Disney Magic Kingdoms

So - I did end up getting the Queen. The morning the event ended, I finally got the last token I needed.

What I don't get is this: If my hubby and I have the same characters, spent the same $$ on the game for this event, then how in the world did he get the Queen 3 days before the event ended? We both work, and check-in on the game the same amount of times. If the drops are considered Epic, then shouldn't everyone receive drops at the same time, maybe +/- a drop or two?

While the Queen was difficult to get, it was nowhere near as bad as the Queen of Hearts from AIW. I don't think I gathered 1/2 the tokens required. Granted, I was in Cabo for a work conference, but still - I checked in on the game as much as possible, and got nothing.

In any case: From here on out I want to focus on Jungle Book, and getting all my characters to level 10. I really hope they don't have another timed event for 2-3 months...

Oh man I wish my job took me to Cabo. I’m jealous!

I can't imagine being a new player for an event like this. On the plus side, they do seem to utilize a lot of characters you get early on in the game. At the same time though there were characters involved (Belle, Gaston, etc) that could only be obtained from prior events. I know the lack of event currency alone would have killed my chance at the Queen had I not had them.

Yes! I joined right after BATB and I felt so behind. Can’t imagine being completely new right now. Although I did fork over some money for the batb chests bc after lion king, batb is my second fav Disney movie. But yeah I’m glad I had them now to collect for this event.

I'm curious what percentage of players have completed the story and are stuck at endgame vs. slower/newer players who are continuing along it. Likewise I wonder what sort of pull events have on drawing new people to the game. If the events have been successful in growing the player base and therefore its revenue streams, thats a pretty plausible explanation for why the devs have been more focused on the events than storyline.

Question- now that I have most of my characters living at home or out on 24-hr quests, I don't know if they could be helping w tasks to level up my Snow White characters. I know to check the gadgets and hats in the level up screen. For instance, I just pulled Ham out from Home to help Snow White- i figured this out by clicking on the blue bird. However, I wouldn't have sent Woodie on a 24-hr task had I known he could help w Snow White's hat.

So.... I was wondering if anyone found a reference that lists all the characters that help with each specific gadget or hat on the Fandom wiki?

PS I am so enjoying the current slow pace of the game!

You are not alone. It's actually really annoying that they keep making them pay events. It's should be main story line and then an occasional timed event maybe for like holidays or something. It used to be very good, that everything was main story line, now DMK just looks greedy, and that's not a good sign.

Its Disney so having that name automatically creates interest and means $

Question- now that I have most of my characters living at home or out on 24-hr quests, I don't know if they could be helping w tasks to level up my Snow White characters. I know to check the gadgets and hats in the level up screen. For instance, I just pulled Ham out from Home to help Snow White- i figured this out by clicking on the blue bird. However, I wouldn't have sent Woodie on a 24-hr task had I known he could help w Snow White's hat.

So.... I was wondering if anyone found a reference that lists all the characters that help with each specific gadget or hat on the Fandom wiki?

PS I am so enjoying the current slow pace of the game!

There is a list for all tokens, I think you would be better returning everyone home and using the character book, then you can send those not needed back home. Here is the list

http://disneymagickingdomswiki.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Tokens?page=1

I think you would be better returning everyone home and using the character book, then you can send those not needed back home. Here is the list

Totally agree about doing this. I also recommend that this be done after you start leveling up a character. For example, I had Goofy sent home. I started a 16-hour upgrade for the Mad Hatter. Goofy now has tasks that would help me to get the Mad Hatter to level 10. If I hadn't brought him back for happiness, I would have never thought to send him on tasks.

I don't think the drops are truly random (meaning no pattern/logic/rationale), rather I thought the drops of each level all had the same probability of happening (e.g., 95% chance of a common item, 75% for an uncommon, etc. - I totally made up the probabilities as examples). So it doesn't matter what's happened previously, each time you finish a task with the possibility of getting an item, there is a x% chance of getting the item. It's same no matter how many times you do the task (i.e., each time, the probability is the same, and not dependent on the past). So two people could be playing absolutely the same amount, but they won't necessarily have the same outcomes because the drops come down to luck. Imagine a jar with 95 green beads and 5 red beads. If you draw one red bead out and then put it back, shake up the jar, and hand it to your husband. He has the same chance of getting a red bead as you did, but he might not get it even though you're drawing from the same jar with the same odds.
Well yes, when I loosely used "random" I was certainly thinking of probability and ratio. But my point to the original poster over her faulty logic is that just because she and her husband live in the same household doesn't mean that one won't finish three days ahead of the other.

I'm curious what percentage of players have completed the story and are stuck at endgame vs. slower/newer players who are continuing along it. Likewise I wonder what sort of pull events have on drawing new people to the game. If the events have been successful in growing the player base and therefore its revenue streams, thats a pretty plausible explanation for why the devs have been more focused on the events than storyline.
I don't think that events are truly generating new players. For instance, have Snow White fans really been checking the internet weekly for the past year looking for a game for their favorite princess, and then last month something finally hit? Or are people finding out about the game at or around events and becoming players. I could certainly see a new player getting frustrated during the time of an event and walking away from the game, though. But as far as luring in new players TO the game strictly because of an event??

Question - My game says I'm at lvl 44, and the experience star is full, . Anyone else have any issues of leveling up? Been at a full star for almost 2 days now, curious if this is a glitch. Zoomed in to make sure the star was full and yes it is

Question - My game says I'm at lvl 44, and the experience star is full, . Anyone else have any issues of leveling up? Been at a full star for almost 2 days now, curious if this is a glitch. Zoomed in to make sure the star was full and yes it is
It just takes longer the higher level you are. Im at 53 and the star always seems to be full for a while before I level up.

It just takes longer the higher level you are. Im at 53 and the star always seems to be full for a while before I level up.
I'm at 53 with you, and I truthfully can't say that game play is any different from when we were at 23. What the heck is the point of making us accumulate literally tens of thousands of stars per level for it to have zero impact on the game???????

I'm at 53 with you, and I truthfully can't say that game play is any different from when we were at 23. What the heck is the point of making us accumulate literally tens of thousands of stars per level for it to have zero impact on the game???????
For some reason, every time I level up I think this is going to be the level when something cool is going to happen and then I think why I am such an idiot for thinking something was going to be different

I can't imagine being a new player for an event like this. On the plus side, they do seem to utilize a lot of characters you get early on in the game. At the same time though there were characters involved (Belle, Gaston, etc) that could only be obtained from prior events. I know the lack of event currency alone would have killed my chance at the Queen had I not had them.
I've only been playing 3 months, AIW was my first event, so i had some idea It's a bit overwhelming when you are still trying to make progress on the main storyline, but I basically put that on hold. I probably made a mistake with this one and used my few gems early on to get the concessions. So I did buy a couple of gem/EC bundles to make up for that and help with Grumpy. I was reluctant to spend real money but it was close to Christmas and so I treated myself to Happy and Dopey, I think it was? I hated the gambling aspect of it, and the (I guess self-imposed) pressure to try and succeed with getting all the characters in the time. I spent too much time, lost too much sleep, tried to be strategic in my play, paced myself on Grumpy and used every gem that came my way. I needed the chests from the mini events to make it, but that last one was really hard for a newbie, there was no chance of being top 50. So, I made it, but it was stressful and I didn't enjoy it, particularly. The dwarves are cute- and I wanted them all. Another time I will only spend money if I reallly want the characters. I accept there be gaps. I never usually spend money on games, so they are very clever to get me to do so! I think any game should be enjoyable and playable without spending money, especially when there are so many ads to watch.

So I don't know if this is going to help anyone, but just in case....

Currently, visiting home, I have:

Lumiere, Mike, Jafar, Abu, Aladdin, Mulan, Scar, Rafiki, Jasmine, Zazu, Timon, Belle, Kristoff, Wall-E, Anna, Violet, Olaf, Frozone, Dash, Chief Bogo, Sarge, Beast, Merryweather,
Pumbaa, Flora, Jack Sparrow, Daisy, Prince Phillip, Aurora, Cinderella, Flynn, Carpet, Rapunzel, Dale, Eve, Boo, Pluto, Mrs. Potts, Nala, Sven, Chip, Nick Wilde, Judy Hopps,
Hans, Sulley, Will Turner, Simba, Chip (BATB), Celia Mae, Bullseye, Donald, Elsa, Genie, Fauna, Iago, Maximus, Roz, Cogsworth, Mrs. Incredible, Flash, Syndrome, Elizabeth Swann,
Mr. Incredible, and Rex

I do remember that Bell & Lumiere help with dwafs as do Elsa and Anna and I THINK Cogsworth and Chip have a team task to help with the dwafs. Currently I am waiting to level up the characters they assist with so I sent them home for the time being. I've also noticed that Shere Khan is only helpful in gathering those prickly pear paw things of which I don't need any more. I don't know why the home feature doesn't group them together, but hopefully this helps someone out. Currently I'm working on leveling up Shere Khan, Bagheera, all of the Alice crew, and all of the Snow White crew.

Hope this was able to help someone, :)

I don't bother with keeping track of costumes for items either. I have been changing them with the seasons just because they're cute (I do have at least some spring and Halloween costumes I earned collecting fabric) , although I doubt I'll bother now that I have many of my characters "home" at any given time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter