Disney Magic Kingdoms

Well, if you go into it with a certain mindset, you should be okay.

The Mindset: this is an older game, so you're not going to be able to win at all the events and challenges they provide. As with anything, the more characters you have, the better you will do at all these things.

As you build your characters, you'll be able to progress more and more.

If you were to start now, I'd advise you to concentrate on progressing in the main story line and level those characters to 10...understand how the game works and the season aspect.
I tried it, & i think i give up already. lol

Anyone tried their luck at the Haunted Mansion chests? I only have 1% chance at the bride like @Jason_V - 6-7% at the others. Trying to decide if I even bother. If I were “lucky” enough to get them, I’d have to lvl them up, and I haven’t missed them being in my park at all. Hmmmm…

Current stats:
Emp Palpatine lvl 9

Wall-E cap’n lvl 7
m-o lvl 8

Fear lvl 7
Amger lvl 8
Joy lvl 7
Sadness lvl 8
Disgust lvl 7

Indy Sr lvl 6

On my way to tier 63 in the season pass system.
it feels like I have a lot more characters to level, but I think that’s because of what others have referenced….horrendous drop rates.

Anyone tried their luck at the Haunted Mansion chests? I only have 1% chance at the bride like @Jason_V - 6-7% at the others. Trying to decide if I even bother. If I were “lucky” enough to get them, I’d have to lvl them up, and I haven’t missed them being in my park at all. Hmmmm…

I did...opened a few and got both Ezra and Gus. No dice on The Bride (the last one I need for the collection) and got more than a few useless stands.

In level 63 for the season and I'm hoarding relics and blueprints for the Indy event. I was also hoping to get Henry Sr. to Level 6 before tomorrow, but I'm 13 bags away right now. Oh well...Snow White collection is all at 10 and complete. And still trucking along on a bunch of other folks. (Last plot of land will be open tonight...I spent the 4 million magic on it yesterday.)

I adore the Haunted Mansion, so I am really tempted to gamble on a spooky chest. We shall see.

As for progress, I am doing well! I woke up to my PC/casual game with 3 loooooooong time characters finally ready to level to Level 10 (Owl - who has been FOREVER, Mrs. Jumbo and Sir Hiss). So that's kind of fun. It means that I won't have to battle with the 100 character limit any longer! That's a big positive).

On my real game on my phone, here's where I am at:

The Captain - 8
(Previously obtained Wall-E)
Great Prince of the Forest - 9
Maurice - 4
Emperor Palpatine - 8
Fear - 9
Anger - 8
Sadness - Recently leveled to 10
Disgust - 6

Characters that I recently got lucky when I gambled on some chests:
Snow White's Prince Charming - 5
Marlin - 9
Cruella - 6

Don't have anyone from Indiana Jones yet, though I do love that franchise.

I bought two Nightmare chests initially cuz the odds seemed better for me….got squat. Gemmed out for a spooky chest and got Ezra immediately. So naturally, I splurged the better part of my gem stash on another one annnnnd got a mountain of ingot nougat. Oh well….at least I got one character I wanted out of that, Back to Start in saving up gems again

So a real, legit question without any snark.

What is the purpose of ingots? I throw the extra small ones into Merlin's cauldron every day to complete the Daily Task...but what are they designed for? Is it just one more thing to put into a chest and decrease the chances we can get things we really want? Or is there some hidden feature I have yet to uncover?

If I recall, the ignots were introduced when they started the Season stuff. Like you, I basically just toss them into Merlin's cauldron for the daily task. But you can throw them, plus other things like concessions and decorations to turn into elixir. Before the change in the happiness and Season Pass, I would get the elixir and spend it to keep my happiness at the highest level each day. That feature is gone though. However, you can use elixir to purchase things in Merlin's shop. The upgrade scrolls and character tokens are an example of that. I have also used elixir to purchase some of the attractions that are not part of the various events, but are made available to everyone. I think Spaceship Earth and Jungle Cruise are examples.

If I recall, the ignots were introduced when they started the Season stuff. Like you, I basically just toss them into Merlin's cauldron for the daily task. But you can throw them, plus other things like concessions and decorations to turn into elixir. Before the change in the happiness and Season Pass, I would get the elixir and spend it to keep my happiness at the highest level each day. That feature is gone though. However, you can use elixir to purchase things in Merlin's shop. The upgrade scrolls and character tokens are an example of that. I have also used elixir to purchase some of the attractions that are not part of the various events, but are made available to everyone. I think Spaceship Earth and Jungle Cruise are examples.

Right, they can go into the cauldron and you get elixir. I've done that to buy the elixir-only attractions, relics and character scrolls. But it seems very silly to me to have five levels of ingots for the cauldron...plus a billion extra stands, decorations and whatever else to throw in for the same thing.

I was thinking there was a special, secret backdoor something or other with the ingots I was missing. Maybe not... :)

I think most people used to just throw their extra concessions and decorations into the cauldron. But then the added the annoying zones and having you place more stuff out. This reduced some of the items to throw in the cauldron. So maybe they added these ignots as a way to help offset. This is probably all speculation. But it makes sense, right??!?!?!

I think we all can agree that some of the changes over the years have been idiotic, head scratching and outright disasterous.

I think most people used to just throw their extra concessions and decorations into the cauldron. But then the added the annoying zones and having you place more stuff out. This reduced some of the items to throw in the cauldron. So maybe they added these ignots as a way to help offset. This is probably all speculation. But it makes sense, right??!?!?!

I think we all can agree that some of the changes over the years have been idiotic, head scratching and outright disasterous.

100% to all of this. I don't know why this hit me this morning...but I figured I'd throw it out there ahead of the Indy event and new weeklies starting in a few hours...

Since the ingots were introduced the same time as the daily tasks, I figured they are just a way to supplement the daily visit to Merlin.

I just found myself trading out decoration chests as a weekly task. Any tasks that you automatically switch out with the free pass?

Decoration chests, just like you, and any character tasks over 8 hours. Everything else I can handle...in fact, already done with two weeklies now.

Wow, add Lock & Moff Gideon to my ready to level to 10 on the PC. They're all lined up to go home ;).

Isn't that a great feeling? Knocking two more sets of tokens (aside from the common token) out of the game. Lock was tough for me to get done...nothing was droppin for a long time.

The Captain will be done leveling to 7 soon and the I'm throwing both Mr. Mitten and Quasimodo into their 24 hour to Level 10. Slowly but surely getting them all to max...

I spent 150 gems and got Ezra. I have plenty more gems, but I think I will keep them. my luck is unlikely to hold….and leveling up one extra character is plenty for now.

Thanks for the feedback on those who also made a spooky chest purchase. It helped me decide to try one round.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter