Disney fabric? Not Joann's or Walmart?

KCMiller

DIS Veteran
I love the dresses at the new Cherry Tree Lane store, but I'm thinking of trying to sew one of my own. Does anyone know where to find Disney fabric, apart from Joann's or Walmart? They have a very limited supply, and what they have isn't exactly suitable for a dress.

Thanks in advance for any secret method of acquiring Disney material!

KC

Fabric.com has a lot of Disney fabric. Not the cheapest though. (The Lion Guard savannah sage is super cute!)I've seen a few options at my local Hobby Lobby as well.

I love the dresses at the new Cherry Tree Lane store, but I'm thinking of trying to sew one of my own. Does anyone know where to find Disney fabric, apart from Joann's or Walmart? They have a very limited supply, and what they have isn't exactly suitable for a dress.

Thanks in advance for any secret method of acquiring Disney material!

KC

Equilter.com

I've seen a few options at my local Hobby Lobby as well.

if you call your local hobby lobby you can find out what days they get new fabric stock in-and make sure to print off one of their weekly online 40% off coupons. i can't speak to the quality of their regular Disney fabrics but their Disney fleece is of a very high quality. when i was shopping for a frozen themed blanket for dd i was able to get enough fabric to make the equivalent to a king sized bed spread for less than a twin sized premade-and a few years down the line that handmade blanket is still as soft and color vibrant as the day i bought the fabric.

I saw a Disney pattern online at JoAnn Fabric and I decided to drive over to the store, but they didn’t have the pattern. So maybe look online.

If you are on FB, there are several groups that sell custom Disney fabrics. They are not cheap, but the quality is amazing.

I have bought fabric on ebay... and had a couple bad experience's.. I ordered 4 yard of Elvis fabric to make my mom some pillow shams, and pillow cases.. it was her birthday request... I did contact the seller and ask if it was one continuous piece, she respond yes... so I bought it... the wrong pattern/color of fabric arrived, so I had to send it back after much discussion with the seller... then when I finally got the right pattern it was cut into 4 -1 yard pieces... which I did not want, after contacting the seller, she refused to do anything about it plus she said she would not pay for the return postage for the wrong fabric... I had to get ebay involved... 3 days later I received 4 yards of the fabric. So when I contacted her about the other 4-1 yard pieces she said just keep it, she did not want to have to pay more return fees...

Then I ordered some fabric from another seller... and it smelled like cigarette smoke, and cat liter... I had to get ebay involved in that as well... thankfully I had asked the same questions is it continuous piece of fabric, and is smoke free and pet free, as I have allergies so I have to be careful...

If you are going to buy it make sure you ask questions as to length, and if the home or business is smoke, and pet free, also has it been washed and how was it stored...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter