Disney Dress Code?

SpecialFXKid

Earning My Ears
Is there a Disney Dress Code? I just got a shirt with the slogan "Canada Kicks ***". I was thinking of brining it to Disney, but it didn't even occur to me that there may be some dress code against profanity and "***" may count.

In fact, i hope this board dosen't have a swear filter and count "***".

lol.

There was a thread about this on the community board awhile back. It might not be a good idea to wear that shirt with so many kids around at the parks. When they start to read they ask a lot of questions about what they see.

Maybe you could wear it at Pleasure Island one night if you still bring it. I don't have kids but I think it might be a little ... I don't know.

:confused: :confused: :confused:

If I saw that shirt on someone here in Ottawa, I would laugh but if it was at WDW I might think differently.

Sorry if I'm coming off as a prude but it is just my 2 cents...;)

Sigh. How quickly the Olympic hockey tournament and the UN reports on the best places to live are forgotten. (Even if we did drop to 3rd place this year.) :( ;)

- Mike

P.S. You could always try spelling it a$s. :D

I wouldn't wear it...I think we should act a little more "humble" when visiting another country. Acting "superior" is not going to win you any favourable impressions. JMHO.

I would have to agree with DisneyLisa. I would leave the T-shirt home.

I think I remembered reading a thread about someone who had a tee-shirt with some questionable graphics. I can't seem to find the link for the thread ... I think he was approached by a CM who asked him to change his shirt.

I agree with Disney Lisa, it's probably better to leave the shirt at home. They might not say anything but then again you never know :)

I'd wear it. But I have the ying yang symbol painted on my toes. S

I have seen one t-shirt for sale that really would stand out at disney. It says "Your little princess is my little wh***" With all the little kids running around, I'm sure that would make a scene.

I can't imagine anyone wearing that to Disney or anywhere with lots of children. Its just in poor taste :( Then again, someone obviously thought it was funny enough to put on a t-shirt...

Wear it....

A$$ isn't a terrible word... and don't worry about trying to be humble in America.

Hell, you might even get to meet some other Canadians.

Bunch of tighties on this board.

Oh.... just for the record, I bought a No Fear T-Shirt at Universal that says "Sit down, buckle in and shut the hell up!"

If your shirt had some dirty pics on it or something, them maybe I'd worry about it.

Bunch of tighties on this board.
No, just decent people who know the appropriateness of language. WDW is a public park, true, but it is a FAMILY park. You want to act like a spoiled teenager, go ahead. But do so knowing that you will offend others. Surely to goodness you can find an "I am CANADIAN" t-shirt! You can show your patriotism without appearing to be a boor. The power of words.

"I am CANADIAN" t-shirt ~ as in the beer? S

:) Actually, Sandra we have three such t-shirts. One that is all red lettering that my kids wear to school, the Molson's coloured one and one that says: It's a CANADIAN game (in the red and blue Molson's colours). There is no reference to it being beer (but we know what it is by the colours).

That's good, because if "Canadian's Kick ***" t-shirt offends some folks, I would definately think a beer t-shirt would be offensive too ~ to some folks of course.

Personally, I don't read t-shirts that often. I don't recall my 8 year old dd ever mentioning anyone else's clothes either.

I would draw the "MY" line at the F-word for myself, but I don't care if others where it. ENJOY S

Wow.. my Internet goes down for a few weeks and i come back to find a huge debate on my post. lol.

first of all, a$s isn't really a bad word, saying butt or buttocks is really the same thing, and what's so profaine about someones butt? you see thousands of them at disney a day...

Anyways, I was expecting a yes or no response.. thanks for the variety of responses.. I'll leave the shirt at home, but i still don't know what's so bad about that.. what's a kid going to ask? "Mom, whats an ***?" "that's your bum, honey" "oh. Ok."

Maybe I should make a T-Shirt. You know with a slogan like "OUR Elections only last 1 day." or "We don't need a blue dot to show a black puck on white ice". hehe.. I like that last one. :)

Thanks alot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter