Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait, just realized we will be gone 8/31 to 9/4 and 9/13 to 9/23. Better make sure I don't earn too many fuel points, since I would be buying on 8/31!

DP on Dosh. I bought a $200 Sam's gift card. Received the $20 almost immediately.
Why did you buy Sam's gift cards and not Disney gift cards? Just trying to figure out what the strategy should be with this and if it is worth a Sam's membership.

Why did you buy Sam's gift cards and not Disney gift cards? Just trying to figure out what the strategy should be with this and if it is worth a Sam's membership.

I'm guessing they have a Sam's Club membership and could then save another 3% or so buying Disney cards through Sam's Club.

As to whether it's worth it, it depends how many many gift cards you are planning to buy and how cheap you can get a membership for.

Thanks to whomever posted about Dosh. I went yesterday and got 14.50 back on $150 cards and then went today and got another. Going to keep going 7ntil the deal runs out. Figured it up today, with discount from sams, 1% from Amex, and 10% from dosh im saving about 14%. Not going until next year so have plenty of time to earn rewards!

I'm guessing they have a Sam's Club membership and could then save another 3% or so buying Disney cards through Sam's Club.

As to whether it's worth it, it depends how many many gift cards you are planning to buy and how cheap you can get a membership for.
But I didn’t think you could buy GC with GC?

Thanks to whomever posted about Dosh. I went yesterday and got 14.50 back on $150 cards and then went today and got another. Going to keep going 7ntil the deal runs out. Figured it up today, with discount from sams, 1% from Amex, and 10% from dosh im saving about 14%. Not going until next year so have plenty of time to earn rewards!
So you went to Sam's and used the card you have linked thru DOSH to buy $150 (3 pack of $50) Disney Gift Cards? I am going to do this too! I thought the maximum DOSH return is $20, though. Is that just per transaction?

So you went to Sam's and used the card you have linked thru DOSH to buy $150 (3 pack of $50) Disney Gift Cards? I am going to do this too! I thought the maximum DOSH return is $20, though. Is that just per transaction?

Yes, that is what I did. I think the there is limit per day. Mine shows $20 limit but looks like it’s $20 per day.

I went to Target today and boy have things changed! I haven't been on the board much since we went to WDW in January, due to post Disney depression. Without having a firm date of when we are going back, I just didnt have it in me. But I learned the hard way that I should have been following this thread!

I have been putting money into my "Saving 4 Disney" account. I have been working swagbucks, and I have been working coupons at Target, so that I could collect their $5 and $10 gift cards when there is a special on something we need. Today I went to my nearest Target to exchange $105 of little cards to be combined onto one card. Boy that was a pain! The system doesn't let them do that any more, so I "bought" a $105 gift card with all my little cards. I did this at the customer service desk when there was no line, and by the time the cashier had typed in all those numbers for each card, there was a line. Fortunately, no one was in a hurry!

Then I ran to pick up a few things, as well as a $100 gift card. Then ran to the check out line, got everything rung up and tried to pay with my gift card. The bill was only $133 and change, and when I handed over my gift card, it said that I could only apply it to $33.xx. OK, that's new to me. Then I asked for my gift card back, since there was over $60 left on it, and the cashier had thrown it away. :mad::mad::mad::mad::(:scared::scared: When I made her look for it, she found one for$29 and insisted that's what I had given her. Fortunately, one of the cashiers from customer service came by, remembered me,and called over a manager to straighten things out. By then, I was late for picking up my son at school, and I had to leave everything behind, but I have my $105 Target gift card back. WHEW!!!

The worst part was that the cashier kept acting like I was trying to rip off the store. I will get that Disney gift card, but it will be when I have a bigger shopping list, and I will go to a different Target!

I went to Target today and boy have things changed! I haven't been on the board much since we went to WDW in January, due to post Disney depression. Without having a firm date of when we are going back, I just didnt have it in me. But I learned the hard way that I should have been following this thread!

I have been putting money into my "Saving 4 Disney" account. I have been working swagbucks, and I have been working coupons at Target, so that I could collect their $5 and $10 gift cards when there is a special on something we need. Today I went to my nearest Target to exchange $105 of little cards to be combined onto one card. Boy that was a pain! The system doesn't let them do that any more, so I "bought" a $105 gift card with all my little cards. I did this at the customer service desk when there was no line, and by the time the cashier had typed in all those numbers for each card, there was a line. Fortunately, no one was in a hurry!

Then I ran to pick up a few things, as well as a $100 gift card. Then ran to the check out line, got everything rung up and tried to pay with my gift card. The bill was only $133 and change, and when I handed over my gift card, it said that I could only apply it to $33.xx. OK, that's new to me. Then I asked for my gift card back, since there was over $60 left on it, and the cashier had thrown it away. :mad::mad::mad::mad::(:scared::scared: When I made her look for it, she found one for$29 and insisted that's what I had given her. Fortunately, one of the cashiers from customer service came by, remembered me,and called over a manager to straighten things out. By then, I was late for picking up my son at school, and I had to leave everything behind, but I have my $105 Target gift card back. WHEW!!!

The worst part was that the cashier kept acting like I was trying to rip off the store. I will get that Disney gift card, but it will be when I have a bigger shopping list, and I will go to a different Target!

Unfortunately, you can no longer use a Target GC to buy a Disney (or other) GC. No more GC-GC transactions.

Doesn't the GC balance print out on your receipt? That should have been evidence enough that you had money left on it. Oh well, glad you got it all figured out!!

Someone on my FB cruise page shared a detailed Dosh explanation from another blog. I'm pasting it here in case it helps someone else. I have not tried this. I don't even use DOSH, but I'll probably walk through these steps and give it a try.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________

For several months, Dosh has helped make Sam’s one of the best ways to save money for Disney. Dosh has announced a limited time increase to the cash back percentage offered at Sam’s. There are several factors that need to be considered to make sure you maximize this opportunity.

• Timing Dosh increased the cash back percentage to 10% on August 23. Their system did not update correctly, so they removed it, and then added it again on August 24. If you made a purchase at Sam’s on August 23, you should have received the basic 2% immediately. You should have received an adjustment for the remaining 8% on August 24. If you didn’t, put a ticket in through Dosh’s support page. Dosh has not announced an end date to this promotion.
  • Maximum You are limited to $20 cash back every 24 hours. To maximize the cash back, you need to spend exactly $200. You also need to make sure you wait at least 24 hours between each purchase.
  • Payment method You have to make the purchase with a credit card linked to your Dosh account. If you use a debit card, you must run it as a credit card. If you have a debit card with a chip in it, the system is running it as a debit card even if you tell it to run as a credit. Dosh is aware of this. Save your receipt and put in a ticket with Dosh support. They should credit your account for the correct amount.
  • Location You have to make your purchase in store. Dosh does not apply to online payments or purchases made through Scan and Go.
  • Disney gift card options Most locations carry Disney gift cards in a $150 pack or a $500 card. A few stores have started selling a $50 Disney gift card. The $50 card is $47.98 which is 4.04% off. The $150 pack at most stores is $144.98 which is 3.35% off, but some stores have it for $142.98 which is 4.68% off. The $500 card is $484.98 which is 3% off.
  • Best option None of the above! Since none of the Disney gift card options would result in spending exactly $200, none of them would allow you to maximize the savings potential of this deal. However, Dosh pays cash back on the purchase of Sam’s gift cards, too. The best option is to buy a $200 Sam’s gift card. You can then use this gift card to buy Disney gift cards. For those of us who have the $150 pack for $144.98, the best option is to use the Sam’s gift card to buy the Disney gift card online (where it’s $142.98). There is one caveat to this – in order to make it the best deal, you need to make sure you have a use for the full Sam’s gift card. Don’t spend more than you need just to save more.
    img_5160.jpg

• Possible extra savings If you are paying with a Visa, you can also earn cash back toward future Uber rides. Even if you don’t use Uber at home, this can be a huge time saver on your Walt Disney World trip. Instead of having to decide between time and money, you can save time by taking a free Uber ride. Download the Uber app and add your Visa to the payment information. Go to Settings and scroll down to Visa Local Offers. Click the box to “Count Me In”. After you click that button, you will earn 5% back automatically when you check out with that card. The Sam’s option has not been showing up for everyone, but it has been working for people even if you don’t see it on your app.
  • Total savings This post makes it look like there’s a lot of steps to this savings method. It’s really extremely simple, it just takes a little set up beforehand. At the end of all of this, how much are we saving? Savings will vary based on which credit card you use and how much the gift cards are in your store. For this calculation, we’ll assume you are getting 1% back from your credit card. The best savings percentage on Disney gift cards is when the $150 gift card pack is $142.98. Some stores carry it at this price, but anyone can buy it online at this price. If you buy a $200 Sam’s gift card, you will get $20 cash back from Dosh, $10 back from Uber, and $2 cash back from your credit card. Use this Sam’s gift card to buy a $150 pack of Disney gift cards. At the end of that purchase, you have invested $200, but you have Disney gift cards worth $150, a Sam’s gift card worth $57.02, and $32 cash back. That is an overall savings of 18.9%.For the most basic savings, let’s assume you do not have a Visa to take advantage of the Uber piece of this offer and you do not have a credit card that pays cash back. You would pay $200 and end up with $150 in Disney gift cards, $57.02 in Sam’s gift cards, and $20 cash back. This is a savings of 13%. This is slightly better than the current Best Buy/Swagbucks deal, plus you can buy larger amounts with Sam’s/Dosh and it doesn’t involve the stressful waiting that comes with Swagbucks.
  • Not a Sam’s member? A Sam’s membership costs $45 so it might seem like joining would eat up all your savings. However, if you use a referral link to buy the membership online, Sam’s will email you a gift card for $20. If you pay with a credit card that’s linked to Dosh, you earn $20 cash back immediately. This does not count toward the $20 per day maximum cash back on purchases. You would still pay $45, but you get $20 back from Sam’s and $20 back from Dosh. That brings the net cost down to $5 for full year’s membership.

Thanks Narnia_girl for posting the steps. It really helps because all these ins and outs are confusing! I am a little weary on everything for security reasons. I am even a little weary on the SB surveys and security but I am doing them. I did a google on Dosh when I first started reading about people using it. I think I will read some more and jump into it. I supposed linking your Disney Visa to Uber would actually work for the Uber credit? I could see us using Uber our next trip because we are staying off site and will have a lot of older kids. Anyone else confident in the Dosh app?

Does anyone know if Target has a limit to how many Disney GCs you can buy in a day online (not at once, but total)? I need about $800 more by Friday, but didn't want to set off a fraud alert or get banned. I have done $500 in the past 24 hours.

Welcome back! sorry it’s under those circumstances- YIKES! That has to be one of the worst cashiers I’ve ever heard of... Or smartest now that I’m actually thinking this through. How did she “find” a gift card with $29 on it unless she accidentally threw that one away too? Glad you got your money back eventually, only thing taking longer would have been having to file a police report for theft! Which that manager might be doing soon with the cashier’s potential shenanigans. I would definitely stay away as well!

Does anyone know if Target has a limit to how many Disney GCs you can buy in a day online (not at once, but total)? I need about $800 more by Friday, but didn't want to set off a fraud alert or get banned. I have done $500 in the past 24 hours.
In store? Limits are only imposed by store managers. Some stores strictly limit to like a couple hindered dollars, others you can buy a couple thousand. Best bet is to go early in the morning and buy what you want. If the cashier stops the transaction from going through and tells you there’s a limit go back that evening and pick up the rest.

Make sure to give it a few hours and then check your gift cards to assure they activated properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter