Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
The cashiers at my smart & final have probably decided my whole family is crazy at this point. We get better deals on groceries elsewhere but I wanted to use the buy $50 in Best Buy get $10 coupon deal. So I found our toilet paper was basically the same price we pay elsewhere. I bring a fam member or 2 with me, everyone purchases a BB card & then turns around & buys the toilet paper with the coupon. Repeat in the evening if desired, definitely the next day... We have toilet paper until the holidays at this point- but a 20% savings on Disney gift cards is absolutely worth it :cool1: (My fam thought I was crazy until I showed them the math!) Unfortunately we're running out of storage space for the toilet paper so this particular turn is about done :rotfl2: Weirdest gift card savings method ever for me!

If anyone has a Meijers in their area, they have an Mperk where when you buy a $50 gift card you get $5 off of your next purchase. Disney Gift cards are able to earn the $5. There is a limit of 10 perks.
Wondering if any Meijer's customers can help me out. I don't have a Meijer's in my area, but I am traveling to a city with a Meijers this coming weekend. For instance, if I go into the store and make a purchase, would I be able to go out to the gas station and use the $5 perk? Additionally, do the rewards accumulate? For instance, I've read that you can't purchase gift cards with perks, so if I did a few $50 gift card purchase transactions without any merchandise/grocery purchases in between, would the points start adding up from each purchase? Additionally, are Mperks available immediately? Would I be able to use them on gas? TIA

Wondering if any Meijer's customers can help me out. I don't have a Meijer's in my area, but I am traveling to a city with a Meijers this coming weekend. For instance, if I go into the store and make a purchase, would I be able to go out to the gas station and use the $5 perk? Additionally, do the rewards accumulate? For instance, I've read that you can't purchase gift cards with perks, so if I did a few $50 gift card purchase transactions without any merchandise/grocery purchases in between, would the points start adding up from each purchase? Additionally, are Mperks available immediately? Would I be able to use them on gas? TIA

The $5 mperk coupon doesn't show up right away....I've had them take a couple hours sometimes.

My rewards have always showed as available by the time I get home from Meijer and I live 5 minutes away. For some people it may take longer.

If you are not familiar with MPerks, I want to remind you that you have to have an MPerks account, which you can sign up for online on Meijer's website. Rewards are not able to be redeemed at gas stations. Occasionally they will have a coupon available that you can clip on the website that will save usually .10/ gallon, but again, it's not always available and you have to clip it online through MPerks. The $5 gift card rewards cannot be redeemed for gift cards, alcohol, tobacco, prescriptions, lottery, phone cards, postage, online purchases, or gas stations. I'm not sure what you mean by points. It doesn't matter if you purchase the gift cards in one transaction or multiple, with other items or without, a $200 gift card, vs 4 $50 gift cards, the rewards will still hit your MPerks account the same way. The rewards for the gift cards will all be separate $5 rewards for every $50 worth of gift cards (if you purchase a $200 GC for instance, that would be 4 $5 rewards). When you try to later redeem them, you will type in your phone number and pin on the check out screen and after you scan an item, it will pop up with a box asking if you want to redeem your $5 reward. Then it will pop up asking if you want to redeem the next reward, and so on. They will all be separate rewards, but you can redeem as many as you want in a single transaction. Hope this helps.

My rewards have always showed as available by the time I get home from Meijer and I live 5 minutes away. For some people it may take longer.

If you are not familiar with MPerks, I want to remind you that you have to have an MPerks account, which you can sign up for online on Meijer's website. Rewards are not able to be redeemed at gas stations. Occasionally they will have a coupon available that you can clip on the website that will save usually .10/ gallon, but again, it's not always available and you have to clip it online through MPerks. The $5 gift card rewards cannot be redeemed for gift cards, alcohol, tobacco, prescriptions, lottery, phone cards, postage, online purchases, or gas stations. I'm not sure what you mean by points. It doesn't matter if you purchase the gift cards in one transaction or multiple, with other items or without, a $200 gift card, vs 4 $50 gift cards, the rewards will still hit your MPerks account the same way. The rewards for the gift cards will all be separate $5 rewards for every $50 worth of gift cards (if you purchase a $200 GC for instance, that would be 4 $5 rewards). When you try to later redeem them, you will type in your phone number and pin on the check out screen and after you scan an item, it will pop up with a box asking if you want to redeem your $5 reward. Then it will pop up asking if you want to redeem the next reward, and so on. They will all be separate rewards, but you can redeem as many as you want in a single transaction. Hope this helps.
Thank you for the thorough explanation. That is very helpful. I was thinking it would be nice to get gas since I'm traveling, but I'll have to scratch that. I'll have to think about what necessities I need that can travel well.

Does anyone know if #1 Lowe's (home improvements) carries Disney GC's. If so...#2 Can you use a Lowe's GC to purchase another (Disney) GC?

DH has a Lowe's card and gets better value redeeming rewards for Lowe's GC, so this would really work to our advantage if it's possible.

I have a question for Amex people...
This deal where you can buy an Amex gift card with no purchase fees...Do you still get 1% cash back? I have the blue preferred card if that matters.

I have a question for Amex people...
This deal where you can buy an Amex gift card with no purchase fees...Do you still get 1% cash back? I have the blue preferred card if that matters.

Hmmm . . . I would assume so, but I've never verified. The last time I used the Amex offer (over a year ago) I could not get the no purchase fee code and the free shipping code to work together. Had to pay one or the other unfortunately.

My Rite Aid always says right away
"Just so you know, you can't use Plenti Points to Buy GC"

I use my points towards my AT&T bill

Our Bi-Lo's just recently converted to plenti points. I see you said you are using towards your AT&T Bill. Do you also accumulate points for using AT&T? Our phone service is through them, I guess I need to check that out.

Hmmm . . . I would assume so, but I've never verified. The last time I used the Amex offer (over a year ago) I could not get the no purchase fee code and the free shipping code to work together. Had to pay one or the other unfortunately.

Boo. I forgot they charged for shipping. :sad1:

Sad I'll be sitting out yet another BB GC deal. I'm one of the few who cannot turn BB into Disney in store. I've been flat out refused on more than one occasion and there's only one store about 30 minutes from my house. All others are over an hour. Not worth the trouble.

I've had lots of problems in the past at my local BBs, too. However, it's been a year since I really tried (back then the closing of the ebay churn was still quite fresh) and my work relocated to be near one BB that I didn't try as often as back in the churning days, so I'm rolling the dice here and hoping I can just slide smoothly to Disney GCs without them creating a stink.

*Fingers crossed*

PS thanks for the tip about using your membership ID. Won't quite get me to $5, but maybe the next time this deal rolls through, it will.

Our Bi-Lo's just recently converted to plenti points. I see you said you are using towards your AT&T Bill. Do you also accumulate points for using AT&T? Our phone service is through them, I guess I need to check that out.
Aren't all Bi-Los now Food City?

I've had lots of problems in the past at my local BBs, too. However, it's been a year since I really tried (back then the closing of the ebay churn was still quite fresh) and my work relocated to be near one BB that I didn't try as often as back in the churning days, so I'm rolling the dice here and hoping I can just slide smoothly to Disney GCs without them creating a stink.

*Fingers crossed*

Well as of today I have a total of $400 in Best Buy GC. I really hope my local stores don't give me problems.:scared:

I have several I can :drive: to if the first one or two end up being stinkers about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter