Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just noticed the $500 Disney gift cards are no longer listed on the Sam's Club site and the $150 packs are listed as "out of stock". Anyone know if these items usually restocked regularly, or are they only offered sporadically throughout the year? I think my local store has a few of the $150 packs available, but they don't carry the $500.
Sam's has the $500 back in on their website

It is $479.98 which is basically 4% off; not fantastic!
Someone on this thread also suggesed that those with a Disney Visa could purchase Walmart GCs to earn an additional 2% in DVRC $. Never thought of that, but I guess all purchases made at Walmart count as "groceries".

Has anyone used a Gamestop GC to purchase another GC lately? I have about $35 on a Gamestop GC (from last year, when Gamestop was part of a strategy for buying discounted Disney GC that I can't exactly recall now, except it involved buying eBay GC at Gamestop). If I recall correctly, some people were able to use the Gamestop GC to purchase gas or food GCs even after purchasing eBay GC was no longer allowed. Any Gamestop experts here? Even though it's not a large amount of money, I'd prefer to use the Gamestop GC to purchase a gas or food GC rather than resell, if that's possible.

Someone on this thread also suggesed that those with a Disney Visa could purchase Walmart GCs to earn an additional 2% in DVRC $. Never thought of that, but I guess all purchases made at Walmart count as "groceries".
Purchase Walmart gift cards to pay for the Disney cards at Sam's. Sorry.

Has anyone used a Gamestop GC to purchase another GC lately? I have about $35 on a Gamestop GC (from last year, when Gamestop was part of a strategy for buying discounted Disney GC that I can't exactly recall now, except it involved buying eBay GC at Gamestop). If I recall correctly, some people were able to use the Gamestop GC to purchase gas or food GCs even after purchasing eBay GC was no longer allowed. Any Gamestop experts here? Even though it's not a large amount of money, I'd prefer to use the Gamestop GC to purchase a gas or food GC rather than resell, if that's possible.

Still worked when I tried about a month ago. No eBay or Visa gift cards. Restaurants are fine. I bought Starbucks, no problem. I think gas should be ok.

ETA: I actually don't think I even saw any eBay cards on the rack the last time I was in a Gamestop...

Last edited:
Best Buy is running another Buy $150 egift card/Get $15 savings code deal: https://bestbuy-m.cashstar.com/buy/

Offer valid 6/4/17 to 6/18/17. Savings code will be emailed on 7/7/17 and valid 7/7/17 to 7/20/17. Max 2 per customer.

And yes, you can use both gift cards and savings codes to redeem for Disney or any other third-party gift cards. BBY gift cards do not expire; savings codes expire 7/20/17. BBY's in-store POS system will allow you to pay for third-party gift cards with these, although store policy, and whether managers or employees will allow it may vary at your local store.

Edit: @momto4obkids, you beat me to it!

For those with a Meijer I just noticed they have the mperk again for $5 off your next purchase when you spend $50 in gift cards. Can be done 10 times and is available until 7/1. I didn't see any coupons for gift cards to pair it with, but I remember there being a best buy coupon they last time they did this.

New Kroger Coupon:

Save $5.00 on Your Grocery Purchase when you buy ONE (1) $50 MASTERCARD® or VISA® gift card. * Restrictions Apply. See Store for Details.

Exp 06/18/2017

This should stack with the earn 4x fuel points one, right?

Get 4x FUEL Points when you buy a $25, $50 or $100 MASTERCARD® or VISA® gift card. * Restrictions Apply. See Store for Details.

Exp 06/06 2 days left!

Still worked when I tried about a month ago. No eBay or Visa gift cards. Restaurants are fine. I bought Starbucks, no problem. I think gas should be ok.

ETA: I actually don't think I even saw any eBay cards on the rack the last time I was in a Gamestop...

Thanks - I will add Gamestop to the list of errands for this afternoon. I always feel slightly weird in that store because I have no idea about most of what they are selling, and I'm hoping not to try to buy something that the system won't allow.

For people still shopping at Sears/Kmart, PPDG has a deal for a $100 Sears GC for $85: http://www.ebay.com/itm/252957977324

I know converting a Sears GC to Disney can be a PITA, and you wouldn't want to hold on to these GCs for very long, but maybe you can use the savings for something. You'd better hurry -- the deal looks like it's almost gone as of posting.

For those with a Meijer I just noticed they have the mperk again for $5 off your next purchase when you spend $50 in gift cards. Can be done 10 times and is available until 7/1. I didn't see any coupons for gift cards to pair it with, but I remember there being a best buy coupon they last time they did this.

I can't find this one on my mperks. Is it in the rewards section?

It was listed under my pmerks in the available section. Not sure if it will help but mine always pops up in progress. I haven to click on available to see the ones I haven't started yet.

Would I be able to do the Best Buy deal completely online? Just to make sure I have it right: buy $150 BB card, get $15 code e-mailed, buy $200 worth of Disney cards on the BB website with gift card, saving code, and $35 from a credit card? It sounds like a good deal, but we don't every shop at Best Buy otherwise... would be very counterproductive to get stuck with a bunch of money in BB GC!

Would I be able to do the Best Buy deal completely online? Just to make sure I have it right: buy $150 BB card, get $15 code e-mailed, buy $200 worth of Disney cards on the BB website with gift card, saving code, and $35 from a credit card? It sounds like a good deal, but we don't every shop at Best Buy otherwise... would be very counterproductive to get stuck with a bunch of money in BB GC!

You would need to go in to Best Buy, the online orders get cancelled when you try to get gift cards on the website.

I utilized this offer today, purchasing a $50 Disney GC and a $50 restaurant card, and two separate $5 rewards appeared in my Meijer mperks account later in the day. They show up under Rewards - Earned. Before you utilize the offer, it should appear in Rewards - Available. I believe the limit of ten rewards can be combined into one humongous card, e.g., had I purchased a $500 Disney GC, I would have received a $50 mperks reward. (Can't swear to that, however; if that's your plan, might want to verify with in-store customer service first.) Ten percent off is not too shabby, in my view. Might buy another GC for my August trip to DLR.

This is a very good deal and I recommend going to the store.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter