Disney Magic Band+ question

WINTER

DIS Veteran
Going on the Fantasy, what can I use my band for? Opening doors? Charging?? anything else?

Honestly I didn't use mine, but if you have kids in the kids club, they can use the MB+ instead of the oceaneer band, which my 7 year old did use.

Going on the Fantasy, what can I use my band for? Opening doors? Charging?? anything else?
Not much else I’m afraid. I believe there is greater benefit to MB in the parks than on the ships since you still need your KTTW too

I was just thinking about this since my adult kids have MB+ from the parks. I think mine would still need to wear their lanyards to be in adult areas because they look young, even though they're almost 20 and 24. We just flew to Orlando and TSA thought the almost 20 yr old was a minor not needing ID. And that 19 yr old was 'carded' when we went in the empty adult pool on the Dream last summer....so I think we'll leave the MB+ at home when we do the Alaska cruise next summer.

I was just thinking about this since my adult kids have MB+ from the parks. I think mine would still need to wear their lanyards to be in adult areas because they look young, even though they're almost 20 and 24. We just flew to Orlando and TSA thought the almost 20 yr old was a minor not needing ID. And that 19 yr old was 'carded' when we went in the empty adult pool on the Dream last summer....so I think we'll leave the MB+ at home when we do the Alaska cruise next summer.

That's a good point. My youngest is the same. That sort of defeat the purpose of the bands if they can't just scan them and check quickly. But I assume most employees in those areas aren't carrying scanners. That will certainly make them less useful for her if that is the case.

Opening doors, charging things to the room. They will also light up/vibrate with the shows in the MDR.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter