Disney Magic Kingdoms

Well, I have been disgruntled with the idea of spending money on the season passes so I approached them by seeing how far I got and deciding at the end whether or not to spend the money. I have passed each time. So, I have not spent money on the game in ages. When I saw the Up! chest, I considered that if I spent $9.99 for 6 chests, I was guaranteed at least one Epic prize which would give me Carl (I only had Kevin & the kid prior). I am happy to report that I ended up with Paradise Falls, Carl & Dug!!! Woo hoo! Happy I treated myself this way, and feeling pretty wise about my spending choice. Have a good day everyone!

Well, I have been disgruntled with the idea of spending money on the season passes so I approached them by seeing how far I got and deciding at the end whether or not to spend the money. I have passed each time. So, I have not spent money on the game in ages. When I saw the Up! chest, I considered that if I spent $9.99 for 6 chests, I was guaranteed at least one Epic prize which would give me Carl (I only had Kevin & the kid prior). I am happy to report that I ended up with Paradise Falls, Carl & Dug!!! Woo hoo! Happy I treated myself this way, and feeling pretty wise about my spending choice. Have a good day everyone!

Nice haul!

Yeah, the Tower challenge is now 4 hours instead of 2 hours. Not to mention all of the Explorations tasks to earn cocoa refreshes. As well as the Attractions that now collect refreshes. If I recall with the last Tower Challenge, where this was introduced, I ended up with lots of cocoa that I never needed to use. But I always tried to max things out to get the most benefit. The only reason I am doing the Tower Challenge is to complete the events that give magic for the Pass.

I am playing it for the points toward season pass, too. But for the first time in forever….there is something in the shop I don’t have. I’ll buy the Tramp ear hat stand once I earn enough coins.

I've done some math...

It will take me 180,000 Maleficent coins to buy the Luca characters I don't have. The TC is 15 days long, so I need 12k coins per day. Assuming I'm playing for 12 hours a day (usually around a whole lot more than that, TBH), that's 1k MC per hour.

Grumble grumble :)
I guess you got your wish of something to do. I know you really wanted the Luca characters so that will make it easier to remain motivated. 🙂. Best of luck!

I've done some math...

It will take me 180,000 Maleficent coins to buy the Luca characters I don't have. The TC is 15 days long, so I need 12k coins per day. Assuming I'm playing for 12 hours a day (usually around a whole lot more than that, TBH), that's 1k MC per hour.

Grumble grumble :)
You can have my Luca characters. Don't need 'em and won't be seeing the film.

I guess you got your wish of something to do. I know you really wanted the Luca characters so that will make it easier to remain motivated. 🙂. Best of luck!

Thank you! Rocking and rolling here...I expect to welcome the Emperor this weekend and hopefully my first Luca character today (maybe tomorrow...illness has gotten me and all I want to do is sleep).

You can have my Luca characters. Don't need 'em and won't be seeing the film.

I wish there was a mechanic to give other folks tokens and things like that. It would be interesting to allow people to help one another. I know money is the reason why it won't happen...but it's a nice idea.

I think this is my last Tower Challenge. I'll collect the tokens from my attractions,but sending my characters out for four hour tasks is just too much.

I need the 90,000 credit Luca character, but I have doubts that I can earn that much in the time frame...

If you mean for leveling up my existing characters,they're already being taken care of. Not sure what you mean by the "common tokens".
I mean if you are sending characters out for one-hour tasks, why not the four-hour? Plus, the way this new wacky system is designed, it'll more difficult to continue progressing through the season pass stages without the extra happiness earned from completing the event tasks.

Couple days in...finished all Chapter One Explorations, blown past the end of the Chapter 1 Milestones, 25k Maleficent coins, finished the Moana/Mermaid/Incredibles event tasks and continuing to send characters out for the challenge to keep getting the coins.

I need to decide the goal for coins and characters in the likely event I don't get enough for everyone. I think spring for Ercole at 90k if possible, but I could always change that opinion. :)

For the season: level 23 right now (24 is coming this morning) and the Emperor was welcomed.

Colt and Dad from Onward leveled to 10, Yoda and Linguini will be 10 this morning.

Couple days in...finished all Chapter One Explorations, blown past the end of the Chapter 1 Milestones, 25k Maleficent coins, finished the Moana/Mermaid/Incredibles event tasks and continuing to send characters out for the challenge to keep getting the coins.

I need to decide the goal for coins and characters in the likely event I don't get enough for everyone. I think spring for Ercole at 90k if possible, but I could always change that opinion. :)

For the season: level 23 right now (24 is coming this morning) and the Emperor was welcomed.

Colt and Dad from Onward leveled to 10, Yoda and Linguini will be 10 this morning.
I’m right on pace with you in the event. Need both the cat and Ercole, but don’t see that happening. So going to try for Ercole, but will be okay if I end up with only the cat. Just will keep plugging away and will cash in on whatever I can when this event ends

I don't recall this happening previously, but with the Tower Challenge Explorations, if you wanted to complete all of them you had to purchase the Kingdom Pass so you could get the Emperor. Granted, I don't know how people that aren't pretty far along into this game could complete the Explorations if they don't have some of the other characters. But to put one of them behind a true paywall really sucks.

At this point for the Event Tasks, I just need to get the 50K, 75K and 100K. But without completing the Event Tasks, I can see where it will be difficult to progress through this Season and get to Level 150. Currently working on level 25 now.

I have been pleasantly surprised that Mrs. Jumbo tokens have been dropping pretty good for me. I am now collecting the remaining 15 Ears Hat to get her to Level 10. Mirabel is going to be a very different story. Her drop rate has been horrible. So I am focusing on Luisa first and will try to get her maxed out. I will leave Mirabel until the very end.

Welcomed the deer yesterday, but it needs to be at 2 right after the first task. Soul cat and Soul woman are both at 10. Mother elephant moving to 10 right now. Finished the silly tower "exploration" nonsense two days ago. Fortunately, I completed all of my weekly tasks until Thursday. And the grind continues..... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz😴

Last edited:
I mean if you are sending characters out for one-hour tasks, why not the four-hour? Plus, the way this new wacky system is designed, it'll more difficult to continue progressing through the season pass stages without the extra happiness earned from completing the event tasks.
.......I was talking about the Tower Challenge,not the other stuff.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter