Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know of any place (on line) that accepts PayPal to purchase Disney Gift Cards? I usually buy my Disney Gift Cards from BJs. But they don't accept PayPal. I currently have $50 PayPal free cash award; wondering if there is anywhere I can use to purchase one?

So if I want to pay for my dining using our MBs but ultimately paying with approx $3000 in Disney gift cards (I will be there for more than two weeks), I would have to go to the front desk every few days with my gift cards? I can't do that at check-in, right? I would have to buy something first? So can I buy the refillable mugs and then head to the front desk and give them one gift card? Is there a dollar limit? Can I give them $1000 one one gift card up front?

So if I want to pay for my dining using our MBs but ultimately paying with approx $3000 in Disney gift cards (I will be there for more than two weeks), I would have to go to the front desk every few days with my gift cards? I can't do that at check-in, right? I would have to buy something first? So can I buy the refillable mugs and then head to the front desk and give them one gift card? Is there a dollar limit? Can I give them $1000 one one gift card up front?
You have to have a credit or debit card on file to be able to do any charging back to your room. There is a dollar limit for each resort level. Once you reach (or come close to reaching) that level, your the balance on you room folio will be charged to the card on file. If you go to the lobby concierge before you reach that spending threshold, you can pay down your room balance before that happens. Some CMs will place the balance remaining on a GC on your room account as a credit. However, I have never been able to hand the CM several GCs and have them create a room credit from them. There have been people who have reported that they have been able to do this, but don't count on it and just consider to be a bonus if you find one of those rare CMs who knows how to do it.

Depending on what category of resort you're staying at Disney assigns a "credit limit" to the room account. I know for Deluxe it's $2000.00. So in that example basically if your room account balance hits $2000, Disney will charge your credit card. So you don't necessarily have to go every day with the gift cards unless you're hitting the credit limit everyday. While I haven't used it yet so I can't comment on how well it works, the most recent app update includes the ability to view your room balance making it easy to keep track.

Also, if you don't reach your credit limit by the night before check-out, you will want to pay off your balance with the gift cards regardless because Disney charges your credit card overnight in that scenario.

Thanks everyone! I will be staying at Pop and paying for our dining, including table service, so I'm pretty sure I will reach the limit pretty quickly. I know I have to have a cc on file so I want to prevent it being charged. I plan to only give them one gift card at a time (if they won't accept more than one), but they will have $500-1000 each.

Anyone know of any place (on line) that accepts PayPal to purchase Disney Gift Cards? I usually buy my Disney Gift Cards from BJs. But they don't accept PayPal. I currently have $50 PayPal free cash award; wondering if there is anywhere I can use to purchase one?

If you transfer your paypal balance to a checking account, you can just use the money anywhere by paying with your credit card and then paying off the credit card balance. That is what I do so that I can get a discount on the cards when I buy them at Target, etc.

Been awhile since I bought Disney GC but with our trip next week I checked Target’s website and saw they now offer digital Disney GC. Question - I noticed when I added them to my cart the RC discount was applied like I was hoping...is there any issues I need to know about? Will the order get canceled or have issues if I order 10 $100 digital cards at once? Does the RC discount actually work? This would be way easier for me than having them shipped or scrounging around various Target stores trying to find all the remaining cards.

I literally just did this last week. Paid $950 for 10 $100 eGift cards on the Target website. Got them all in a couple of hours and combined them all into one on DisneyGiftCard.com and then used that one combined number to pay down my trip balance.

If you transfer your paypal balance to a checking account, you can just use the money anywhere by paying with your credit card and then paying off the credit card balance. That is what I do so that I can get a discount on the cards when I buy them at Target, etc.

That's a good idea, too. I wasn't sure if I could do that though. Thank you!

You can't prepay on your account. There must be a balance to apply the GC to. I would stop by the desk each night and just pay off whatever charges were made that day. It was easy enough.

That's a good idea, too. I wasn't sure if I could do that though. Thank you!

You just have to link your Paypal account to your checking account. It costs nothing to transfer the funds and once they are linked, it is usually very quick to transfer funds from Paypal into your checking account. I got a $10 rebate in my Paypal account yesterday, set it to transfer and it was already in my checking account this morning.

You just have to link your Paypal account to your checking account. It costs nothing to transfer the funds and once they are linked, it is usually very quick to transfer funds from Paypal into your checking account. I got a $10 rebate in my Paypal account yesterday, set it to transfer and it was already in my checking account this morning.

Because I sell on eBay, I had to link it. That's awesome, thank you. I've been averaging about $56 a month with the PayPal credits!

You can't prepay on your account. There must be a balance to apply the GC to. I would stop by the desk each night and just pay off whatever charges were made that day. It was easy enough.
But if I buy 4 refillable mugs on the first night (which will only be about $80) can I give them a gift card with $1000 on it and then charge against that $920 balance for the next few days?

But if I buy 4 refillable mugs on the first night (which will only be about $80) can I give them a gift card with $1000 on it and then charge against that $920 balance for the next few days?

Probably not. Generally, you can only pay the charges that have actually been charged to your room. They don't set up a "tab" using your gift card.

I saw the 10% at Cardcash as well, but the Target website lists the Disney gift cards as not sold in stores. If that is the case, and you can't use them online for gift cards, aren't you unable to take advantage of the 10% for a Disney trip savings?
Cardcash has 10% off Target egift cards today. I've bought from them numerous times without issue. I have a trip coming up in November, so 10% was good enough for me to jump on to get the remaining amount I need.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter