Disney Magic Kingdoms

Figured I’d give it a try and you’re correct! Planned on waiting to reconnect tomorrow morning, but just happened to accidentally opened the game with WiFi connected. Currently 1st with 151 second was 67 and 10th has 13.

EDIT: Just rechecked and it looks like someone else had the same idea and are in second with 130. Hopefully, knowone else does the same :thumbsup2

I tried it for the first time this event and seemed to work ok. I waited to join until this morning (just would switch my phone to airplane mode before playing) and when I joined I was in first place with 99 and 2nd place had 47. Since then it seems like others that did the same have also been added to my group but I am still in 4th place and there is a pretty big gap between 5th and 6th place, so hopefully I can stay in the top 5 with only reasonable playing

Happy holidays everyone!!! Hope everyone is doing well. Have family visiting so I've become a lurker the last few days. A little belated... but CONGRATS IMMATOOKI!!! Now you can relax and enjoy the season. Just welcomed Snow White. I'm down to 11k in event currency. Hope the queen is on the cheap side. Still not even close to getting Grumpy. But I refuse to get Grumpy about it. I'm more upset about the half-family raiding my fridge non-stop. Friggin' wannabee relatives!!! Heh...stole your word Supernova!!!
Thank you!! I am definitely relaxing for a little while, feels so good!

Slightly irritating. But I guess I should know better since the game is no longer about making the fan base happy but instead GL’s greed!

Why be irritated that they are advertising this game? I see it as a good thing. More advertisements on TV means more potential new players, meaning the game will stay alive for longer. If they don’t make money the game will die, and then we won’t be playing it at all. I don’t agree with the tactics they used with obtaining Grumpy, but I still love the game and want to see it stick around for a while.

Why be irritated that they are advertising this game? I see it as a good thing. More advertisements on TV means more potential new players, meaning the game will stay alive for longer. If they don’t make money the game will die, and then we won’t be playing it at all. I don’t agree with the tactics they used with obtaining Grumpy, but I still love the game and want to see it stick around for a while.

Also, them advertising isn't new. I remember seeing a ton of TV commercials on specifically-Disney-owned networks back in March featuring the Beauty and the Beast event, and there have been ads on Social Media and other games since DMK launched.

also, just to be realistic, this game was always about making money. Yes, part of it was to entertain Disney's fan-base, but capitalizing on that fan-base's love for profit was definitely a bigger part, and in no way unique to Gameloft. This is, at the end of a day, a product we're all buying (whether we spend real money on it or not) and not just a nice little gift Disney decided to give us.

I went to sleep last night in 12th place. Had a good night's sleep. Woke up and I'm now in 47th place. Guess I won't be doing too well with this contest.

In other news, I have yet another Flag of Corona! Just what my park needed. :rolleyes:

On the Gameloft forum, someone has suggested that maybe Sleepy will be the advent calendar gift on Christmas day.

This actually makes a lot of sense and I've a feeling they could be right. At that point there will only be 7 days of the event remaining. To welcome Sleepy, defeat the Queen, then welcome the Queen in that time would be a big ask.

Fingers crossed - it'll be nice if it happens. What does everyone think?

On the Gameloft forum, someone has suggested that maybe Sleepy will be the advent calendar gift on Christmas day.

This actually makes a lot of sense and I've a feeling they could be right. At that point there will only be 7 days of the event remaining. To welcome Sleepy, defeat the Queen, then welcome the Queen in that time would be a big ask.

Fingers crossed - it'll be nice if it happens. What does everyone think?
Hope you are right. I only have 13k in event currency now. I welcomed Snow White last night. I'm thinking that won't be even close to what I would need for the Queen and Sleepy. I'm keeping my fingers crossed about Sleepy being in the calendar.

It’s a gold chest. I got a flag of corona and 2,500 magic in mine. Total game changer right there! Don’t know what I would’ve done without those gifts!

I actually got a popcorn cart, so something useful - granted I also had a another gold chest on a pedestal at the time and when I opened *that* one i got a .... Flag of Corona :|

Also, them advertising isn't new. I remember seeing a ton of TV commercials on specifically-Disney-owned networks back in March featuring the Beauty and the Beast event, and there have been ads on Social Media and other games since DMK launched.

also, just to be realistic, this game was always about making money. Yes, part of it was to entertain Disney's fan-base, but capitalizing on that fan-base's love for profit was definitely a bigger part, and in no way unique to Gameloft. This is, at the end of a day, a product we're all buying (whether we spend real money on it or not) and not just a nice little gift Disney decided to give us.

and, if we are being truly honest, Disney in totality is about making money ... obviously they do it by creating and crafting a culture that grows fans, etc. ... but even back when Walt was alive, they slapped Mickey's image on anything they could to make a buck

and, if we are being truly honest, Disney in totality is about making money ... obviously they do it by creating and crafting a culture that grows fans, etc. ... but even back when Walt was alive, they slapped Mickey's image on anything they could to make a buck

Exactly! Every company is! Disney may feel like a given these days because of how well they've created a culture, but we still have to pay to see their movies, visit their parks, and enjoy their merchandise. I totally understand being frustrated with the way that Gameloft is charging money in this game, because Grumpy does absolutely seem like a fast way to get customers to buy a ton of gems, but if Gameloft didn't charge for something they'd have closed a long time ago and we wouldn't have any DMK to play at all. If people are unhappy with the product Gameloft is offering us now, the best thing to do is just stop buying into it. I collect Little Mermaid stuff, but since Disney partnered with Hasbro I feel quality has plummeted, so I don't buy those products. If enough people are unhappy with DMK's gem/chest system, then they should stop buying gems & chests and Gameloft will (hopefully) react by changing that system.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter