Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those doing the Best Buy “use store pick up and get a $10 gift code” deal, what are you buying? Can you buy Best Buy GC’s to trigger the promo? Very few other GC’s show up as available to pick up in store for me. I was hoping to get a few Christmas gifts to use the promo but the things I want are either not available for in store pick up, or priced more than $10 higher at BB than Amazon.

PS - I got a Target catalog in the mail today with a coupon on the back for a $10 FWP GC with a $50 purchase either in store or online. Gift cards and tax don’t count towards the $50, along with the usual exclusions like pharmacy purchases, etc.

I originally posted this deal a few pages back and I did TWO separate orders to receive TWO $10 Promotional GCs, the limit on this deal is THREE. I got two $10 Roblox GCs but PLEASE do the online chat and copy it onto a word document if choosing to buy gift cards. Print it then staple your invoice to it. I have mine clipped to my calendar. This was just too easy.

So I accidentally bought some in store target gc’s with yesterday’s SMS (texted) target gift cards today because I realized that I forgot to go by target yesterday for kids’ teachers’ gifts. That would be kind of bad to have them try to activate the card and get $0!! Anyone try target customer service or is that just asking for trouble???

We were at Target today, I made a small purchase and after I was done DH handed me a really cute LEGO gift card. I had TWO $5 promotional gcs and the cashier at Customer Service took them and loaded it onto the LEGO GC. My receipt says I'm good to go. I was shocked but truth be told I am not a Target shopper like I use to be. Heck, I just downloaded the app and I'm still trying to figure it out. YES, I am that old! :sad2:

EDIT: Woof! Just re-read your post... I'm waaay off base, so sorry.

So I just chatted with target customer service and I fessed up to buying target gc’s with a target gc and going over the limit by doing two transactions. they rest assured me that all gc will work and “yes, you can do that to get additional discount by making two or more transactions”. Maybe I’m a small fry but they seem to be ok with it.

It really doesn't matter. You can only have, I believe, 5, on at a time anyway, so if you need to consolidate more you would have to delete them anyway. Some people do up a spread sheet and I just did a word document that listed all my Dis GC's with the pins just in case something were to happen.

I just made another account at the Disney gift card site when I wanted to have more than five cards with balances. Worked out great. And I usually just leave them in there. On our last trip we were glad we did when we got lower than we wanted, so I signed in and transferred a medium balance card to the card we were actually using. That worked great and was so easy. We almost forgot at first tho, and we're going to have DD27's DH go try to find the one I wanted to transfer and then we remembered that we could just go in the account and transfer.

I placed an order later in the day on Sunday on target.com for a $300 target gc at a 10% discount - it is still pending! I called my credit card company yesterday about it and they said that they aren't the ones holding it up and that I should call Target. I have received 3 discounted target gift cards to my email and am having one sent through the regular mail so I am not sure if calling Target will make things worse or better The transaction that is still pending was made using a different cc, different email address and different computer (EDIT: I see using a different computer won't change my IP address :( and incognito doesn't hide IPs) than the others but the billing address/name is the same. Thanks for any advice.

Last edited:
So frustrated. Bought $1800 in Target gift cards yesterday. Sent husband to purchase Disney GC this AM before work. He went through a register, (didn't do self checkout) and manager stopped him and said he could not purchase ANY amount of Disney GC with Target GC. He didn't fight them and left(he didn't know better). I then confirmed with customer service rep via online chat and saved a screenshot that this was indeed fine to do. I also called the Target GC line and they said NO you can't. I told them the web site says you can in a physical store, just not at Target.com. She just said sorry, you can't. Now I have to try to go in after a 12 hour shift to deal with it, if they even have any gift cards left. This is the same store that limits people to no more than 5 Disney gift cards purchased per day. Not sure if that's even legit with Target corporate either.

Sorry to hear that...I've had similar experiences (not allowing me to buy more than $300 worth of Disney GC OR using Target gc to buy Disney gc) with our Target which is why I don't take advantage of the 10% discount like many on this board. Some managers interpret the rules differently, unfortunately, which stinks.

Good luck with your purchase :)

I placed an order later in the day on Sunday on target.com for a $300 target gc at a 10% discount - it is still pending! I called my credit card company yesterday about it and they said that they aren't the ones holding it up and that I should call Target. I have received 3 discounted target gift cards to my email and am having one sent through the regular mail so I am not sure if calling Target will make things worse or better The transaction that is still pending was made using a different cc, different email address and different computer (EDIT: I see using a different computer won't change my IP address :( and incognito doesn't hide IPs) than the others but the billing address/name is the same. Thanks for any advice.

I know the rule of thumb on Slickdeals is never call so I usually follow that advice. If you had only ordered one calling would be fine but since you ordered more than one I would wait it out if it were me.

Also in Gmail my email came in Promotions.... if you have Gmail you might want to check there.

So I went into Target last night to get the Disney Gift Cards - the process itself was very smooth - except that I grabbed a handful of the $100 Disney gift cards and got in line only to find out that 2 of the "carboard sleeves" that the gift cards are stuck too, actually didn't have any gift cards on them. Makes me wonder about people stealing the cards and trying to say that they didn't get activated or something? No big deal for me, I just went and grabbed a few more that actually had cards. And then the cashier was surprised cuz the receipt took forever to print - I was like don't worry, it'll come - thanks to this thread.

I went in to flip my cards last night. I had $1500 and was going to split it so I didn't feel bad clearing out one store or anything. I grabbed 8 $100s and was going to pass self checkout and grab a candy bar then double back - but no employees were watching self checkout so I grabbed an open register. If I'd known it would be that easy I would have grabbed them all then. I had a few groceries to pick up, so I ran those out to my car (I would have just put them in my purse but I didn't have it) then grabbed a basket, 7 more gift cards, my groceries, and hit the other self checkout. Went home and transferred the balances to a couple gift cards that I've had for several months. I even had $50 from swagbucks that I had printed, since last time it gave me the access code issue (even the printed ones did, and the employee had to come enter them in manually). No issues this time, just scanned as usual.

So I accidentally bought some in store target gc’s with yesterday’s SMS (texted) target gift cards today because I realized that I forgot to go by target yesterday for kids’ teachers’ gifts. That would be kind of bad to have them try to activate the card and get $0!! Anyone try target customer service or is that just asking for trouble???
Asking for trouble. The only way to stop it at this point is to give the teachers something else- unless you already gave the cards to the teachers in which case it's time to let it go and hope they work, it's out of your hands. If not and you can get back to Target I'd either use the gift cards to buy Starbucks or something OR purchase new gift cards with cash/credit card and give those to the teachers while keeping the potentially problematic ones for yourself. (But, I still haven't seen a report on anyone's cards being drained by Target yet fwiw.)

So I just chatted with target customer service and I fessed up to buying target gc’s with a target gc and going over the limit by doing two transactions. they rest assured me that all gc will work and “yes, you can do that to get additional discount by making two or more transactions”. Maybe I’m a small fry but they seem to be ok with it.
Why in the world would you do that? PLEASE don't do that again. I saved nearly $200 by buying Target gift cards at HyVee to use for gift cards at Target. I would really hate for them to decide next year that I can't do it because you wanted to "fess up".

By us I never see anything larger than $50 and often the largest they have in stock is $25 ... I was using those to help pay off our Disney Cruise - that is a lot of number to enter!

On the plus side, was able to create a Mickey Head out of all the cards once I was paid in full

View attachment 286951
Just cause this will be appreciated over here - make sure to view attachment.

Why in the world would you do that? PLEASE don't do that again. I saved nearly $200 by buying Target gift cards at HyVee to use for gift cards at Target. I would really hate for them to decide next year that I can't do it because you wanted to "fess up".

That's exactly what I was thinking. Good grief!
Are we being trolled here?? It's gotta be a troll, right? I mean c'mon...this is utterly ridiculous. I'm not catholic but if you felt guilty maybe you should've gone to a priest to clear your conscience...

I went in to flip my cards last night. I had $1500 and was going to split it so I didn't feel bad clearing out one store or anything. I grabbed 8 $100s and was going to pass self checkout and grab a candy bar then double back - but no employees were watching self checkout so I grabbed an open register. If I'd known it would be that easy I would have grabbed them all then. I had a few groceries to pick up, so I ran those out to my car (I would have just put them in my purse but I didn't have it) then grabbed a basket, 7 more gift cards, my groceries, and hit the other self checkout. Went home and transferred the balances to a couple gift cards that I've had for several months. I even had $50 from swagbucks that I had printed, since last time it gave me the access code issue (even the printed ones did, and the employee had to come enter them in manually). No issues this time, just scanned as usual.
How many target gift cards did you use in one transaction? Is there a limit?

I even had $50 from swagbucks that I had printed, since last time it gave me the access code issue (even the printed ones did, and the employee had to come enter them in manually). No issues this time, just scanned as usual.

Did you scan from the SB's link or did you store it in the Target website and scan from that? I've been holding off on using some SB Target GC's cause I don't like the access code thing. It was such a pain last time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter