Disney in July

Cindyzgoingtodizny

Dreaming I was there again!
I am 'forcing' my Husband to go with me and our two daughters (8 and 6) to Dis this July. We are staying at the Villas at Wilderness so we can make many of our own meals. I have just a couple of questions. What is the best time of day to beat the crowds in July?
Any suggestions on how to make a synic enjoy himself in spite of himself?

Can't wait to go and see my kids happy faces!

When in July? My DW, DD11, DD6, & I will be there 10-14 July and then off to the DCL and Castaway Cay :cheer2: :cheer2:
We know that it will be HOT most of the day.

The only time to beat the crowds is to be at the park before it opens. Within an hour after opening it begins getting pretty crowded. It also varies with the different parks and which one opens early for resort guests.

Welcome to the Dis, hope we can answer your questions. Your hubby might enjoy himself once he gets a touch of the magic :wizard:

:earsboy: :earsboy: :earsboy: Their are two ways that are the best time to not hit crowds

1.Since your staying at a disney hotel you get the advantage to go to the parks an hour early and/or stay at a chosen park three hours leter. (This site shows you what days, and which park has the 1 hour early and 3 hour later.)

2. If their is a parade and you miss it, 45 % of the people will be watching the parade so all ride lines will probley be shorter. The bad thing about that is that you might not see the character you wanted to see. Ex. Mickey mouse. He is in the parade. SO you might not get to meet him. My friend has been creating a website for disney fans. If it helps try to go on it.

Hope this helped!!!! :wave: :wave: :wave:

I went last year with my 13, 7 and 4 year olds. The weather is hot but it doable. Remember to pack a lot of water. The best thing that we found were those squirt bottles. Purchase one before you get there. Try to hit the back of the parks and work your way forward. Go on the rides during the parades. Most of all remember July the parks are open late. Take a pool break in the afternoon and go back at night. Enjoy. We will be back on the 28th of July!

We will be there the July 6th - 11th - My husband works at Ford Assembly and they have mandatory vacation in July so we didn't have much choice!

Thank you everyone for the great feedback! What a great group you truly are - I know it will be hot, we hope to to take frequent breaks - My biggest concern is the hubby with the pre-disposed negativity and then going the hottest part of the year

We are going to Disney's All Star Resort on July 24-29. We are on a budget and looking for Romantic things to do in Disney for our Anniversary. :love:

We too will be going in July (3-14), as this is my DH's mandatory vacation as well.............must be something with the auto workers. This will be our 4th time going in July, I don't think it's too bad if you remember a few good tips.

A) drink lots of water
B) take a mid-day break (swimming or down time in the room), take advantage of Park Hopping
C) don't over do it (sometimes easier said than done)

My DH was 2 on our first trip, we went early left for a mid-day break (for his nap), then went back of an evening after it cooled off, then we'd take a later night swim before calling it a night. Also, buy or bring a Mister Fan........they are great!

Also, each and every time we've been in July it has rained at least once around mid-day......it helps cool it off a little but be prepared for it to be humid. We live in Missouri we're use to it, but I know some people aren't.

Yep, day shift on the truck side. We live in Lawson (north of Liberty).

Will this be your first trip to WDW?

You might want to invest in Travel Guide Mike or pick-up one of the books about Disney in the stores. They all have suggestions as to iteneraires, etc, in order to best the crowds. Not much way to get by the heat. Like others said, lots of water. Brita bottles have worked great for us. Hopefully your DH will get into the swing of things - sometimes we DH's are just slow when it comes to having fun. Don't let it keep the rest of you from having a ball!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter