Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was able to use 6 of the ebay gift cards to purchase $200 worth of Target gift cards and the shipping. I was so nervous when I entered those 5th and 6th ones!

Don't worry. You're good up until 8 (unless you've hit your account limit)!

Hum interesting, because I was trying to use 8. I also had 2 cards that they told me were invalid. Has anyone had problems like that and what did you do? Did you go back to Target or call Ebay?

I know this isn't a DVA thread but I didn't want to start a new thread for this question. I am going to be $94 shy of receiving a second $20 gift card for spending over $1000. I thought about adding a Pirate Adventure Cruise for my kids if it qualifies but I'd still be short. Now, I plan to purchase DLR passes in the near future but will probably buy 3 day tickets and then upgrade them so I can do payments. ANYWAYS, once I go over that next threshold will I receive the bonus or is it only for the same trip?

I thought about adding Memory Maker but eh... not worth it for $20. Not for a short 6 day/4 park day trip anyway.

Any time you go over a $1,000 threshold, you can request the $20 bonus. I fudge my vacation date so that they send it to me sooner rather than closer to my travel date.

Just FYI: To the DVA question - strangely the last three times I've hit my $1000 thresholds in my account, Disney has automatically sent my $20 Bonus cards to me, without asking. I guess I'm okay with this, but just an FYI sometimes you don't even have to request it. I know other posters have commented on this as well so not sure why it happens or if this is a new change for them? The first time (or two) I did initiate the request through the website, but I haven't since that time.

Heather

Just FYI: To the DVA question - strangely the last three times I've hit my $1000 thresholds in my account, Disney has automatically sent my $20 Bonus cards to me, without asking. I guess I'm okay with this, but just an FYI sometimes you don't even have to request it. I know other posters have commented on this as well so not sure why it happens or if this is a new change for them? The first time (or two) I did initiate the request through the website, but I haven't since that time.

Heather
Good to know. My 120 days is tomorrow so I'm going to make a $1,000 payment then request dcl refund my deposit which I paid with a credit card. If DVA sends me a gift card I'll put it right in the account.

Hum interesting, because I was trying to use 8. I also had 2 cards that they told me were invalid. Has anyone had problems like that and what did you do? Did you go back to Target or call Ebay?
Were they invalid or just not ready to be used yet? I've had some take a decent amount longer than others to become active. But I guess I'd call Target if the codes straight up didn't work. Good luck!

Is 20.5% a pretty good percentage as far as what all of you have saved using the GC deals? I got 7 $50 ebay cards and after I get the Disney CGs it comes out to a 20.5% savings. Not sure if I should keep going with a few more of the ebay cards or wait to see if Black Friday gives me a better deal.

Last edited:
Is 20.5% a pretty good percentage as far what all of you have saved using the GC deals? I got 7 $50 ebay cards and after I get the Disney CGs it comes out to a 20.5% savings. Not sure if I should keep going with a few more of the ebay cards or wait to see if Black Friday gives me a better deal.
20.5 is exactly what I came to when I did the math on my transactions from yesterday. I think that is a terrific savings! I'm repeating what I did yesterday but.... have a cardpool order hung up somewhere. The 2nd order I placed with them this morning was delivered hours ago!! Ugh!

Cardpool makes absolutely no sense in how they process orders. I have been waiting 44 hours for mine, but some people get them right away. It's not because I am new and need verification, I have been buying from them for a month.

Wow, many of you are so nasty, but I'm going to move on because if I was as powerful as you think I am, I might just cancel your orders.

For those of you that are nice, will someone that has successfully used Ebay tell me if you had checkout issues where there might be a limit on the number of gift cards you can use? It seemed to not let me use enough gift cards to complete the order and made me use paypal for a small amount. Is that common?

For those nasty people, keep your comments to yourself!!
No one is being nasty but have fun trying to cancel orders. Wont make one bit of difference to me I dont need the discounts. I would like them but Im going to Disney world for 12 days in Oct and then to Disneyland for 14 with or without any discounts ;)

Good to know. My 120 days is tomorrow so I'm going to make a $1,000 payment then request dcl refund my deposit which I paid with a credit card. If DVA sends me a gift card I'll put it right in the account.
I'd love to know if others get theirs automatically after the first initial request. I wanted to mention it since there have been others following in this thread about the DVA. The first time I got another $40 in the mail automatically I was a little alarmed but then I had read someone else had the same, then I had another $20 shortly after that. I honestly need to go back in and validate what they have sent me is what I have earned. That is my biggest pet peeve (and wish list item) is that it doesn't show what you've earned and been sent so it's sometimes hard to keep up unless you have really good notes :) Would be nice if they owed me more!

Heather

Cardpool makes absolutely no sense in how they process orders. I have been waiting 44 hours for mine, but some people get them right away. It's not because I am new and need verification, I have been buying from them for a month.
Agreed totally and I've definitely said exactly this! I've had to wait almost 30 hours and then an hour, then 10 minutes, no rhyme or reason to it. I've done the verification process in the past and I'm not typically ordering a lot at one time. Raise tends to be more consistent but it seems like Raise is clearly not able to keep the Target cards in stock lately.

Heather

will someone that has successfully used Ebay tell me if you had checkout issues where there might be a limit on the number of gift cards you can use? It seemed to not let me use enough gift cards to complete the order and made me use paypal for a small amount. Is that common?
Two days ago eBay let me use 8 codes per order, but yesterday it would only allow 6 codes per order. :badpc:

I'd love to know if others get theirs automatically after the first initial request. I wanted to mention it since there have been others following in this thread about the DVA. The first time I got another $40 in the mail automatically I was a little alarmed but then I had read someone else had the same, then I had another $20 shortly after that. I honestly need to go back in and validate what they have sent me is what I have earned. That is my biggest pet peeve (and wish list item) is that it doesn't show what you've earned and been sent so it's sometimes hard to keep up unless you have really good notes :) Would be nice if they owed me more!

Heather

Hi there! I followed your lead and created a spreadsheet showing both what I paid from the DVA and bonuses received. I've never received an automatic bonus payment, but I suspect its just because I request the bonus before they have time to send it.

Jodie

Hi there! I followed your lead and created a spreadsheet showing both what I paid from the DVA and bonuses received. I've never received an automatic bonus payment, but I suspect its just because I request the bonus before they have time to send it.

Jodie
Aww Jodie - you are good people :) I still have my spreadsheet and just need the time to validate it but you know, that's a great point about you requesting it before they have time to send it automatically. I suspect that's what's happening so thanks for sharing!

Heather

I had a problem like this yesterday, but I think I figured out a solution. Closed my browser and started over. You only get to enter 8 codes in my experience. Working or otherwise. Once you enter this many codes (valid or not), it resets. You might want to call eBay first to see fi they ever had any value. And if not, then call Target. I've ordered quite a few thus far and haven't had a single problem redeeming.

I've gotten mine automatically as well. For my last two vacations (one DLR, one Aulani). They send me an email saying "Thanks for requesting your bonus"...even though I had not requested.

Uh oh, I think I'm also now stuck in the Cardpool black hole! This morning I placed an order (my 3rd this week), not huge, just for the $171-ish needed for $200 worth of ebay gift cards and they still have not sent them yet. The others were delivered almost instantaneously. Oh well, I'm having a bad day in general so this is icing on the cake.
Hope everyone gets their cards soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter