Disney Dream categories

Carrie Cox

Earning My Ears
Hi there, Disney friends,
My daughter and I are going on our first Disney Cruise over spring break 2020. Our cabin number is 9574. Says it’s a category 4A. Any information from Disney cruisers about this category?

It is the top stateroom category, outside of Concierge. It is the largest possible room you can have, and it is considered midship, which is what most guests prefer. Your specific cabin is near the midship elevators/stairs, giving you quick access to the rest of the ship. It is between two stateroom decks, so you should have little noise from the other decks. It is pretty much the most desired stateroom for most guests.

DH and I were upgraded once from a 5A to a 4A on the Magic. Since it was just the two of us, we actually found it to be much larger than we needed so have continued to book category 5. Rooms on the Dream are a little smaller than those on the Magic but it will still be a good-sized room. If it's just the two of you, you'll have lots of space to spread out and mid-ship is a good place to start on a first cruise. We used to cruise mid-ship all of the time but now prefer aft a bit more especially on the Dream class ships since it tends to be closer to some of the places we spend most of our time. Since you won't know yet where you'll want spend most of your time given that it's on a first cruise, it's a good opportunity to figure that out while being relatively central to everything.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter