• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Magic Kingdoms

Finished collecting fabric and got Ariel’s costume today during clinicals. I’m not leveling my TLM characters anymore in the hopes of building up my EC as much as possible for the conversion.... not looking too great at the moment though, I am down to 23k after the costume :rotfl:

Good to know someone’s getting fabric. I have had the task to get Ariel’s costume since there were 7-8 days left. I have had / pieces of fabric in 4+ days. That is absolutely taking the mick! I rarely complain (except to tell them to stop running so many events before they have the land to support it - they don’t need an event every 2 months) but this is flipping ridiculous!

Good to know someone’s getting fabric. I have had the task to get Ariel’s costume since there were 7-8 days left. I have had / pieces of fabric in 4+ days. That is absolutely taking the mick! I rarely complain (except to tell them to stop running so many events before they have the land to support it - they don’t need an event every 2 months) but this is flipping ridiculous!

I honestly think there is a problem. I’ve had 0 fabrics in over three days. Somethings not right. I’m sending in a ticket today. It’s not that the fabrics are slow to drop, it’s that they’re not dropping at all (and I noticed last night that when I clicked on the fabric task check mark Ariel didn’t even exit the attraction - it’s like she wasn’t even on the task even though it showed that she was). I’ll update here if I get a response (although I’m sure they’ll just say that it’s legendary and to keep trying...sigh).

Still working on the mermaid form. Has anyone gotten her mermaid form, and can tell me if she has a mission that she can sit in the grotto?

Yes, she does have a task that has her sit in the grotto. I have Ariel at level 4. I don't recall the name of the task exactly, but I think it has grotto in the name. She is currently on a four hour task at the moment, so I can't look up the exact name.

Exactly as I expected...and yes, my happiness is always ecstatic. They’ve been sent out four times today and still no fabric.

“Thank you for your reply.

We're sorry to hear about your issue. Kindly note that the drop rate for rare items is very low. You should be persistent with tasks to get the items that you need or you can purchase gems to skip some of the requirements if desired.
Token drop rate increases once they reach Tier 4 in Happiness Level.

Thank you for your time and understanding, have a nice day.” >:(

Exactly as I expected...and yes, my happiness is always ecstatic. They’ve been sent out four times today and still no fabric.

“Thank you for your reply.

We're sorry to hear about your issue. Kindly note that the drop rate for rare items is very low. You should be persistent with tasks to get the items that you need or you can purchase gems to skip some of the requirements if desired.
Token drop rate increases once they reach Tier 4 in Happiness Level.

Thank you for your time and understanding, have a nice day.” >:(

They basically said, sorry your not happy, but we make these difficult because we want you to get frustrated and spend money.

No question there is a problem with how drop rates go. Like many, I went close to 2 days with no fabric drops, then I got all 5 in 7 or 8 sent jobs. So there is still hope for people with awful drop rates. Problem is, in both cases that is not they way drops should ever work.

Question about Ariel’s mermaid costume. Do we know for a fact that it needs to be completed by the end of the event, or is it possible to continue collecting afterwards.

As far as quests go, I don’t think there are any event quests for her after you get her mermaid costume. I finished mine close to 2 days ago and have Ariel up to level 4 and haven’t gotten any quests. She did get a sidequest though.

Yes, she does have a task that has her sit in the grotto. I have Ariel at level 4. I don't recall the name of the task exactly, but I think it has grotto in the name. She is currently on a four hour task at the moment, so I can't look up the exact name.

Wasn’t that a side quest though and didn’t it require Ariel to be in her human form? I could be entirely wrong, but I thought level 4 triggered that quest. Not the mermaid costume. Honestly, I’ve mentally checked out of this event a day or two and just clicking and sending characters.

How kind of them to let you know that you can spend money to get the stuff they are making so hard to get in the game. What a helpful response...

Wish I could trade with some of you! I got all my purse drops super easy but Ariel's ear hats took twice as long. Got 3 fabrics for her tail in 1 day, nothing for 2 days, and then 1 drop for today. 1 Fabric away from getting her and pretty much finishing the event. On the plus side, I can send all the TLM characters on 1 hour tasks for EC except Triton/Ariel, so my EC is now up to 75K with 2.75 days left, so I should have enough for the tail and the 40 gem conversion.

Good luck to everyone as we near the homestretch!

This mermaid fabric thing is really getting me irritated. I have needed just ONE more for days now! Especially disheartening for those us who got the premium characters and were ahead of schedule, or at least keeping up with it. I should have hit the wall, and instead I lost my headstart! Not doing a great job convincing me to buy the extras next time...

Wasn’t that a side quest though and didn’t it require Ariel to be in her human form? I could be entirely wrong, but I thought level 4 triggered that quest. Not the mermaid costume. Honestly, I’ve mentally checked out of this event a day or two and just clicking and sending characters.

No. This is an 8-hour task that has nothing to do with the event. It's called "Visiting the Grotto" and Ariel goes and sits on her throne in the grotto. I have her doing it for the second time right now. They did mention during the Facebook Live prior to the event that Ariel would be able to sit in the grotto, and people would come by and take her picture. I haven't seen that, yet, but she does sit there and wave.

Because I love a good list....

Event Stats:
Sebastian - ready for 6
Scuttle - ready for 7
Ariel - ready for 3
Eric - ready for 6
King Triton - ready for 5
Flounder - ready for 5
Ursula - ready for 4
Clams -193 <---this is like the bots I think, but somehow only Ursula helps you collect them? Maybe I'm missing something?
EC - 42,861
Up to 3 fabrics, SO CLOSE!!!! Maybe, maybe, maybe, I won't have to spend gems. Fingers crossed. Best wishes to all!

Others:
Michael Darling - ready for 8
John Darling - ready for 8
Elizabeth Swann - ready for 10
Will Turner - ready for 10
Captain Barbossa - ready for 7
Tia Dalma - ready for 5
Davy Jones - ready for 8
Bambi - ready for 10
Christopher Robin - collecting for 8
Hiro - ready for 9
Baymax - collecting for 10
Yokai - ready for 9
Go Go - ready for 9
Honey Lemon - ready for 10
Fred - ready for 9
Wasabi - ready for 8
Everyone else is maxed out
Magic - 9,825,111 <---- this will go WAY down once all the above leveling begins to happen

Randomly - A long time ago I made a request on this board as to what events I would like to see, and what character sets I would like added. My list was.....
Little Mermaid - Ariel, Eric, Sebastian, Flounder, Scuttle, King Triton, Ursula, Fletsom, Jetsom <--- almost got it right
Winnie the Pooh - Pooh, Piglet, Eyeore, Tigger, Rabbit, Owl, Kanga, Roo, Christopher Robin <---- almost got it right
Snow White & the 7 Dwarfs - Snow White, Doc, Happy, Dopey, Grumpy, Sneezey, Bashful, Sleepy, Charming, the Evil Queen <----- almost got it right
Robin Hood - Robin, Marion, Little Jon, Friar Tuck, King Richard, Sheriff of Nottingham
Alice in Wonderland - Alice, Queen of Hearts, Cheshire Cat, White Rabbit, Tweedle Dee, Tweedle Dum, Mad Hatter, March Hair <---- almost got it right
Duck Tales - Uncle Scrooge, Huey, Dewy, Louie, and Webby
Bambi - Bambi, Thumper, Flower <----- YAY ME!!!!!
Pinocchio - Pinocchio, Gepeto, Cleo, Figero, Jiminey Cricket, Gideon, Fowl Fellow
Cinderella - add in Fairy Godmother, Lady Tramaine, Drizella, Anastasia, Jacq, Gus, and Lucifer <---- well they added one at least
Peter Pan - add in Peter, Smee, Hook, Crocodile, Wendy, Michael, John, Nana <---- they added some, but I still want Smee, Crocodile and Nana
Toy Story - add in the Potato Heads and the Slinky Dog

I hope they add in my other requests and I also would like to add the character sets for:
Wreck It Ralph
Moana
Hercules
and of course, the ones I named above; Duck Tales, Robin Hood, Pinocchio

They basically said, sorry your not happy, but we make these difficult because we want you to get frustrated and spend money.

No question there is a problem with how drop rates go. Like many, I went close to 2 days with no fabric drops, then I got all 5 in 7 or 8 sent jobs. So there is still hope for people with awful drop rates. Problem is, in both cases that is not they way drops should ever work.

Question about Ariel’s mermaid costume. Do we know for a fact that it needs to be completed by the end of the event, or is it possible to continue collecting afterwards.

As far as quests go, I don’t think there are any event quests for her after you get her mermaid costume. I finished mine close to 2 days ago and have Ariel up to level 4 and haven’t gotten any quests. She did get a sidequest though.
Yes, it’s like the costume in big hero six. Once the event was over it was no longer available

Because I love a good list....

Event Stats:
Sebastian - ready for 6
Scuttle - ready for 7
Ariel - ready for 3
Eric - ready for 6
King Triton - ready for 5
Flounder - ready for 5
Ursula - ready for 4
Clams -193 <---this is like the bots I think, but somehow only Ursula helps you collect them? Maybe I'm missing something?
EC - 42,861
Up to 3 fabrics, SO CLOSE!!!! Maybe, maybe, maybe, I won't have to spend gems. Fingers crossed. Best wishes to all!

Others:
Michael Darling - ready for 8
John Darling - ready for 8
Elizabeth Swann - ready for 10
Will Turner - ready for 10
Captain Barbossa - ready for 7
Tia Dalma - ready for 5
Davy Jones - ready for 8
Bambi - ready for 10
Christopher Robin - collecting for 8
Hiro - ready for 9
Baymax - collecting for 10
Yokai - ready for 9
Go Go - ready for 9
Honey Lemon - ready for 10
Fred - ready for 9
Wasabi - ready for 8
Everyone else is maxed out
Magic - 9,825,111 <---- this will go WAY down once all the above leveling begins to happen

Randomly - A long time ago I made a request on this board as to what events I would like to see, and what character sets I would like added. My list was.....
Little Mermaid - Ariel, Eric, Sebastian, Flounder, Scuttle, King Triton, Ursula, Fletsom, Jetsom <--- almost got it right
Winnie the Pooh - Pooh, Piglet, Eyeore, Tigger, Rabbit, Owl, Kanga, Roo, Christopher Robin <---- almost got it right
Snow White & the 7 Dwarfs - Snow White, Doc, Happy, Dopey, Grumpy, Sneezey, Bashful, Sleepy, Charming, the Evil Queen <----- almost got it right
Robin Hood - Robin, Marion, Little Jon, Friar Tuck, King Richard, Sheriff of Nottingham
Alice in Wonderland - Alice, Queen of Hearts, Cheshire Cat, White Rabbit, Tweedle Dee, Tweedle Dum, Mad Hatter, March Hair <---- almost got it right
Duck Tales - Uncle Scrooge, Huey, Dewy, Louie, and Webby
Bambi - Bambi, Thumper, Flower <----- YAY ME!!!!!
Pinocchio - Pinocchio, Gepeto, Cleo, Figero, Jiminey Cricket, Gideon, Fowl Fellow
Cinderella - add in Fairy Godmother, Lady Tramaine, Drizella, Anastasia, Jacq, Gus, and Lucifer <---- well they added one at least
Peter Pan - add in Peter, Smee, Hook, Crocodile, Wendy, Michael, John, Nana <---- they added some, but I still want Smee, Crocodile and Nana
Toy Story - add in the Potato Heads and the Slinky Dog

I hope they add in my other requests and I also would like to add the character sets for:
Wreck It Ralph
Moana
Hercules
and of course, the ones I named above; Duck Tales, Robin Hood, Pinocchio
I’d like to see wreck it Ralph, Hercules, and Tarzan

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter