, that was us!

I clicked the request to join FB group button but it didn't give me an option to put my DIS name in.

we rode aquaduck once, on nassau day (we stayed on the boat) it was fun! We went to serenity bay on both CC days. Loved getting to see Pirates 4, the believe show was cute, dinners were great, enchanted garden is so cute! The ship was fab but I felt like there were too many people on it for my liking. anyone else feel this way?

I just started posting about my trip on my blog, I will do a little each day so check it out!

DSC_0249.jpg

We also just got back yesterday :goodvibes

I sent in the Friend request on FB, but I clicked on the link and didn't have a chance to mention I'm Flechette on the Dis Boards :rotfl:

We had a good time on the cruise, but not magical. After the Wonder we couldn't wait to do another cruise; this time we were both kinda "ehh"

As 2 adults with no children, and this being our 2nd cruise, we were truly surprised by the lack of enforcment of rules ie kids in Serenity bay and the adult pool section. The lack of information at guest services - or in our case the completely wrong information being given out at guest services... I do realize this was the first 5 day cruise on the dream... but you'd have thought it was the first 5 day cruise ever:confused:

seriously - you are going to stand there and tell me semi-formal night and pirate night are on the same evening :eek: :headache: and believe it? then you are going to swear to me that the Navigator is wrong and tonight, Monday night, is semi formal night? <le sigh>

our servers were great, our room host Kerri kicked serious butt in animal towel folding, the decor was beautiful... and the boat was so crowded as we found it hard to relax :sad1:

The spa rocked, serenity bay was nice, but not quite as relaxing with the kids running around and some extreme drunken cougar ladies deciding the whole beach needed to hear about their explotes;) <le sigh #2>

Overall the good outweighed the bad, but we're just not likely to book Disney for our next cruise...

Stevie was very excited too get all his DCL treasures.....He looked great!! What a cutie!
100_6574.jpg

He sat right down and started diggin in!;)
100_6572.jpg

They were also very sweet and gave Josie and I a nice thank you card and a gift card for I -tunes....Thank you guys so much!!:goodvibes That was not neccesary..

Here is a pic of Stevie with Mom and Dad.
100_6573.jpg

I was so glad I could help.......:cloud9:

Just wanted too share with you all how excited Stevie was too get his FE items..

We had a fantastic time on the cruise, wish we could still be on it. We got home Sunday evening after a day and a half at Vero Beach, and as expected, our hectic schedule resumed. Its Friday, and I just now have a few minutes to post.

The highlights were too many to cite, but we were totally blown away by the generosity, care, and creativity in the FE gifts that we received. I'm not a good enough writer to truly convey how blown away we were! Our girls were always excited to see what was waiting for us each time we returned to our room, and it was pretty much every time! We received these FE gifts even though we had backed out of the exchange 2-3 weeks before the cruise. Thank you very much to everyone who left us something. :hug:

Unfortunately, we only got to see a few of you. We missed the first day meet & greet because we were at the DVC event, which lasted longer than we anticipated. We enjoyed our meals, including dinner and brunch at Palos. Crush was great with us in Animators. We loved all of the shows. Unlike our last cruise 3 years ago, both our girls loved the clubs this time around.

We're doing WDW next fall (Sept '12), and then we're preliminarily planning doing the Wonder California coast 7-day cruise in Sept '13, although not set in stone; we need to ponder further. Our current thinking is to do something different and this would be a good way for our girls to see some of the great CA cities (San Francisco & San Diego); but no Castaway Cay:confused3.

The photos from our camera are on Flickr at:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/18598131@N06/sets/72157626894094710/

We still need to get the waterproof disposable camera developed. Thanks again to everyone.

- Eddie

hi all! I JUST got back yesterday. As soon as I got home I turned around the next morning and flew out to CA on a business trip. So let's just say I am officially wiped out!

It was so nice to meet some of you at the first day meet and greet, and seeing some of you here and there on the ship. I hope yall had a great time like we did. FE was so fun, but exhausting on the bigger ship ha! We had so much fun on castaway, my husband an I played beach volleyball both days. If you were walking by pelican point tram stop on either afternoon and saw people playing volleyball, that was us!

I clicked the request to join FB group button but it didn't give me an option to put my DIS name in.

we rode aquaduck once, on nassau day (we stayed on the boat) it was fun! We went to serenity bay on both CC days. Loved getting to see Pirates 4, the believe show was cute, dinners were great, enchanted garden is so cute! The ship was fab but I felt like there were too many people on it for my liking. anyone else feel this way?

I just started posting about my trip on my blog, I will do a little each day so check it out!

DSC_0249.jpg

As I think I had indicated to you guys while moving in the debarkation line, I totally agree with your comment regarding the ship and the amount of people.

BTW, I loved the total look of confusion on Bobby's face when I asked him if he had any salad incidents on this cruise. It screamed, "Who is this strange dude asking me this obscure question?" Once I indicated your trip report from last year (a must read if anyone isn't familiar), then it all became clear to him.

I sent in the Friend request on FB, but I clicked on the link and didn't have a chance to mention I'm Flechette on the Dis Boards :rotfl:

We had a good time on the cruise, but not magical. After the Wonder we couldn't wait to do another cruise; this time we were both kinda "ehh"

As 2 adults with no children, and this being our 2nd cruise, we were truly surprised by the lack of enforcment of rules ie kids in Serenity bay and the adult pool section. The lack of information at guest services - or in our case the completely wrong information being given out at guest services... I do realize this was the first 5 day cruise on the dream... but you'd have thought it was the first 5 day cruise ever:confused:

seriously - you are going to stand there and tell me semi-formal night and pirate night are on the same evening :eek: :headache: and believe it? then you are going to swear to me that the Navigator is wrong and tonight, Monday night, is semi formal night? <le sigh>

our servers were great, our room host Kerri kicked serious butt in animal towel folding, the decor was beautiful... and the boat was so crowded as we found it hard to relax :sad1:

The spa rocked, serenity bay was nice, but not quite as relaxing with the kids running around and some extreme drunken cougar ladies deciding the whole beach needed to hear about their explotes;) <le sigh #2>

Overall the good outweighed the bad, but we're just not likely to book Disney for our next cruise...

ITA! as two adults with no kids we found some of the same problems. A guy with a 2 year old hanging out at the adult pool one day...VERY annoying!

The giant group of Teenagers getting drunk at serenity bay. OMG I about went over the edge with that one...the first day they came and sat RIGHT NEXT TO US. My parents were so stressed out they went back to the boat which infuriated me they were forcing people to leave with their antics. The mom was buying buckets of beer for these kids...it was so frustrating and not a great experience on "serenity" bay that day.

we too found the ship overcrowded and prefer the smaller size of the magic and wonder. the ship was gorgeous though! Nas was our stateroom host and he was awesome.

Our dining team were two sweet sweet girls, they tried SO hard but were not very good but we loved them anyway. the main server it was her first time EVER to be main server, so that was interesting.

We didn't experience any problems with the kids. Good thing, because i have no problem confronting the adults or asking for the hotel director if the staff doesn't address the problem. There is an entire ship geared towards kids, a little space for the adults shouldn't be that difficult. Don't get me wrong, I love kids, but rules are rules. What would Disney do if the adults started showing up at the teen space and want to use the area...

I think DCL missed the boat on the adult pool and where it is located. The constant parade of people through the adult area I felt distracting. Couldn't quite get relaxed, too much commotion for me.

I too thought the ship was beautiful, but didn't get the same feeling I do on the Magic. We had an aft cabin and I felt it was inappropriate to have to walk through cabanas to get to the pool area. It is a health concern too. They could have done a better job with that.

Our main server Zoe was wonderful. She was the splitting image of Lindsay Lohan from the parent trap and the accent to go with it. Our assistant server Robert was brand new and his English was really bad. Just couldn't get it together. Our first night of dinner we were the last ones to leave the restaurant because everything was so slow. I know it wasn't just us, our table mates were not that happy either.

I ended up not even having an entree at royal Palace. I order the beef medium and it came so well done you could bounce it off the plate. Sent it back and the next one was just as well done. The third one came back so rare I thought it mooed at me. The soufle was pretty bad too. Funny thing, I felt the food in Cabanas was exceptional. The beef wellington they had for lunch was probably my favorite of the trip.

I do have to say that dinner at palo was exceptional, the food was so good I could have had seconds.

I didn't have a horrible time, but I like the intimacy of the Magic better. Just didn't blow me away. Happy I got to experience the new ship. I thought the artwork was remarkable. I am a huge Disney fan so it's not easy for me to criticize them, but they really did a poor job in ship layout and adult activities other than the bars. One champagne tasting for 10 people out of a ship of 1500+ adults. What were they thinking.

We did book the Fantasy for next December. We are staying in the parks the first week of December for the Holiday decorations and wanted to extend the trip to see the ship decorated.

I have to confess that we took our boys through the quiet cove area, only because we got on the forward elevator trying to get up to the pool deck and somehow we ended up coming out right by the adult pool. We kept the boys quiet and got out as fast as we could. Also, to get to the family deck and the front of the ship there was no other way than by going up the steps in the adult area. Not a great layout by any means.

I have to confess that we took our boys through the quiet cove area, only because we got on the forward elevator trying to get up to the pool deck and somehow we ended up coming out right by the adult pool. We kept the boys quiet and got out as fast as we could. Also, to get to the family deck and the front of the ship there was no other way than by going up the steps in the adult area. Not a great layout by any means.

No fault of yours, I agree poor layout.

We didn't experience any problems with the kids. Good thing, because i have no problem confronting the adults or asking for the hotel director if the staff doesn't address the problem. There is an entire ship geared towards kids, a little space for the adults shouldn't be that difficult. Don't get me wrong, I love kids, but rules are rules. What would Disney do if the adults started showing up at the teen space and want to use the area...

I think DCL missed the boat on the adult pool and where it is located. The constant parade of people through the adult area I felt distracting. Couldn't quite get relaxed, too much commotion for me.

I too thought the ship was beautiful, but didn't get the same feeling I do on the Magic. We had an aft cabin and I felt it was inappropriate to have to walk through cabanas to get to the pool area. It is a health concern too. They could have done a better job with that.

Our main server Zoe was wonderful. She was the splitting image of Lindsay Lohan from the parent trap and the accent to go with it. Our assistant server Robert was brand new and his English was really bad. Just couldn't get it together. Our first night of dinner we were the last ones to leave the restaurant because everything was so slow. I know it wasn't just us, our table mates were not that happy either.

I ended up not even having an entree at royal Palace. I order the beef medium and it came so well done you could bounce it off the plate. Sent it back and the next one was just as well done. The third one came back so rare I thought it mooed at me. The soufle was pretty bad too. Funny thing, I felt the food in Cabanas was exceptional. The beef wellington they had for lunch was probably my favorite of the trip.

I do have to say that dinner at palo was exceptional, the food was so good I could have had seconds.

I didn't have a horrible time, but I like the intimacy of the Magic better. Just didn't blow me away. Happy I got to experience the new ship. I thought the artwork was remarkable. I am a huge Disney fan so it's not easy for me to criticize them, but they really did a poor job in ship layout and adult activities other than the bars. One champagne tasting for 10 people out of a ship of 1500+ adults. What were they thinking.

We did book the Fantasy for next December. We are staying in the parks the first week of December for the Holiday decorations and wanted to extend the trip to see the ship decorated.

Wow, I could have written some of what you said! The adult pool area and having to walk thru Cabanas to get to the pools/drink station etc seemed odd to me. I was bummed that I couldn't get into the champagne tasting-again what were they thinking 10 people!!! only oferred once!!!:confused3

ITA! as two adults with no kids we found some of the same problems. A guy with a 2 year old hanging out at the adult pool one day...VERY annoying!

The giant group of Teenagers getting drunk at serenity bay. OMG I about went over the edge with that one...the first day they came and sat RIGHT NEXT TO US. My parents were so stressed out they went back to the boat which infuriated me they were forcing people to leave with their antics. The mom was buying buckets of beer for these kids...it was so frustrating and not a great experience on "serenity" bay that day.

we too found the ship overcrowded and prefer the smaller size of the magic and wonder. the ship was gorgeous though! Nas was our stateroom host and he was awesome.

Our dining team were two sweet sweet girls, they tried SO hard but were not very good but we loved them anyway. the main server it was her first time EVER to be main server, so that was interesting.

Again, wow!! I spent both days at Serenity Bay and didn't see any kids. On the 2nd stopped there was a group of 4 girls, maybe 18ish?? walked by but I didn't see or hear anything like you guys had.

Our servers were great! I wish the Cabanas "line" would have moved as most people stood in line all the way when it was almost the same items at the "pods". I heard CM tell people that it's not one line, but I think if they set it up a little more like Boma or more space between sections it would have flowed better.

Over, we had a great time, loved the ship but it was large. and we did book it again. Maybe it's still new.....

We were not blown away by the ship. We were standing in line to rebook and talking to a lady, telling her how our past experiences on the Wonder (4 cruises) had been so much better. Really made me question why I was rebooking. We rebooked the Fantasy for Dec 2012, but will change the date.

My kids were not excited about the kids club. When I picked them up, my daughter was watching tv, except once - she was in Andy's room. her 2nd night in the club (First night was only there about an hour), when I picked her up, she told me she had to potty and there was not one in the club. She also told me she wanted to go to the lab and didn't know how to get there - she had been in the lab the previous night. She is 6, so I pointed out CMs with yellow shirts and told her to go to them if she has any issues. Told her, of course there is a bathroom and we asked someone. But I was concerned with her not feeling she could ask someone about a bathroom or about activities. She is not my shy child.

The Wonder had so many more scheduled activities, in my opinion. While, this one had a lot more computers and better themed rooms, it was not as full of activities.

We also liked Pirate night on The Wonder better.

We ate at Remy and while I am glad we had the experience, we spent $200 (did not go with the wine pairing, but dh did order 1 glass of wine) and I am not sure it was worth it. We have eaten at V&A's, spent more and thought it was worth every penny. Def V&A is better.

I was talking to one of the officers who said they were trying to address some of the issues with the adult area on the fantasy. I still want to see the fantasy next year so we will probably keep that reservation unless I start reading a lot of complaints.

The "NO Line" at Cabanas did not work well at all. The stations still gave the appearance of a line. NCL pride of America got it right. The stations were round and spread out. So it was very obvious you just walked right up. Not sure if other lines have tried the same concept.

Here's one of my favorites ... my mom w/ the kids & Daisy on Castaway Cay:

1860081.jpg

So fun!

1870134.jpg

Carson clowning around w/ Chip & Dale:

DSCF0042.jpg

Caroline :love: Lilo:

1870402.jpg

Incredible!

1900068.jpg

We had a blast on this cruise - rebooked a Western on the Fantasy for the week after Thanksgiving, 2012.

Hello All:

We just got in tonight, what a long drive! We had a blast, and our kids were shocked with amazement and didn't find out about the cruise until our check in at port canveral Country inn....:) They had so much fun with the FE and delivering gifts, and wow is all I can say about the great gifts we received....I wish I could be so creative. They loved checking for new things, and I think it was great how things were spaced out so well so that there was always something in there. I can't thank all of the FE members enough, wonderful gifts.

We want to go cruise again, I really want the Fantaasy, but due to the long lines and only 2 reps on the ship I ended up just picking a dream date which I am NOT happy about. When we got off of the ship I emailed my ta from Mouse Fan TRavel, received a simple reply and then nothing for a week....in the end I find out that she will no longer oversee our vacation. I have no idea whats up, we have used her for the last 5 years, so needless to say my thoughts of this company are poor. Please help me, I know that I can make any changes on the ressie but how do I do this and still get my discount for booking onboard. Is there a good TA out there.....I am open. WE as a family have decided that we would rather take a cruise and be gone a shorter amount of time then to go to WDW, welll at least yearly. After being on the cruise WDW was blah, and our resort Riverside was not good. I can't say anything good about it, and we will not go back. We stayed in a Holiday Inn that was so much nicer on the way home. Well I will quit rambling, and ideas....thanks in advance for the help.

Hello All:

We just got in tonight, what a long drive! We had a blast, and our kids were shocked with amazement and didn't find out about the cruise until our check in at port canveral Country inn....:) They had so much fun with the FE and delivering gifts, and wow is all I can say about the great gifts we received....I wish I could be so creative. They loved checking for new things, and I think it was great how things were spaced out so well so that there was always something in there. I can't thank all of the FE members enough, wonderful gifts.

We want to go cruise again, I really want the Fantaasy, but due to the long lines and only 2 reps on the ship I ended up just picking a dream date which I am NOT happy about. When we got off of the ship I emailed my ta from Mouse Fan TRavel, received a simple reply and then nothing for a week....in the end I find out that she will no longer oversee our vacation. I have no idea whats up, we have used her for the last 5 years, so needless to say my thoughts of this company are poor. Please help me, I know that I can make any changes on the ressie but how do I do this and still get my discount for booking onboard. Is there a good TA out there.....I am open. WE as a family have decided that we would rather take a cruise and be gone a shorter amount of time then to go to WDW, welll at least yearly. After being on the cruise WDW was blah, and our resort Riverside was not good. I can't say anything good about it, and we will not go back. We stayed in a Holiday Inn that was so much nicer on the way home. Well I will quit rambling, and ideas....thanks in advance for the help.

When you decide on a real date, just call DCL and change the reservation date. You will keep your 10% and onboard credit. There may be a change in deposit amount if the cost of the new date is higher. A TA can do it for you too.

Angie on our cruise is a TA. You can get in touch with her. She is a wonderful person and I would trust her with the reservation. She is ABCangie87.

Hello All:

We have always used Dreams Unlimited Travel as our TA and we love them! Very easy to find...they are the sponsors of the DIS boards. Just go to the top of this webpage and click on the Dreams Unlimited graphic and it will take you to their site.

They helped me with a booking we tried to make on this cruise as well. I tried standing in the long line on board to ask a question about the cruise we were trying to book, they told us they would just email us the information when we got back -- of course DCL never contacted us! The team at Dreams Unlimited took care of everything immediately and helped book the reservation with no problems. They also offer their own onboard credit in addition to the one offered by DCL.

We have our own stories to tell about our experience on the Dream as well. This was our 4th cruise so we had a few experiences on the Magic and Wonder to compare this to. The Dream is beautiful, and many of the design elements are amazing, but overall we were disappointed with the crowds, noise and crew (their lack of training).

The fill in the bubble survey they give at the end of the cruise really does not give a way to convey anything constructive so I sent an email directly to DCL telling them about our experience and observations. I did receive an email back with some responses to my specific concerns and the following statement: "The thoughts of our guests are very important to us in our efforts to provide outstanding guest service. Please be assured that your each of your concerns has been taken seriously and shared with the appropriate managers."

I think they do know about some of the issues, but it never hurts for us to tell them directly about our experiences so they can continue to make improvements. We live in Orlando and spend many, many days each year at WDW and anytime we've had a "less than Disney experience" I have emailed them -- several times I have received calls back to address the issues because I think they really do want to hear the feedback.

If you want to email them the form is on the DCL website under the contact us link at the bottom of the home page. https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/contact-us/

Don't get me wrong...we had a wonderful time since we took our own party with us of family and friends. We were glad we had an opportunity to experience the new ship and we have 2 more cruises booked...but one is on the Wonder and one is on the Magic. I think we will stick with those for the next couple of years!

We have our own stories to tell about our experience on the Dream as well. This was our 4th cruise so we had a few experiences on the Magic and Wonder to compare this to. The Dream is beautiful, and many of the design elements are amazing, but overall we were disappointed with the crowds, noise and crew (their lack of training).

The fill in the bubble survey they give at the end of the cruise really does not give a way to convey anything constructive so I sent an email directly to DCL telling them about our experience and observations. I did receive an email back with some responses to my specific concerns and the following statement: "The thoughts of our guests are very important to us in our efforts to provide outstanding guest service. Please be assured that your each of your concerns has been taken seriously and shared with the appropriate managers."

I think they do know about some of the issues, but it never hurts for us to tell them directly about our experiences so they can continue to make improvements. We live in Orlando and spend many, many days each year at WDW and anytime we've had a "less than Disney experience" I have emailed them -- several times I have received calls back to address the issues because I think they really do want to hear the feedback.

If you want to email them the form is on the DCL website under the contact us link at the bottom of the home page. https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/contact-us/

Don't get me wrong...we had a wonderful time since we took our own party with us of family and friends. We were glad we had an opportunity to experience the new ship and we have 2 more cruises booked...but one is on the Wonder and one is on the Magic. I think we will stick with those for the next couple of years!

I agree about contacting them with our concerns. Mine is going out this weekend. I think the majority of un-wowed cruisers are past Disney cruisers who have the magic and wonder to compare it to. We had a great time too but will not be rushing back to the Dream. I hope they learn from their mistakes and fix it on the Fantasy.

Having sailed on the Wonder twice, I sort of agree with some of your observations/comments.

I too thought it was awkward to have the aft elevators in the middle of Cabanas and have to walk through to the pools. However, I thought Cabanas itself was better than Beach Blanket Buffet. The self-service ice cream was better too and had more choices.

As for the adult pool, I'd have been happy if they took the Wonder's adult pool and plopped it on the Dream. I like its arrangement more and I really like the two small waterfalls coming from the whirlpools. I didn't notice a problem with kids in the area, but obviously I would think they would want to go up to the front of the ship and you pretty much have to pass the adult pool to do that.

There were a few things from the Wonder that I expected on the Dream that weren't there. I missed seeing ourselves on the big screen during Sailaway, taking home the pirate night menus, doing the limbo with the servers on pirate night, waving our napkins with the servers on the final night. Is there anything you missed that I left out?

However, I thought the details and craftmanship were better than the Wonder. I also thought the fireworks were better on the Dream.

I can't stress enough about writing to WDW or DCL after returning from a trip. I always do this, and I think I'm pretty honest in terms of telling them what I like and didn't like. In fact, I'm writing and re-writing my DCL right now.

I re-booked the Dream for a year from now, but I just wanted to secure the discount and onboard credit.

Robert

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter