Disney Magic Kingdoms

FYI, once the even ended, the number of tokens required for the Encanto characters has changed. All of my Encanto characters, except Mirabel, were ready to level up. Nope, not any more. Have to now collect more tokens.

FYI, once the even ended, the number of tokens required for the Encanto characters has changed. All of my Encanto characters, except Mirabel, were ready to level up. Nope, not any more. Have to now collect more tokens.

Same. I knew this was going to happen but I didn't remember to level everyone...and I had time.

So with my more casual play. Here's my update. We went to Mexico for almost a week during this Season, so my Windows game is farther behind than usual. Laptop did not go to Mexico. I probably played my phone game more than I have been, because it was easy to play while lounging poolside with tropical drinks.

With completely abandoning playing for Season Pass rewards, I wondered how far would I get. Level 119 is the highest gem reward level before the one at 149, so that was what I was casually playing for. By casual, I mean completing tasks in my attempts to level characters, and not participating in mini-events other than the tappers which the Go button takes you directly to the thing, or Tower challenge. I'm also trying to keep a gem stash of around 1000, in case something I really, really want gets released. So if I could buy Antonio or gem Mirabel and not go much below this, I did.

IOS: Season pass currently 130. Did not buy Antonio. Got Mirabel, although I did have to gem her for 3 hats.

Windows: Season pass, currently 119. Got all Encanto characters. Although like my IOS game I did have to spend 150 gems on 3 hats.

Time skips weren't very helpful for me either. I did about 10 in each game and only got 1 Mirabel Ear Hat in each game.

My IOS game, I am making good progress on finishing off characters. But Madame Medusa is taking forever. If it weren't for her, I'd be down to just Dumbo, Soul and now Encanto.

Windows... it's a mess. Although, in the last 24 hours I did get the tokens to finish Orville and Webby, but waiting to upgrade Encanto characters first. I only have Dorothea for Soul, so even though she should be easy, common tokens she is going to take a long time.

Until I read Hopemax's post above, I was convinced that the game was programmed to not drop tokens if you used fast passes. I have never gotten tokens that way myself. Aside from that, Encanto was a pretty disastrous event for me. Bruno was a terrible delay for me. I was finally able to start to collect for Mirabel yesterday, but I woke up early that morning with just about the worst body aches and chills I have ever had. The kind that make you not want to look at your phone or care about a stupid Disney games with drop rates designed to make you spend money. So, I am trying to teach myself to not be a "completist". I am not spending money on Antonio or Mirabel from a movie that was just OK just because I want to have all the characters. I will live. Do the gamemakers know how much eggs cost now, lol?

Patch Notes for Update 69:

https://www.disney-magic-kingdoms.com/en/patch-notes/patchnote_upd69

More permanent content for Bambi. Season Pass adds Gopher from Winnie the Pooh. Kingdom Pass adds The Emperor from Mulan.

Tower Event starts April 13 (next Thursday)
Season 4 starts April 13 (next Thursday)

There's a lot of changes to the happiness reward for weekly tasks and changes to weekly task requirements.

I regret gemming Mirabel. She's going to be impossible to level up. Bruno has yet to get any glasses and the only other way I'll be able to collect glasses is with Mirabel herself IF I ever get her to level 2

I was finally able to start to collect for Mirabel yesterday, but I woke up early that morning with just about the worst body aches and chills I have ever had. The kind that make you not want to look at your phone or care about a stupid Disney games with drop rates designed to make you spend money. So, I am trying to teach myself to not be a "completist". I am not spending money on Antonio or Mirabel from a movie that was just OK just because I want to have all the characters. I will live. Do the gamemakers know how much eggs cost now, lol?
How are you feeling now? I’m so sorry you were feeling that badly!

the Haunted Mansion characters did me a favor when they made me realize it’s okay it to be a completionist. A few less characters to collect endless token after endless token for!

lol on the eggs

The attractions for Encanto are beautiful. That’s the only good thing I have to say about that event. Drop rates were ludicrous!

I’m working on Mrs Jumbo, Soul, and now Encanto. Mrs Jumbo is the cutest, but I’m tired of her ear hats. I do think they’re dropping a bit more now that some more permanent content is about to be added. I’m halfway on getting her ready to level to 10. I hope Soul will start better drop rates now that a new season is starting. i guess they’re trying to give me time to actually watch that movie.…and more enthused to have those characters. 🙃

How are you feeling now? I’m so sorry you were feeling that badly!

the Haunted Mansion characters did me a favor when they made me realize it’s okay it to be a completionist. A few less characters to collect endless token after endless token for!

lol on the eggs
Echoing the sentiment @anya.sparrow Hope you are on the mend as well❤️

I regret gemming Mirabel. She's going to be impossible to level up. Bruno has yet to get any glasses and the only other way I'll be able to collect glasses is with Mirabel herself IF I ever get her to level 2
I had that same regret in a while back. Can’t recall the event right now. Its hard to plunk down a lot of gems for the last character, especially if you have already ponied up for the premium one. I played the waiting game this time around and waited until my gems spent got down to 50…I would have skipped her at 100

I had that same regret in a while back. Can’t recall the event right now. Its hard to plunk down a lot of gems for the last character, especially if you have already ponied up for the premium one. I played the waiting game this time around and waited until my gems spent got down to 50…I would have skipped her at 100
I didn't buy the premium as I won't pay 500 gems, especially for a character I don't know. That would have given me one extra person to collect for glasses though, which still wouldn't make it worth it.

Until I read Hopemax's post above, I was convinced that the game was programmed to not drop tokens if you used fast passes. I have never gotten tokens that way myself. Aside from that, Encanto was a pretty disastrous event for me. Bruno was a terrible delay for me. I was finally able to start to collect for Mirabel yesterday, but I woke up early that morning with just about the worst body aches and chills I have ever had. The kind that make you not want to look at your phone or care about a stupid Disney games with drop rates designed to make you spend money. So, I am trying to teach myself to not be a "completist". I am not spending money on Antonio or Mirabel from a movie that was just OK just because I want to have all the characters. I will live. Do the gamemakers know how much eggs cost now, lol?

I hope you were able to rest this weekend and you're on the road to feeling better.

I didn't buy the premium as I won't pay 500 gems, especially for a character I don't know. That would have given me one extra person to collect for glasses though, which still wouldn't make it worth it.
They never really help with drop rates for the last character either. I’m a slow learner on that one.

Thanks everyone for the well wishes for getting better. I only felt horrid that one day, so it must have been my body fighting off some kind of infection. I was much better the next morning and it did not impact my Easter/birthday weekend, so I got lucky :)

The iOS update is now available. Once you download, assuming you are far enough along in the main storyline, Thumper pops up and says to welcome Faline. She needs 30 Flowers and 30 Ear Hat, along with 45 of the common token. There are a few conflicts between the characters collecting for Mrs. Jumbo and Soul characters. But in Merlin's token shop the Encanto character tokens look to be available. Also it appears that Moana, The Little Mermaid, Up and The Incredibles are the character collections in the "focus" area.

The iOS update is now available. Once you download, assuming you are far enough along in the main storyline, Thumper pops up and says to welcome Faline. She needs 30 Flowers and 30 Ear Hat, along with 45 of the common token. There are a few conflicts between the characters collecting for Mrs. Jumbo and Soul characters. But in Merlin's token shop the Encanto character tokens look to be available. Also it appears that Moana, The Little Mermaid, Up and The Incredibles are the character collections in the "focus" area.
Thanks for the heads up!

I think Gameloft has really brainwashed me. Since being done with the season last week, I've been madly collecting tokens and leveling characters. But I really really want something "else" to do...like tasks, season pass tiers or the tower challenge. I know it's all coming tomorrow and I should just level everyone I can and get ready. I still want something "more" to do. :)

Only now do I remember the drastic changes they made concerning the Tower Challenges (as in,the tasks now taking more than two hours).

Yeah, the Tower challenge is now 4 hours instead of 2 hours. Not to mention all of the Explorations tasks to earn cocoa refreshes. As well as the Attractions that now collect refreshes. If I recall with the last Tower Challenge, where this was introduced, I ended up with lots of cocoa that I never needed to use. But I always tried to max things out to get the most benefit. The only reason I am doing the Tower Challenge is to complete the events that give magic for the Pass.

I've done some math...

It will take me 180,000 Maleficent coins to buy the Luca characters I don't have. The TC is 15 days long, so I need 12k coins per day. Assuming I'm playing for 12 hours a day (usually around a whole lot more than that, TBH), that's 1k MC per hour.

Grumble grumble :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter