Disney Magic Kingdoms

With four and a half hours left to the event, just wanted to remind everyone to be sure your event currency is on the even side and not odd. This way you maximize your gem conversion at the end. Good luck in these final hours.

Actually on both this event and Snow White, I was somewhat under an even amount, and the interns rounded up! I ended with 79,473 today and got 40 gems. No idea where the cutoff is... maybe if you’re more than halfway to the next even number?

Last edited:
Actually on both this event and Snow White, I was somewhat under an even amount, and the interns rounded up! I ended with 79,473 today and got 40 gems. No idea where the cutoff is... maybe if you’re nore than halfway to the next even number?
Good eye. Same thing happened for me. I wound up just about 60 currency short, and still got my 35. Nicely played, interns.

Interesting. So, you may have seen the pop-up for Snow White Legendary chests. You might have also seen, that it says "includes Grumpy tokens." So I went to Grumpy. And saw that I need 40 Owls and 30 Ear Hats (I totally did not focus on getting Grumpy during the event). No way am I buying chests for a chance to earn a token, and not Grumpy outright. But then I clicked on the Owl and it showed that Snow White's Cottage is dropping Owl tokens. I verified it by clicking on Snow White's Cottage, and yep. 4 hours X minutes chance of Owl token. Clicking on Grumpy hats didn't show any way to earn them, so I suppose those are only in the special chests.

This is not a real game, but I just finished playing Squish Squash. What is that you ask? It's NONSENSE!!! Hahahaha. So I have recently spent the better part of 90 minutes, almost 2 hours, rearranging my kingdom. I have EVERY character, so as the event began to wind down, I started sending everyone "HOME". It was the only way to guarantee that I would not send anyone into a building and then have Merlin say to me, "Sorry, you can not move buildings when a hero is inside". I hate when that message shows up. So very slowly, everyone went home. Once they were all home, I put every building and every concession into storage to figure things out and try to make things as tight as possible or look somewhat properly clustered. That lasted for three minutes. So I got all the buildings back out, and then I started moving around the park and dotted my concession stands. Doing this, left me with two plots of land OPEN. The patch just in front of It's A Small World, and then to the immediate left of that, is also open. I will try to take photos and post. I do NOT have the Haunted Mansion and I do NOT have Splash Mountain. I could fit them, if I chose to buy them now, however, since I'm out of a job (giving me time to actually finagle all these buildings), I'm not planning on buying anything or spending gems on unnecessary attractions, even though it would be nice to have.

My apologize for crazy ramblings, and thank you all for reading/listening

Special thanks to @lmmatooki for being a wonderful inspiration on playing, what I now call Squish Squash! :tink:

This is not a real game, but I just finished playing Squish Squash. What is that you ask? It's NONSENSE!!! Hahahaha. So I have recently spent the better part of 90 minutes, almost 2 hours, rearranging my kingdom. I have EVERY character, so as the event began to wind down, I started sending everyone "HOME". It was the only way to guarantee that I would not send anyone into a building and then have Merlin say to me, "Sorry, you can not move buildings when a hero is inside". I hate when that message shows up. So very slowly, everyone went home. Once they were all home, I put every building and every concession into storage to figure things out and try to make things as tight as possible or look somewhat properly clustered. That lasted for three minutes. So I got all the buildings back out, and then I started moving around the park and dotted my concession stands. Doing this, left me with two plots of land OPEN. The patch just in front of It's A Small World, and then to the immediate left of that, is also open. I will try to take photos and post. I do NOT have the Haunted Mansion and I do NOT have Splash Mountain. I could fit them, if I chose to buy them now, however, since I'm out of a job (giving me time to actually finagle all these buildings), I'm not planning on buying anything or spending gems on unnecessary attractions, even though it would be nice to have.

Special thanks to @lmmatooki for being a wonderful inspiration on playing, what I now call Squish Squash! :tink:

This is actually how I plan to spend a couple hours on my days off this week and this was exactly my plan on how I’d accomplish it - send everyone home, store everything and then work from buildings down through concessions and decorations.

I’m actually tempted by the Snow White chests for the first time ever as they are the only characters I’m missing... so much so that I spent 60 Gems on one this morning and I got Happy!!! (Literally and figuratively lol) I’m still missing the Evil Queen and Grumpy but it also gave me another Owl token. I have 170 gems (I got 31 from EC this morning and 20 when Happy gave me a full set of characters) considering I spent however many it was for Hook during the Pooh event I think I’m doing pretty well! I’m up to 24k and change in Merlin’s potions or spells or whatever so I’m getting decently close to getting Hook’s ship too.

You fit everything but those 2 attractions? Were you able to keep themes together? I tried last night, but I still couldn't fit 2 Frozen and 2 Zootopia attractions. I think the problem is that I have themes grouped.

I’ve always felt that event floats are probably the best investments you can make during an event. It’s the first thing I buy for an event. Pooh’s float makes 450 EC for each parade. If you can run 3 a day that’s an additional 1350 EC a day. Not sure the exact number of days for this event but to simplify the math let’s say 30 days. That means a float could potentially add 40K EC, or 20 gems, if you get it from the start and run 3 floats a day!

It looks like I’m going to end up with around 56K EC, so I’m happy with the 28 gems I’ll be getting. :thumbsup2

Hmm. It looks like it might have been the float then. 1350/day would definitely add up over a month. I ended up at 56K this morning. I didn't get the float since I don't find them helpful after the even and I was trying to save my gems since I burned up so many getting Grumpy. Good to know for next time. But I ended up with more gems by NOT buying it, so I'm not sure what I'll do next time.

This is actually a really good idea. I have things all over the place and it's hurting my OCD brain to have everything jumbled together. When I get some decent magic banked and more space opened up, I'm going to try the same thing.

I’ve always felt that event floats are probably the best investments you can make during an event. It’s the first thing I buy for an event. Pooh’s float makes 450 EC for each parade. If you can run 3 a day that’s an additional 1350 EC a day. Not sure the exact number of days for this event but to simplify the math let’s say 30 days. That means a float could potentially add 40K EC, or 20 gems, if you get it from the start and run 3 floats a day!

Except, that you had to pay 50 gems for the float in the first place. Using your math, you are down -30 gems over not buying it at all. I buy all the floats too, but I do it to be "complete," and for the token drops during the event when we are time sensitive.

Except, that you had to pay 50 gems for the float in the first place. Using your math, you are down -30 gems over not buying it at all. I buy all the floats too, but I do it to be "complete," and for the token drops during the event when we are time sensitive.

That's true, but they also give items for Winnie the Pooh characters. I’d say I averaged atleast 1 item a day from the float. I know I got atleast 3 or 4 Pooh hats.

Also, I don't think I’ve ever bought the float with gems. It’s always my real money purchase. I like to give the games a little bit of money each event and it's the littlest I can give. :rotfl: Seriously though, That's the one item I purchase with real cash, and on the rare occasion that my gem stash is low I might purchase a character/attraction promo offer.

A premature (and since removed) upload to the gameloft site has led a peek into what the next event will probably be. Peek if you dare, it's up to you if you blab the surprise to the masses.

A2720_A1_B_E580_4405_9176_A4_E5_B9_F44_B61.jpg

3_E2_FF246_327_E_4356_A80_A_F9_AEC5_F5_F511.jpg

C38_A7_CA6_B5_A1_4666_8_A79_38_CD2_B85_ABC9.jpg

E3_FB760_B_18_E5_4_F30_8_D1_B_590_CC458_C228.jpg

It's not the float. It think the float only gives 400-ish event credit every two hours, plus the four hour cool down period. So that isn't doing it. With the crazy reduction in credit for quests, it hasn't really been possible to make it to 80k outright, so I'm guessing two things are at play here. First, she's mid-point with most of her Pooh characters. I have mine at 7 ready for 8 (Eeyore and Tigger are both maxed out at 10), but even then I don't think I'd be at 80k. Close though. I'm at 63,500 right now. I also figure she might have fallen for some of these "promotions" that the interns are offering. Currently, you can buy 250 gems for ten bucks and get 15,000 in event currency "free". If I bothered, then I'd be over 80k. In the end, though, those 15,000 are a difference of only 7 lousy gems. At least at 16,000 we'd get 8. Not worth it at all.

Now granted, I can't be sure. But those two factors definitely make sense based on the new lower event task yields for currency.
I got 80K in currency by doing several things:
1) Checked in as frequently as I could around work with shorter quests, did 1 hour quests when not grabbing tokens when at home, especially Jessie and Goofy 6 min quests, and then calculated the times for the longer quests over night (eg. Mike/Sully 6 hour quest together earned more EC than their 2 separate 4 hour quests, etc.)
2) Bought the parade float with my gems immediately and ran it constantly
3) Placed in the top 10 or higher on all trophy mini events to get extra EC.
4) Didn't level up my event characters past level 4/5, knowing that I had plenty of time and magic to do it post event, allowing me to do shorter quests for honey dippers/combs and get the EC, even when maxed out on the items for the books
5) Bought a bundle for Tigger early to get EC, a concession stand that gave EC, and Tigger of course. Allowed me in my own way to say thanks to the interns for keeping the game going.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter