Disney Dream-what kind of stateroom?

smilie

I've been unwonked!
I am not new to cruising, just new to Disney Cruise. I am looking up cruises for next year and there isn't a huge difference in pricing between the staterooms. I am wondering if there are certain types of staterooms you prefer and why? I understand the balconies and ocean view differences, but are there certain types within these groups that you would recommend?

We are booked in 8A ocean view staterooms next year. On deck 5, these have a mini suite arrangement. On deck 6, they have a HUGE open layout. We are doing deck 5. I think this will be really nice so my daughter has her own area and I have mine.

Here’s a blog post with photos of the deck 5 cabins.
http://www.disneycruisemomblog.com/disney-dream-room-5520/
If you decide you want a verandah, the aft Verandahs are oversized. Or, if you want outdoor space but want to save money, try a 7a. They are slightly obstructed and therefore save you some money.

to be honest with you - we save all our money for everywhere else we can spend it except the cabin - other then sleep and change clothing, the wife and I, are never in the room - why take a mid-day nap in the room when there are awesome deck chairs in quiet areas -- IMHO, go cheap on the room and spend your money on private excursions at your ports of call ( we used a private company while visiting 3 ports in Italy - best vacation ever)

I'm a huge fan of the extended verandahs on Deck 5. Granted, they're a ways below Cabanas and the pools... but, it's nice after the shows (if you go) to only have to walk up a couple flights of stairs to get back to your room. Or one flight if you're in The District. :)

I am not new to cruising, just new to Disney Cruise. I am looking up cruises for next year and there isn't a huge difference in pricing between the staterooms. I am wondering if there are certain types of staterooms you prefer and why? I understand the balconies and ocean view differences, but are there certain types within these groups that you would recommend?
We've sailed inside, oceanview & verandah, and our favorite stateroom type is a family oceanview, with the huge porthole, a spacious room, and the bathrooms have the round tub & rainfall shower. My son loved sleeping on the pull down bed right in front of the big window.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter