Disney Magic Kingdoms

1st on my board is at 836 trophies. I'm in the 30s now with a little over 500. I can't play all night, so I keep dropping down when I wake up in the morning. I was hoping to finish in the top 50 for the event currency and chests, but it's not looking too great right now.

Meanwhile I am trying to resist leveling up my characters because I'm seriously concerned about the amount of EC I'm going to need to finish the event.

1st on my board is at 836 trophies. I'm in the 30s now with a little over 500. I can't play all night, so I keep dropping down when I wake up in the morning. I was hoping to finish in the top 50 for the event currency and chests, but it's not looking too great right now.

Meanwhile I am trying to resist leveling up my characters because I'm seriously concerned about the amount of EC I'm going to need to finish the event.
I am roughly the same as you in all accounts

How everyone doing in Striking Gold?

My top 5 has gotten really competitive! Been yo-yoing between 1-3 all day, but about 1/2 hour behind one player. Currently only a 21 trophy difference in the top 5. Luckily I’m about 75 trophies ahead of 6th and 7th is about 310 behind. :rotfl2:

I’m in 29th with 275 trophies, 1st place has 512 and 5th has 454. I’ll be happy as long as I can stay in the top 50 to get those 3 chests.

Snow White is at level 4, everyone else is at 5 and ready for 6 except Happy who is one ear hat away from being ready to level. I will get Snow White to level 5 and focus on collecting EC as well as grinding for Grumpy tokens until Sleepy is unlocked.

I have all Snow White characters ready to level up, but I'm afraid to spend the EC. Do we have any idea how much the Queen will cost yet? Still hoping Sleepy will be a Dec 25 gift. I only have 21k in EC.

I have all Snow White characters ready to level up, but I'm afraid to spend the EC. Do we have any idea how much the Queen will cost yet? Still hoping Sleepy will be a Dec 25 gift. I only have 21k in EC.

I'm not counting on getting a character for a gift. That would make people less likely to need to pay to get the queen, and they seem to like to have people run out of time. I have 30K EC at the moment, and I'm trying to get as much as I can since I'm guessing the queen will be a lot. And I'm thinking Sleepy won't be free (would be nice if he is, though). I'm leveling up the "cheap" characters (the ones that cost hundreds of EC to level up instead of the ones that cost thousands) since I'm caught up on the story and want to do something. I hope I'll have enough though.

I am roughly the same as you in all accounts

Think I'm in the same leaderboard as you two. Number 1 in my board now has 931, and I'm 39 with 503. It's going to be a struggle from now on to stay in the top 50... I think I need to pull both Happy and Dopey out from gathering Grumpy tokens to getting the trophies...

My top 5 has gotten really competitive! Been yo-yoing between 1-3 all day, but about 1/2 hour behind one player. Currently only a 21 trophy difference in the top 5. Luckily I’m about 75 trophies ahead of 6th and 7th is about 310 behind. :rotfl2:

Mine is similar - though #1 is way out ahead and then 2-5 have been swapping around. At this point all are like 60+ ahead of #6 which is all that really matters

First time for one I tried entering the event later and it seems to be paying off as I am currently in 3rd with 446 vs last event I was in 7th place with 811

For everyone who lost sleep (including myself) to get to the top of the leader board, good luck getting Grumpy. I’m only at 16 owls and 7 hats. I really don’t want to have to spend a lot on gambling chests at the end.

I am currently #2 with 411 trophies. I started about a day and a half into the event. And no, I have never once foolishly set my alarm to wake up all night long to stay in the top 5 of a pointless online game. I value my life, my job, and my health too much to be doing that. :confused3

I am currently #2 with 411 trophies. I started about a day and a half into the event. And no, I have never once foolishly set my alarm to wake up all night long to stay in the top 5 of a pointless online game. I value my life, my job, and my health too much to be doing that. :confused3
my boards number one has 1,090 trophies...

For this kind of event, I usually wind up accidentally starting early by tapping around too quickly. This time I really took care NOT to tap on trophies. Paid off.
I live in Japan so I guess they take Disney here really seriously... I stilk don't have all characters and rides for the trophies so i can forget about a top placement :/

Came in 30th, so got the three chests. No Grumpy, but I am now halfway to getting all of his owls (Yay?), and I did get a dwarf ears hat stand, which I'm taking as a win - at least it was something more interesting than happiness.

I finished in 3rd with 499. The 5 chests gave me 5 owls, 3 ears, 300 EC, a Queen's Throne, and a Snow White bench. My totals so far are 24 owls and 13 ears. No chance of Grumpy at this pace. Not wasting gems in chests unless I am within a couple of items.

The good news is I ended up 4th and got my 5 magical chests. The bad news is most chests were a joke. First got me an owl, second got me 1 +5 happiness Card, 3rd 2 ears and the 4th and 5th got me 100 EC, some happiness and a worthless decoration.

I did bite the bullet and bought enough chest to get my Grumpy Wednesday night. I spend just over 400 of my gem reserve on magical chests and any gems I made during the event went into buying chests. I’m guessing it cost 600 - 700 gems total?

Last edited:
I did bite the bullet and bought enough chest to get my Grumpy Wednesday night. I spend just over 400 of my gem reserve on magical chests and any gems I made during the event went into buying chests. I’m guessing it cost 600 - 700 gems total?

I spent just over 600 on mine. I had been hoarding for ages (including logging in on two devices every day to collect 4 movie gems) and had just over 1,400 so it didn't feel so bad. Have Grumpy at level 7 now!

Anyone think they know how high we have to level Snow White to finish this event? Mine is at L4 right now, and I have all the stuff to level her up, but it's a whopping 2,800 EC and I'm worried about spending that much and then not having enough for the Queen.

As you might be able to tell, I'm tired of sitting here making no progress and waiting for the next part of the event to begin. I'm glad there's extra time so people who aren't there yet can catch up though. If I could only get that last Shere Khan ear hat... that would keep me from doing anything about this for the next 24 hrs :P

I got burned by this trophy event because I was too close to leveling up Grumpy. I came in second and won the five chests, but as it turns out I only really needed two chests. The other three were a waste. It did allow me to go one over in the ear hats, but had I leveled him up before the event ended, I would have had better luck. Turning over nothing but happiness and other small miscellaneous prizes was a let down... suddenly the red cards stopped. Ugh.

As you might be able to tell, I'm tired of sitting here making no progress and waiting for the next part of the event to begin. I'm glad there's extra time so people who aren't there yet can catch up though. If I could only get that last Shere Khan ear hat... that would keep me from doing anything about this for the next 24 hrs :P
Are you trying to welcome him or bring him to 10?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter