DISNEY DREAMING! A Nov/Dec 2010 PTR *12/9 ~ Hello Again!

Those all look delicious!!!

I'm glad you are confronting your fear of robotic rodents.... :lmao:

I definitely want to try Sunshine Seasons as well - it always smells so good when you walk into The Land.

Great character pics!!:thumbsup2 Your kids have grown so much! The picture with Stitch is adorable!! I definitely understand your love for Ohana's! I was hoping we would make it back the last two trips but didn't...I just couldn't make it work.:sad2: But, it's on the very top of our list for next trip!

Your ADR choices are great! A few of our very favorites ;) and some great ones to try..especially Boma! I love the AKL and as you know we loved breakfast. I can't wait to find out what you think of dinner!:thumbsup2

I love the idea of keeping it a secret too! How fun!:)

OOOH since you guys had so much fun with the scavenger hunt maybe you can do some sort of game with the ADRs LOL!!!!

They look wonderful by the way and no you can't make ressies at Beaches and Cream, just have to walk up! I would love to eat there someday...well I really want the No Way Jose!!!

Hi! I am jumping aboard! We have nearly the same dates and I am currently trying to figure out ADRs too! I had had them all planned out and we totally changed trip so I had to start over. I wish the Dec park hours would come out already.

Your family is adorable and I am looking forward to reading more!

Wow all those character breakfasts sound great. We are limited on which ones we can do. We can only do buffets because we are vegetarian and ds6 is the most picky eater on the planet. was 1900 Park Fare a buffet? I didn't think it was. I can't wait to hear about Donalds Safari I'm afraid River won't like anything.

Keep in mind you need to check Columbia Harbour House's hours the day you want to eat there they usually close earlier then everything else. When we were there they closed at 5:00pm I think. We love it there nothing fancy but different then the other counter service. Get a table upstairs over the bridge its a great place to people watch or a table facing the Haunted Mansion.

Wow all those character breakfasts sound great. We are limited on which ones we can do. We can only do buffets because we are vegetarian and ds6 is the most picky eater on the planet. was 1900 Park Fare a buffet? I didn't think it was. I can't wait to hear about Donalds Safari I'm afraid River won't like anything.

Keep in mind you need to check Columbia Harbour House's hours the day you want to eat there they usually close earlier then everything else. When we were there they closed at 5:00pm I think. We love it there nothing fancy but different then the other counter service. Get a table upstairs over the bridge its a great place to people watch or a table facing the Haunted Mansion.

1900 Park Fare is a buffet - and a fantastic one at that!

I love the chilled strawberry soup. :)

Aww, cute pictures of all the character meals! I remember going to a couple of those when my sisters and I were really little. One of them was actually on the Crabhouse boat at DTD (don't know if the name was the same then or what) and then we did the one at the Poly too. We even got a little button that said "I had breakfast with Minnie." Good times.

You know we aren't big on ADRs but it looks like you got some great places!

Oh, I want a button that says I had breakfast with Minnie! :laughing:

I think that is a great variety of ADRs!!

I believe Beaches N' Cream is a walk up and you can't make an ADR for it.

It's a great idea on keeping them a secret from the family, it will make fun for them to try and guess!

Oh good, that'll make it easier to get to the Beach Club. Hmmm, maybe I should make that as an evening treat after Kouzzina instead of a lunch. :idea:

If I can keep the secret, I'll have to be super sneaky and only show Ariana. I totally forgot I make a picture itinerary for her!

Those all look delicious!!!

I'm glad you are confronting your fear of robotic rodents.... :lmao:

I definitely want to try Sunshine Seasons as well - it always smells so good when you walk into The Land.

:lmao: I almost spit my coffee all over my screen! Isn't it silly it freaks me out? Am I the only one.... ? :blush:

Great character pics!!:thumbsup2 Your kids have grown so much! The picture with Stitch is adorable!! I definitely understand your love for Ohana's! I was hoping we would make it back the last two trips but didn't...I just couldn't make it work.:sad2: But, it's on the very top of our list for next trip!

Your ADR choices are great! A few of our very favorites ;) and some great ones to try..especially Boma! I love the AKL and as you know we loved breakfast. I can't wait to find out what you think of dinner!:thumbsup2

I love the idea of keeping it a secret too! How fun!:)

I love that I have pictures of the kids growing up with Disney. :goodvibes We might have another addition to our pictures this year (.... no, its not what you're thinking! :rotfl:) More on that in a minute.

OOOH since you guys had so much fun with the scavenger hunt maybe you can do some sort of game with the ADRs LOL!!!!

They look wonderful by the way and no you can't make ressies at Beaches and Cream, just have to walk up! I would love to eat there someday...well I really want the No Way Jose!!!

:lmao: Ok, second coffee-spitting moment! I had visions of hunting around the resort for ADR clues! Hmmmmm......

Oooo, what's a No Way Jose?

Hi! I am jumping aboard! We have nearly the same dates and I am currently trying to figure out ADRs too! I had had them all planned out and we totally changed trip so I had to start over. I wish the Dec park hours would come out already.

Your family is adorable and I am looking forward to reading more!

Hi there and :welcome: to my PTR! Oh, I'm going to hop over to your PTR too, how great we have almost the same dates! I know, this waiting game is driving me nuts. Everything coming all at once makes me think I'm going to miss something. :scared:

1900 Park Fare is a buffet - and a fantastic one at that!

I love the chilled strawberry soup. :)

Ok now I'm thinking I need to add an adr!:woohoo:

Yes! 1900 Park Fare is a buffet. I seem to remember there being more to choose from during our second time there. I haven't tried the chilled strawberry soup... not sure why? Guess they won't have it for breakfast eh?

Buffet's are definately great for variety and for picky eaters! I'm curious what Tusker House has too. My family aren't hearty breakfast eaters though, and my boys will try just about anything so they'll be OK. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the heads up on the CHH hours! I'd heard the tip about eating upstairs :thumbsup2 and I love people watching!

Ok, I have time for a quick update before I'm off to watch Lost!!!!

Alex just told me something that may have thrown a wrench into my entire plans! In a good way, but still! :worried: Everything might need to be changed!

My very grown up, almost 15 year old son now has a girlfriend. She's a very mature and very nice almost 15 year old and they're very smitten with one another. (Did I just say "smitten" ?)

So, remember how Alex's friend was going to come on the trip and then had to back out? Well, I remarked one day during dinner how nice it would be if she could come with us. Alex dismissed it almost immediately, her family was going thru a bit of a financial re-structuring and a WDW trip wasn't really something they could pull off.

Fast forward to this evening, and Alex reminds me of my suggestion. Seems he spoke to her about it and she talked to her family. Her parents think it's a great idea and that it's probably something they could do.

:scared1::scared1:

That means no more Port Orleans Riverside. :sad2:
No carriage ride on our arrival day. :sad2:
No boat rides to Downtown Disney. :sad2:

It means all our ADRs will now be for six people, and don't they automatically put a gratuity on tables of six or more? Pros and cons for that.....

It means we'll now have to price out accomodations for six people, and likely we're back to the Pop with two rooms. Pros and cons for that....

It means with the Southwest flights coming out in a matter of days, she'll have to tell me right now if she's coming, 100%.

It means they think their relationship is going to last at least another six months. :rotfl:

Yay that she can come and they get to spend quality time with one another ... (she lives out of town so right now they only spend two days out of the month together) :yay: but........

:scared1::scared1: Just when I thought I had everything under control. :laughing:

A No Way Jose is a peanut butter and chocolate sundae of amazing goodness or so speaks the picture to me when I see it! Next time I am anywhere near the Beach Club I'm going to get me one of those bad boys! It will be mine LOL!

Edit...after the update! WOW this is quite the change!! You do have a lot of pros and cons to go through but like you said its all doable and no matter what you are going to Disney during a very magical time and your whole family will be together!!!!

I still vote for a really cute ADR game I'll have to brainstorm some ideas during finals time LOL!!!!!

Oh jeez! That is a definite change right there.

How long have they been going out? You seem comfortable with the idea, which is a great thing for a mom to be, especially since you even brought it up first, but you definitely want to make sure that they'll still be together 6 months from now, otherwise that's a huge financial investment that she/they lose.

Ack though, that's so much that has to be planned in a matter of weeks! Days, even, for Southwest. When is she going to let you know for certain?

Our dates are basically the same and I am totally in the same boat with several of you...waiting for December park hours...waiting for TGM's Least Crowded park info...waiting for my ADR window...waiting for Southwest to release flights...wondering (hoping, praying, dreaming) if FD will be extended again this year...

I just want to plan, plan, plan, but I'm such a rookie, I need all of that other information to help me out. Can't wait to read more of your PTR and get some ideas for myself too!

We will be at POP from Nov. 27-Dec. 4. This will be our first trip as a family...DH and I have both been with our families, but that has been over 20 years ago for both of us...I imagine things may be a bit different! :rotfl:

A No Way Jose is a peanut butter and chocolate sundae of amazing goodness or so speaks the picture to me when I see it! Next time I am anywhere near the Beach Club I'm going to get me one of those bad boys! It will be mine LOL!

Edit...after the update! WOW this is quite the change!! You do have a lot of pros and cons to go through but like you said its all doable and no matter what you are going to Disney during a very magical time and your whole family will be together!!!!

I still vote for a really cute ADR game I'll have to brainstorm some ideas during finals time LOL!!!!!

Oh yummmm. I'm googling that momentarily, I must see that.

I may have to hold onto my POR plans until our return in 2012, but if it works out and she gets to come with us, I'm good with that. Alex will be very happy. :hug:

Oh jeez! That is a definite change right there.

How long have they been going out? You seem comfortable with the idea, which is a great thing for a mom to be, especially since you even brought it up first, but you definitely want to make sure that they'll still be together 6 months from now, otherwise that's a huge financial investment that she/they lose.

Ack though, that's so much that has to be planned in a matter of weeks! Days, even, for Southwest. When is she going to let you know for certain?

They've been friends for about a year and it's just recently evolved into dating. They met when she and mutual friends went to a leadership camp. She lives almost three hours away so it's tough finding time to spend with one another, which is why I'd never question him on if they're going to be together or not.... but, it's a consideration for sure.

It's the timing that is throwing me for a loop. I told Alex this evening she's more than welcome to come with us, but that I have to know within a few days if she's absolutely on board.

I might consider getting her a ticket if the Southwest flights come out before she can say for sure, then keeping a travel credit if it falls thru and we have to cancel her flight. The problem with that is we're not going to be flying anywhere in the next year.

Our dates are basically the same and I am totally in the same boat with several of you...waiting for December park hours...waiting for TGM's Least Crowded park info...waiting for my ADR window...waiting for Southwest to release flights...wondering (hoping, praying, dreaming) if FD will be extended again this year...

I just want to plan, plan, plan, but I'm such a rookie, I need all of that other information to help me out. Can't wait to read more of your PTR and get some ideas for myself too!

We will be at POP from Nov. 27-Dec. 4. This will be our first trip as a family...DH and I have both been with our families, but that has been over 20 years ago for both of us...I imagine things may be a bit different! :rotfl:

Hi there! :welcome: aboard! Hey, I may just be joining you at the Pop! :lmao: You will LOVE it! Yep, this waiting game is driving me nuts, however now I'm wondering if I should be hoping Southwest takes its darn tootin' time. :laughing:

Looking forward to planning everything out together!

They've been friends for about a year and it's just recently evolved into dating. They met when she and mutual friends went to a leadership camp. She lives almost three hours away so it's tough finding time to spend with one another, which is why I'd never question him on if they're going to be together or not.... but, it's a consideration for sure.

It's the timing that is throwing me for a loop. I told Alex this evening she's more than welcome to come with us, but that I have to know within a few days if she's absolutely on board.

I might consider getting her a ticket if the Southwest flights come out before she can say for sure, then keeping a travel credit if it falls thru and we have to cancel her flight. The problem with that is we're not going to be flying anywhere in the next year.

That's not bad then - they've known each other a while. And I definitely agree it would make him happy (having been in the same situation myself). The timing is, as you said, the difficult part. Hopefully everything gets sorted out in the next few days!

And hey, if you end up needing to get a credit- you could always go solo on a trip to Disney! :rolleyes1

Wow, Tracy, I made it just in time for the big news! :eek:

Girlfriend, huh?

Yikes! :rotfl:

If 2 rooms at Pop won't do, remember the Family Suites at ASMusic!

And I'm so glad that George was able to get the time off! What a stroke of luck!

Kathy

I'm joining your PTR! We just had to postpone our September trip to November and I'm starting to get excited about all the Christmas decorations! I love your plans and immediately thought of ASMU Suites as well with the girlfriend situation! I can sympathize, my 15 year old ds (16 in a month!) has a 17 year old girlfriend that is coming to visit and it's sometimes hard to get them to plan anything, so hopefully she will give you a definite answer soon!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter