Disney Magic Kingdoms

Excuse me, you were the one who made the pronouncement, seemingly for all, by declaring it schlock. All I did was point out the audience for DMK is a lot bigger than just you. I never shared MY opinion on the addition at all.
But it should be just for me. I have far better ideas for this game than Gameloft is ever going to present. The one idea that is making me smile right now is one that I'm probably better off not sharing :) :) :) Poor, poor brother Tadashi ;)

People were losing their mind that it MIGHT be cars. But then it ends up Big Hero 6, and people are like, "gah! It isn't even really Disney." Doesn't matter, I'm just here for the commentary until Thursday when we see what new interns will mess up the livestream. Then everyone will be like "well, 2 gem characters, a new villain with stupid low drop rates, and a 4 week long event. Tappers will be those weird wind balloons and rogue nanobots that you can't see."
Then we will hear the complaining about the length of the event, at which point it will end, with a trophy collection before the teaser for the next event. Wash, rinse, repeat.

Mary Poppins WAS a film of the 1960s.
But that's my point. It had the feel of the Disney films of that era, so even though it wasn't an original Disney character, they still made it their own. Same as they had with Winnie the Pooh, Cinderella, Pinocchio, Beauty and the Beast...

For me, it's less about the character rights and more about the film. Mary Poppins felt like the live actions films of the 60's. Meet the Robinsons and Big Hero 6 didn't strike me as Disney films.

Meet the Robinsons was a great movie! Music was good too! Can't say much about Big Hero 6, it was okay but not even Meet the Robinsons good.

Oh my goodness, I forgot about Meet the Robinsons! I enjoyed that movie!

Sounds like I'm the only one ready for a new event, and looking forward to Big Hero 6. Then again, sometimes I think the title of this thread should be renamed to something like Disney Magic Kingdom Rants and Moans... :charac2:

So...

Toy Alien: still ready for 8

Fairy Godmother: 8

Peter Pan: 4
Wendy: Ready for 6
Hook: Ready for 7

Thumper: Ready for 4
Bambi: still trying to welcome
Flower: Ready for 3

Mowgli: 8
Baloo: Ready for 7
Shere Khan: 4

Jack Jack: Ready for 3

Queen of Hearts: 9

Sneezy is leveling for 10
Snow White: Ready for 9
Evil Queen: Ready for 8
Grumpy: 8
Sleepy: 9

Pooh: 6
Eeyore: Ready for 9
Tigger: Ready for 9
Kanga: Ready for 9
Roo: Ready for 7
Piglet: 7
Rabbit: Ready for 9

Nani: Ready for 8
Lilo: 6
Stitch: Ready for 7
Angel: 7
Pleakley: Ready for 8
Jumba: Ready for 7

The rest are maxed. I'm planning on leveling up characters during this next event for the first time so I can get closer to being caught up.

People were losing their mind that it MIGHT be cars. But then it ends up Big Hero 6, and people are like, "gah! It isn't even really Disney." Doesn't matter, I'm just here for the commentary until Thursday when we see what new interns will mess up the livestream. Then everyone will be like "well, 2 gem characters, a new villain with stupid low drop rates, and a 4 week long event. Tappers will be those weird wind balloons and rogue nanobots that you can't see."
Then we will hear the complaining about the length of the event, at which point it will end, with a trophy collection before the teaser for the next event. Wash, rinse, repeat.

Pretty much how I feel. I’m basical meh over Big Hero 6, but don’t think I’d be excited about any characters. Just not ready for another event. Especially an event, if things hold true to form, will be 3-4 weeks.

Ha ha ha...true...soooooo true

So...

Toy Alien: still ready for 8

Fairy Godmother: 8

Peter Pan: 4
Wendy: Ready for 6
Hook: Ready for 7

Thumper: Ready for 4
Bambi: still trying to welcome
Flower: Ready for 3

Mowgli: 8
Baloo: Ready for 7
Shere Khan: 4

Jack Jack: Ready for 3

Queen of Hearts: 9

Sneezy is leveling for 10
Snow White: Ready for 9
Evil Queen: Ready for 8
Grumpy: 8
Sleepy: 9

Pooh: 6
Eeyore: Ready for 9
Tigger: Ready for 9
Kanga: Ready for 9
Roo: Ready for 7
Piglet: 7
Rabbit: Ready for 9

Nani: Ready for 8
Lilo: 6
Stitch: Ready for 7
Angel: 7
Pleakley: Ready for 8
Jumba: Ready for 7

The rest are maxed. I'm planning on leveling up characters during this next event for the first time so I can get closer to being caught up.
Sounds like you are still holding up your own, even though you are working so much. Glad you are still posting!!!!!

A new event is fine, and I'll collect all the characters as per usual, I'd just like a break, between finishing one and starting the next. The ONLY reason this annoys me, is because they sent out that silly survey that I know pretty much everyone on this board got and filled out and I'm fairly certain that a VERY SMALL percentage of us said, "yeah, we want events back to back" Breaks are nice!

In other news, this is my progress....

Toy Alien - collecting for 10

Fairy Godmother - ready for 10

Peter Pan - collecting for 8
Wendy - ready for 10

Thumper - moving to 5
Bambi - collecting for 3
Flower - collecting for 5

Jack Jack - collecting for 4

Nani - ready for 10
Lilo - collecting for 9
Stitch - collecting for 7
Angel - collecting for 10
Cobra Bubbles - ready for 10

Everyone else is maxed out. Being that 4 of them are ready for 10, maybe I'll have them done before the next event starts? I'm not holding my breath though.

Happy.....eventing.... to all. I know, that's not a word

Sounds like you are still holding up your own, even though you are working so much. Glad you are still posting!!!!!
I'm trying to hang on the best I can! I am lucky enough to finally get some time off today and tomorrow. I always think about going on here after work and then I fall asleep haha! I also might be able to do the live stream.

Last edited:
If anyone had played VMK, which was Disney's best game of all time, they had mini games involved where you could play against other players. Wouldn't it be great if DMK added mini games, within the game to earn potions, elixirs etc? I understand the game is built around quests and building a park, just think we would spend more time in game after you collect all potions, quests, you need to wait to go back into game. What's your thoughts?

If anyone had played VMK, which was Disney's best game of all time, they had mini games involved where you could play against other players. Wouldn't it be great if DMK added mini games, within the game to earn potions, elixirs etc? I understand the game is built around quests and building a park, just think we would spend more time in game after you collect all potions, quests, you need to wait to go back into game. What's your thoughts?
Gameloft included a social aspect on their last survey. Not that we ever hear the results of these surveys. Or that they actually care about what we have to say anyway. As far as we can tell, they have lots of stuff programmed for upcoming events and then they run surveys hoping that the results will reflect what they've already created. Cart before the horse, interns. Cart before the horse.

I've thought for a while that it would be awesome if the rides had mini-games "inside" them inspired by the real life attractions. Just as a different way to keep us engaged and playing longer, since right now game-play is pretty much 2 or 3 minutes every 4-8 hours. Even with events, it's still a very brief period of play and then a long span of waiting. I know Gameloft's My Little Pony game (which is the same kind of world-building setup as DMK, also incorporating a curse from a villain) incorporates mini-games, but I don't remember exactly how. I believe each building has one of two or three mini-games that allows you to earn more happiness or something like that? I feel like bringing something like that to DMK would require a complete overhaul though, removing some aspect we already have - these games can only be so big after all.

Considering sitting this event out, though I do like having stuff in the game to do and I don't completely dislike these characters (There are definitely some movies this game could introduce I'd avoid like the plague) so I might play for the sake of playing. I guess we'll see how the live-stream goes tomorrow, but I already have some characters wandering around I wish I'd skipped so BH6 is a tossup right now.

In everyone's opinion, what characters do you think are worth spending gems on? I haven't bought any but I'm curious to find out who may be more valuable. They're so pricey.

In everyone's opinion, what characters do you think are worth spending gems on? I haven't bought any but I'm curious to find out who may be more valuable. They're so pricey.

Honestly, I would buy the one you like the most. What is important is that you are happy with your choice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter