Disney Files Winter Edition

carlbarry

DIS Veteran
I haven't received the Winter edition. Has it gone out yet? The last one I received was Fall.
Thanks.

Officially Spring, but the Winter Disney Files doesn't exist! I wonder if they decided to just stop publishing it. I also have a Wyndham timeshare, and they and RCI stopped publishing their magazines years ago.

Officially Spring, but the Winter Disney Files doesn't exist! I wonder if they decided to just stop publishing it. I also have a Wyndham timeshare, and they and RCI stopped publishing their magazines years ago.
My kids would be so disappointed if that were the case. They really look forward to getting it in the mail.

I thought mine was lost in the mail. Hope they didn't decide to cancel future publications!

I just called Disney. The CM had to "reach out to" her "team."
The answer is that there was an "adjustment" to the printing schedule, and only the Winter edition was affected; nobody got it. The regular schedule will resume with the Spring edition.
100% speculative, but this smells like a case where Disney went to press with the issue, and later discovered there was something grossly incorrect about it which prevented mailing. Maybe something about the BWV refurbishment. Maybe something about the cabins. Maybe an announcement of some perk or benefit or member lounge or Moonlight Magic which was abruptly altered. DVC has actually been pretty good about mailing the magazines to coincide with big sales launches and other events. May have gotten burned this time.

Wasn't there some communication in the last few months that talked about changes to publications? Going digital, or changing the frequency, or something like that, at DVC's discretion? Or am I thinking of something regarding D23?

I just called Disney. The CM had to "reach out to" her "team."
The answer is that there was an "adjustment" to the printing schedule, and only the Winter edition was affected; nobody got it. The regular schedule will resume with the Spring edition.
Interesting. I wonder when the Spring edition will arrive, since we're already technically into Spring.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter