Disney Genie announcement

I didn't forget that. But since FP+ is not an option, I have to judge what's in front of me when deciding if I'm going to give the mouse any more money at all.

Agree with alot of what you said and I'll continue to push the idea that this doesnt have to cost guests more money. Try to find the money in the Disney budget other places...for us, it's less ADRs. Outside of a few exceptions, while the cost has continued to go up and we love the service we just can't justify doing the amount of ADRs we used (usually avg'd one per day per trip). Now, we're lucky if we do three over a week long trip.

The $250 pp cost (or so) for a 6/7 day trip for ILLs and G+ will come directly out of our ADR, souvenir and snack purchases. I hate that for the table service CMs but it is what it is.

I'm further convinced that I do not need to use Genie+ ever for Epcot or Animal Kingdom.

I like the use at Epcot if you want to start your day in World Showcase then move to future world (or whatever it's called now) or for a later arrival but a rope drop arrival, use of single rider at TT and then move to WS I'd agree

We set alarms as reminders for when we could pull next LL, and while I think app showed a time for when you could make next selection,

We were unable to pull our second LL ride after tapping into SDD, as we were supposed to be able to do.
The app does tell you when you can grab your next LL.

Yes we discovered for rides with two tap points we had to clear the second tap point to get the next LL.

to your larger point, we almost got taken out many times at DHS by people walking with their phones and not paying attention. That is a huge issue.

Just bought our tickets for my family of 8's upcoming December trip and it now prompts you to add Genie+ to your tickets and already have it included every day of your trip.

I opted in for it but I'm an AP so it looks like I'll only have to buy it for myself that morning.

It looks like for new daily tickets they are adding G+ as an option like park hopping. But for AP you’ll have to add G+ every day.

For existing daily tickets you can change the ticket type to add G+, of course paying the difference.

For our group of me with an AP plus 3 family members with daily tickets I’ll probably hold off on that change of the daily tickets at least for now. I expect to be adding G+ but if I have to add it each day myself it won’t be a big deal to have one of the group of 3 add it to all of theirs.

Waiting will give me more time to decide if we might want to purchase G+ on just some days, or maybe not at all.

I have looked and can not find it but is there anyway to see the ILL$ pricing for the rides you may want before the morning of in order to budget out more money?? This is ridiculous. I hate the new system.

I'm further convinced that I do not need to use Genie+ ever for Epcot or Animal Kingdom. It is most effective at DHS (more long lines to skip) but the best value is at MK (more attractions). since I'm not paying for a family (Yes, I understand that most Disney visitors have to pay for a family), I might try it for a day at MK on my next trip just to jump on as many rides as possible, including the ones I always skip over. Just for fun. I'll be out $16 which is the cost of a cocktail.
If possible, please do a second day without Genie+ and compare how many rides you got on and the total wiat times in one vs the other....

Would love to see some comparative data

I have looked and can not find it but is there anyway to see the ILL$ pricing for the rides you may want before the morning of in order to budget out more money?? This is ridiculous. I hate the new system.

I don’t think so, at least not yet.

Probably the best you can do is estimate based on what they are charging now. After a couple of weeks we will see how much the prices change from day to day, or even if they change the attractions subject to IALL.

So, we're here to help with Disney and Grammar/Spelling?

Sheesh. Can't you people UNDERSTAND that some folks are DIFFERENTLY ABLED in this arena?
I meant no offense to anyone by my post. If I was repeatedly misspelling/misusing a word, I’d appreciate being told :confused3
These are yesterday’s prices, to give you an idea. It would definitely be nice to see a calendar similar to what they have for ticket prices.

I meant no offense to anyone by my post. If I was repeatedly misspelling/misusing a word, I’d appreciate being told :confused3
You'd appreciate it because you have relatively few issues in this area.

But! If you were dyslexic or had a different learning disability, you would feel hurt, ashamed, and frustrated because ONCE AGAIN, you screwed it up.

Sorry I don’t really mean to pick on you. I’m reading this post and just makes me think on where we were with FP+ where one could do all of this for no extra charge. But now people are planning on spending on g+ and ias per day and calling it awesome. SMH
I don’t feel like I’m being picked on. But I am going to continue to be excited about skipping the line even if I now have to pay. I’m not thrilled about it, but I do think this new system benefits my touring style, and I’m choosing to see what benefits I can get out of it. For me, walking into a park in the evening with potentially 5 LL’s that aren’t tiered over 3 FP’s that we’re tiered (and a system that forced me to choose tier two rides that I might not have cared about before getting the extra ones I do) sounds awesome to me. I was someone who maximized refresh and could usually find what I wanted, but this way I will be off my phone more in the evenings if I have more stacked before entering. Again, this just fits me better, not saying it’s superior or correct.

And people are totally allowed to choose to be upset about it. That doesn’t bother me one bit. Let people feel what they feel, see the good or the bad or both. I am choosing my energy and attitude to be positive.

One less? Genie+ and IAS for my family of 5 for 7 days costs $1,295. That’s not skipping a high end restaurant, that’s not eating on the trip.
I wouldnt buy it for your entire trip.......Let it play out here since its likely you are not going to need it for most days..

I think most posters here are assuming you would follow your own advice and therefore it wouldn't be $1,295 but a much more reasonable amount..... say the amount of skipping a TS ADR for the family/

Change is inevitable. Disney has changed this system every ten years or so? Legacy FP, FP+ and now G+. In 8-10 years it’ll be something new and it’ll be way more expensive. That’s the way of the world.

Prices for all vacation destinations have gone up. You get less for more money. We don’t only vacation at Disney. We only go every 2-3ish years. Most of my vacations I took ten years ago are now easily double the price. I remember when all inclusives included steak and lobster, now most places have that as an up charge.

Have you seen the prices for flash pass at six flags? $90 minimum per day per person. We go to the Jersey shore and the pier rides used to have wrist bands for all you care to ride. Now it’s a pay per ride system and it’s pricey!

I guess for me G+ isn’t that big of a deal because we don’t do Disney 3-4 times a year or even every year. When we choose it as a vacation destination we know there will be changes and we roll with it. Just like we do with every vacation destination we want to go to. If the changes were that bad or not to our liking we would go elsewhere.

I have looked through and didn’t see this question, so I apologize if it has been addressed. I see where parties with a combination of APs and regular tickets can’t book together because the ticket type has to match.

My question is, do all the APs have to be identical? I have a platinum, and the other two family members have silver passes.

I doubt if we will pay for either Genie+ or the individual LL attractions, but if they want to, I want to know what I am up against. The silvers don’t get to the park as often as I do, so they might be willing to open their wallets, especially since our efforts to ride ROTR have never worked out.

I'm just going to post these questions again to make sure I understand parts of this. It got buried already.

Ok I’m trying to understand this all. Not like it matters for me cause I won’t step foot in the parks again till maybe end of next year but.

the extra 2 paid rides. U guys call them ill$? Not LL right?

you can book them back to back at 7 am if on property right? U don’t have to use the 1 and then book second right?

if so I can go on at 7 and grab say rise and Mickey Minnie train for at night in Hollywood studios right?

But they have to be 2 hours apart thought right?

Thanks!

You'd appreciate it because you have relatively few issues in this area.

But! If you were dyslexic or had a different learning disability, you would feel hurt, ashamed, and frustrated because ONCE AGAIN, you screwed it up.

Just say that you're using the Canadian spelling.

We don't actually spell it differently but I've found that most people don't know which words we spell differently, so just believe you (said as a dysgraphic Canadian who lived in the US and now lives in Europe).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter