Disney Genie announcement

So it looks like it's kind of like Disneyland's old MaxPass system, but without some of the bigger attractions, but without it there is no free fastpass? If I'm reading that correctly, which I might not be.

MaxPass was great at Disneyland if you are one or two people going for one or two days. I can see this really adding up with a large party staying for a week.

We loved MaxPass at DLR-- hated FP+ at WDW and are okay with this EXCEPT for the fact that they have excluded some rides and are making them pay per ride. If we are already paying $60 per day at DLR and $45 per day at WDW for 3 people, I would expect all the FP rides to be included.

"These individual attraction selections will include rides like Seven Dwarfs Mine Train at Magic Kingdom. Plus, both Rise of the Resistance at Disney’s Hollywood Studios and Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure at EPCOT (which opens on October 1st) will feature a free virtual queue and be available as a Lightning Lane attraction."
https://allears.net/2021/08/18/breaking-fastpass-will-be-discontinued-in-disney-world/

This wording is interesting. It sounds like you may not need a boarding group/virtual queue for RorR, and just a Lighting Lane

I don't mind paying $15 per day. I'm assuming there will be some benefit for Guests staying at Deluxe resorts, too.

What I do mind, however, is if the app is broken upon release. Disney really needs to get it right this time around.. no excuses.. If the application is littered with bugs, there's going to be a lot of unhappy Guests in the parks.

I'm certain the devil will be in the details. $15 a day sounds like it lets you choose a single ride (probably among a tiered selection) at a time. Individual Attractions is where the "whales" come in. I'm going in a month. Not certain if I want this to start before or after I go.
After, for me. It's already super expensive.

"These individual attraction selections will include rides like Seven Dwarfs Mine Train at Magic Kingdom. Plus, both Rise of the Resistance at Disney’s Hollywood Studios and Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure at EPCOT (which opens on October 1st) will feature a free virtual queue and be available as a Lightning Lane attraction."
https://allears.net/2021/08/18/breaking-fastpass-will-be-discontinued-in-disney-world/

This wording is interesting. It sounds like you may not need a boarding group/virtual queue for RorR, and just a Lighting Lane
It was specifically mentioned in the parks blog that the virtual queue will stay.

What's interesting is this appears to be similar to Universal's Express Pass system, but far cheaper. Universal's Express Pass is almost like buying a second park ticket. The advantage of that though it generally the Express lines are fairly short since not many people want to pay for it or their deluxe hotels that offer the service. I can see these new Lightening/Genie lines getting really long

Interesting.... MaxPass was a pretty great system, so I'm excited that they're building off of that platform. What I'm interested in is the Tier 1/e-ticket individual purchases.

For our family, we ride minimal e-ticket attractions so I'm probably ok with the cost.

Really excited about the DAS digital upgrade. It was a hassle to walk all the way to an attraction, get a return time for 45 min to an hour, then have to circle back

I missed this part, where did you see that? That would be amazing.

It was specifically mentioned in the parks blog that the virtual queue will stay.
View attachment 598080
Interesting. But with the other wording, I wonder if you can now basically get a FastPass/Lightening Pass as well as a spot in the queue. For example, if you don't get a boarding group first thing in the morning it seems like you can pay for a Lightening pass and also get on.

Interesting. But with the other wording, I wonder if you can now basically get a FastPass/Lightening Pass as well as a spot in the queue. For example, if you don't get a boarding group first thing in the morning it seems like you can pay for a Lightening pass and also get on.
I’d be shocked if that was the case. ROTR just doesn’t have the throughput for that. I’d assume it stays fully VQ as it is now. But I guess you never know.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter