• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Magic beds vs RC Oasis Class beds

anjuan

DIS Veteran
Right now I've got a Western Med June 2018 Cruise booked on the Disney Magic with my daughter who will be 13 at the time of sailing. I'm really considering switching to the RC Symphony of the Seas brand new ship with the same itinerary. It's almost $1,000 cheaper and I see a lot of other pluses. My one concern is that I have back problems and with all of the walking a good bed is really important to me. We've been on the Disney Fantasy and Dream and I love their beds. For anyone who's sailed both lines, are the RC Oasis class beds as nice as Disney's?

You may want to check over on cruisecritic.com for information on this topic. It has been a number of years since I traveled on RCCL but there have been mass complaints regarding the beds fleet wide in the last year. There are negative reports from numerous ships. Obviously this is completely subjective and the Symphony isn't built yet so there isn't any real way to know.

I also have back problems and I am hesitant to sail with RCCL again.

I sailed on Anthem of the Seas last October, and have also taken many Disney cruises. I found the bed on Anthem the same or better than the beds on Disney. You should be fine.
Denise

I've got a bad back too and have had no issues on Royal's beds. I've been on Grandeur, Voyager and Allure (and booked for Symphony in 2 years). Amazing cruise line. We went on Allure when our kids were just under 11 and 7, and they loved it. Oasis class is so much fun with lots to do and great shows. I was also on Disney Magic about 5 years ago. I honestly don't have specific memories of the beds on either (which is good as I'd remember if they were bad).

We were on Oasis of the Seas last week. Our group had two cabins and the beds in both cabins had the egg crate foam mattress topper on the bed (under the fitted sheet). We thought the beds were VERY comfortable and I think it's because of the mattress topper. I've read on other forums that if your bed does not have one, your room attendant can get you one if you request it. Ours had them on when we got into the room, and we all slept very well and agreed the beds were comfy.

We sailed on the Oasis during this past President's week and we felt that the bed was terrible. We were in a Jr Suite and it had an egg topper. We find the Disney beds to be much more comfortable.

We are experienced DCL cruisers who love everything Disney except for the price. We just sailed the Harmony (Oasis class) this past week and felt that the bed was just as comfortable as the beds on the Fantasy and Magic. Similar to Symphony, it is a new ship with new mattresses.

We sailed the Oasis in December. The bed was fine but the pillows were terrible!!! Very thin and flat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter