Disney Giftcard

ellataylor

Mouseketeer
Hi,
Has anyone had experience of buying Disney giftcards for use at WDW using a VPN and getting them sent to your email? Was the purchase successfuland how would it work paying for meals, for example?

I don't know about purchasing from the UK via a VPN, but e-giftcards have a barcode that you bring up and scan at the terminal at payment time.

Thank you both!Oh I couldn’t find Disney gift cards in the Disney uk shop online but maybe I was not looking properly! Not for use at WDW anyway.

I just did a search myself - I first went to the official Gift Card site and when you click on the link to get an e-card it directs you to the USA store, with a popup that says that purchases can't be posted to the UK so you must view the UK store. But just close the popup and the US site remains there so I assume you can then just add the e-gift card to the basket and checkout. It says it sends to any valid email address. However I guess it may or may not accept UK credit cards, I don't know?

I have purchased several e-gift cards from the US site and they email them direct to any email address.
You do need a US Postal address to complete the order but I just use the postal address of my home resort at WDW and that works fine.

Many thanks for your help!I just followed your link and went to checkout but it still asks for shipping address even though it’s an E-gift card. Weirdly it seems to have every country in the drop down box but the UK!

I have purchased several e-gift cards from the US site and they email them direct to any email address.
You do need a US Postal address to complete the order but I just use the postal address of my home resort at WDW and that works fine.
Oh I’ve just seen this reply! I shall try with our resort address then. Thank you!

Just to warn others, I went ahead and ordered my E- gift card 5 days ago via VPN, they contacted me 24 hours later asking for my banks telephone number which I gave. 5 days later I still have no gift card but the money has been taken from my account! It’s a large amount and I was hoping to get a few more to cover all our meals but I don’t think I will be after this experience!

Just to warn others, I went ahead and ordered my E- gift card 5 days ago via VPN, they contacted me 24 hours later asking for my banks telephone number which I gave. 5 days later I still have no gift card but the money has been taken from my account! It’s a large amount and I was hoping to get a few more to cover all our meals but I don’t think I will be after this experience!
We also had this delay and security check but only for the first e-gift card order. All subsequent orders were processed and the egift cards received within 24 hours. Might be worth making another small e-gift card purchase to check if this is the case with you now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter