Disney Magic Kingdoms

Ok, honesty time...

Is there a single good reason to keep decorations? I've kept one of every decoration I've ever gotten since this game launched but they clutter my park and are a pain to store/place when I have to reorganize.

I'm seriously tempted to sell them all to Merlin. I think it would get me the Alien on Day 1.

So now Lion King is finished I can continue Zootopia quests finally have Chief Bogo at Level 2
When can I build Race track?
What triggers Jungle Book characters?
and Merlin poped up saying unlock more land the Malificent poped up saying something I cannot recall what but everything is saying coming soon?

So now Lion King is finished I can continue Zootopia quests finally have Chief Bogo at Level 2
When can I build Race track?
What triggers Jungle Book characters?
and Merlin poped up saying unlock more land the Malificent poped up saying something I cannot recall what but everything is saying coming soon?

1. You can't. Only available in Platinum Chests.
2. Finishing the full Zootopia quest chain. The Race Track is not required.
3. You've probably already unlocked the area the quest mentioned, if you can't find a new area to unlock.

I just leveled the Alien up to Level 2. He needs 7 balls, 2 claws and 2 hats for Level 3. He can get the claws by doing a 6-hour task. The hats must still be purchased with elixirs.

Maybe it's me, but I don't understand this whole "hoarding" mentality when it comes to gems and now elixirs. The idea is to gather them and then spend them. I have about 15,000 elixirs at this point, and already bought the two attractions from Merlin. So it's possible to spend them on the alien and then gather more. What's the point of gathering a bunch "just in case" they offer another attraction or whatever? We'll have plenty more by then. What's the sense of hoarding items if we're never going to use them? And at the end of the day, use your stuff!

Last edited:

Maybe it's me, but I don't understand this whole "hoard" mentality when it comes to gems and now elixirs. The idea is to gather them and then spend them. I have about 15,000 elixirs at this point, and already bought the two attractions from Merlin. So it's possible to spend them on the alien and then gather more. What's the point of gathering a bunch "just in case" they offer another attraction or whatever? We'll have plenty more by then. What's the sense of hoarding items if we're never going to use them? And at the end of the day, use your stuff!
Exactly! I had already bought everything I could from Merlin -- except chests. (I'll be darned if I spend ridiculous amounts of elixirs on something that I can find on a daily basis.) I was thrilled to be able to use my elixir "stash" for something I really wanted.

You can get the claw for the Toy alien when he's at level 2, then can get his hats once he's at level 3. He will be difficult to level up, but at least it will give us something to do... along with Mowgli and Bagheera :rotfl2: Also, the Toy Alien gives you the Prickly Pear, so that might be a plus for some.

Maybe it's me, but I don't understand this whole "hoard" mentality when it comes to gems and now elixirs. The idea is to gather them and then spend them. I have about 15,000 elixirs at this point, and already bought the two attractions from Merlin. So it's possible to spend them on the alien and then gather more. What's the point of gathering a bunch "just in case" they offer another attraction or whatever? We'll have plenty more by then. What's the sense of hoarding items if we're never going to use them? And at the end of the day, use your stuff!
I agree, however, I think it would have been a better idea to allow for these items to be purchased with elixirs (for those who have them) OR be earned with character tasks. Personally, I have gotten rid of almost every single decoration and the majority of my concessions. I purchased the two attractions and a couple of bronze chests (hoping for nets or gem lures) and now have very few elixirs. I think the people complaining aren't begrudging spending the elixirs. They probably (like me) don't have them to spend.

How do you guys have so much elixier? I only have 8,000 towards the second attraction and I've been saving up for that so the alien is gonna have to wait. I guess I'm gonna be doing a lot of bench farming.

At least I'm welcoming Bagherra.

Anyone know what's the best item (in terms of profit) to buy to then turn around and dump it into Merlin's cauldron? I'm very low on elixirs since I just bought the second ride from Merlin.

Anyone know what's the best item (in terms of profit) to buy to then turn around and dump it into Merlin's cauldron? I'm very low on elixirs since I just bought the second ride from Merlin.

All shop items are worth 2 elixirs.

Benches are the cheapest, but you'll still have to buy/place/withdraw/exchange 9,000 benches to get the Alien to the tune of 3 million magic.

Not worth a character who only gets his own tokens.

All shop items are worth 2 elixirs.

Benches are the cheapest, but you'll still have to buy/place/withdraw/exchange 9,000 benches to get the Alien to the tune of 3 million magic.

Not worth a character who only gets his own tokens.
There was a time when you could buy nearly anything. Now that the Gameloft interns have caught on that people were farming benches, they pulled most of the for-purchase items through the shop and made the remaining ones only worth two elixirs.

Yippie, got to wait 24 hours with anticipation of opening a Platinum Chest, and I got a glorious clover planter. Have been wanting the Ramen Concession stand for quite a long time. I feel bad for anyone waiting for the Zootopia Race Track to drop out of one of these extremely rare chests. You'd probably have a better chance of being struck by lightning.

Truth. I've now opened 22 platinum chests hoping for the race track, or at least one of the 4 concessions that were in that chest as an alternative. Instead, I got 2 corona sundials, 2 music fountains, 1 topiary, 2 lion king statues, and a bunch of happiness and magic I didn't need. Other than the lion king statues, I already had all those decorations, so I got NOTHING I wanted which is ridiculous. There should be a better drop on ride attractions. I would have gladly spent real money to buy gems and purchase the attraction, but to spend money on a 1% chance of getting what you want? Ridiculous! Way to insult a paying customer DMK!!!! At the very least, every time you win a prize from a chest, it should be removed from the chest until you've gotten 1 of everything from the chest, then start over with all items that aren't one of a kind.

Now that I've spent all my elixir on platinum chests, I have to somehow refill it for the alien? Just to be clear, which benches are the best trade for elixir?

So now that the event is over it's time to start defeating Zurg. It's odd to be going back to the main storyline after completely ignoring it for nearly a month! On the bright side my level of magic increased quite a bit during the event since I wasn't really using it much. Out of curiosity, any recommendations on premium characters to be saving my gems for, or ones to skip for now? (the only non-event one I have so far is Pluto) I'm low on gems since I spent them all during the event, but thanks to the gem reward for completing the character set with Rafiki and for the gem conversion, I'm already back at nearly 60 gems.

So now that the event is over it's time to start defeating Zurg. It's odd to be going back to the main storyline after completely ignoring it for nearly a month! On the bright side my level of magic increased quite a bit during the event since I wasn't really using it much. Out of curiosity, any recommendations on premium characters to be saving my gems for, or ones to skip for now? (the only non-event one I have so far is Pluto) I'm low on gems since I spent them all during the event, but thanks to the gem reward for completing the character set with Rafiki and for the gem conversion, I'm already back at nearly 60 gems.

The only non-event premium characters I bought were Pluto and Merryweather.

Truth. I've now opened 22 platinum chests hoping for the race track, or at least one of the 4 concessions that were in that chest as an alternative. Instead, I got 2 corona sundials, 2 music fountains, 1 topiary, 2 lion king statues, and a bunch of happiness and magic I didn't need. Other than the lion king statues, I already had all those decorations, so I got NOTHING I wanted which is ridiculous. There should be a better drop on ride attractions. I would have gladly spent real money to buy gems and purchase the attraction, but to spend money on a 1% chance of getting what you want? Ridiculous! Way to insult a paying customer DMK!!!! At the very least, every time you win a prize from a chest, it should be removed from the chest until you've gotten 1 of everything from the chest, then start over with all items that aren't one of a kind.
I think I remember receiving a promotion to buy Flash, the Racetrack, and some event tokens during the Zootopia event. If you were going to spend real money, that might have been the time to do it.

Now that I've spent all my elixir on platinum chests, I have to somehow refill it for the alien? Just to be clear, which benches are the best trade for elixir?
The best things to trade in are the items you receive from the chests. At this point, I take every bronze chest I can get, including the free ones they offer every now and again. Those benches are worth 20 elixir. Any you "purchase" for magic are only worth 2 elixirs each.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter