Disney Magic Kingdoms

Finally finished the second battle yesterday and have been working on Marlin's items for a bit over 24 hours now. I don't have Hank nor any buildings enchanted so not many tasks for me (only one 8 hour task for the mask so literally impossible for me to get all of those )

Just trying to get as many items as I can and then likely use gems to "buy" Marlin at the lowest cost I can

Is that true? I though you only had to start welcoming a character before the event ended - but if true, this is good to know

I also thought you only had to start Welcoming!

Spent a lovely four days up in Montreal. The drive to and from was peaceful and free of traffic. Back home and back on this dumb game. Two masks away from Marlin and ending this godawful event. Dreadfully boring.

Sorry to break the news to you that welcome Marlin doesn’t “officially” end the event. There are at-least 2 more quests, a 4 hour and 6 hour, for Merlin and Nemo. That said, I hear you about the final character collect is all I really care about.

Sorry to break the news to you that welcome Marlin doesn’t “officially” end the event. There are at-least 2 more quests, a 4 hour and 6 hour, for Merlin and Nemo. That said, I hear you about the final character collect is all I really care about.
Yeah I noticed the extra quests and some side quests. One side quest I think was 18 hours. Silly!

Someone here mentioned that it was 300 gems to welcome Marlin if you didn't think you would have time to collect tokens. I still need 18 masks, but now it's under 150 gems to get him, so I'm going to get as many masks as I can by tomorrow morning and then I'll just get the rest with gems. I don't remember who said about the gems, but I thank you!

Someone here mentioned that it was 300 gems to welcome Marlin if you didn't think you would have time to collect tokens. I still need 18 masks, but now it's under 150 gems to get him, so I'm going to get as many masks as I can by tomorrow morning and then I'll just get the rest with gems. I don't remember who said about the gems, but I thank you!

I would recommend collecting all you can before using gems to save gems.

As an experiment I chose to spend money on the building upgrades to see what occurred. Admittedly only purchasing the package and therefore upgraded to 2. Not much to report except I now have 36, yes really 36, masks but am still 3 hats short. So I log on normally 5 to 6 times a day, but for this event during waking hours about every 2-3 hours and have all the premium characters bought with gems. All my event buildings are apparently enhanced, I am the proud owner of the parade float and have spent a nice tidy sum of £12 on upgrades and chests but am still struggling to catch the stupid fish! I think spending the cash has made little difference at all but it was a very interesting try ... m

Sounds like a good plan and your welcome. 😉

As an experiment I chose to spend money on the building upgrades to see what occurred. Admittedly only purchasing the package and therefore upgraded to 2. Not much to report except I now have 36, yes really 36, masks but am still 3 hats short. So I log on normally 5 to 6 times a day, but for this event during waking hours about every 2-3 hours and have all the premium characters bought with gems. All my event buildings are apparently enhanced, I am the proud owner of the parade float and have spent a nice tidy sum of £12 on upgrades and chests but am still struggling to catch the stupid fish! I think spending the cash has made little difference at all but it was a very interesting try ... m

Interesting, it seems like more people were getting the 6 ear hats well before they were getting 30 masks. I know ai got 3 masks from Hanks 2 hour task that gave both. While statistically possible, that should have never happened. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, I don’t trust the rarity levels in this game and think the interns change them throughout an event.

Last edited:

For 🤬 sake, after welcoming Marlin last night, I finished the 4 and 6 hour Marlin and Nemo quest and Marlin not has a ? Hour quest with Dory. Not sure how long it is, but Marlin has to be level 3 to do it. 🤬 Are they doing to this game?

Last edited:
phew...just finished welcoming Marlin. That was really down to the wire. Could not have done it without Hank. I won't have time to finish the last tasks, but I'm totally okay with that. Guess that teaches me to try to have a life while an event is going on. Anyways...ready for the next Tower??? Ok ok, just kidding, don't kill me. Here's to a little break to build up my gems for the next go around. Good luck to everyone else on these last few hours!!!

Looks like I’m joining the club on having to shell out some gems to get Merlin. I check in to the game pretty regularly but was on a cruise when they updated the game so I wasn’t able to play for a 2 1/2 days since I didn’t have WiFi. Shame on me for taking a few day break from the game PLUS refuse to spend money to enchant a building. I obviously deserve to not be able to fully finish the event. Never mind that I bought both premium characters and the float with gems. Not good enough, clearly.

Looks like I’m joining the club on having to shell out some gems to get Merlin. I check in to the game pretty regularly but was on a cruise when they updated the game so I wasn’t able to play for a 2 1/2 days since I didn’t have WiFi. Shame on me for taking a few day break from the game PLUS refuse to spend money to enchant a building. I obviously deserve to not be able to fully finish the event. Never mind that I bought both premium characters and the float with gems. Not good enough, clearly.

No you did everything right way.

Wow gem conversion PLUMMETED! I had about 17k EC and received 7 gems...

It was always 1 gem per 2000K. We would always have to collect 80K to get 40 gems. In Windows, I had 14,600EC and got 7. MY IOS game, I had 23,400 and I got 12.

I had about 25000 and got 13-14 gems still seems about right. What’s different is less EP to convert to gems.

Last edited:
Well, I had bad drop rates the past 24 hours or so so had to spend more gems than I was hoping to get Marlin but at least I had enough to add him. Guess can't complain too much since I didn't get hank nor enchant any buildings but still a bit annoying. now I am down to like 24 gems so hopefully some time before next real event to build them up a bit

I was really confused and then I realized you mean Marlin, not Merlin ... I was thinking "wait, we had to buy Merlin? I thought we just had him from the beginning?"

yeah, it is getting tough to do the events and not be checking fairly regularly. I had a work offsite and wasn't on as much and that killed me when working on dory (I also didn't get Hank though so that didn't help me either towards the end)

Well, I had bad drop rates the past 24 hours or so so had to spend more gems than I was hoping to get Marlin but at least I had enough to add him. Guess can't complain too much since I didn't get hank nor enchant any buildings but still a bit annoying. now I am down to like 24 gems so hopefully some time before next real event to build them up a bit

I wouldn’t bank on there being much time between events any more, just plan time away and miss stuff.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter