Disney Magic Post Dry Dock Reviews

sadiecatie

DIS Veteran
Because I have no patience and boundless curiosity - I want all the tea from people on the post dry dock sailings. I know the first is still underway, but again…no patience 😂

I’m hoping those on it now and in the next couple weeks will come back and fill us all in!

I’m curious about new things (Soul Cat Lounge, Encanto experience), new features, what’s good, and what’s not great. Any questions others have are welcome as well!

Because I have no patience and boundless curiosity - I want all the tea from people on the post dry dock sailings. I know the first is still underway, but again…no patience 😂

I’m hoping those on it now and in the next couple weeks will come back and fill us all in!

I’m curious about new things (Soul Cat Lounge, Encanto experience), new features, what’s good, and what’s not great. Any questions others have are welcome as well!
Ooh my daughter is also curious about the Encanto experience. Is this one we will have to prebook, does anyone know yet?

I will be on the next sailing and can share things from the trip.
I’m hoping you’ll be able to report that they’ve worked out some of the initial kinks! It doesn’t surprise me that there are some things looking a bit rocky on the first sailing, but I would be disappointed if they left those things unaddressed.

There are one or two post dry dock updates on the following thread, page 7/8, from someone who was posting while aboard.
https://www.disboards.com/threads/predictions-or-rumors-about-magic-2023-dry-dock.3894084/

Unfortunately, its not all good. The AC issues are really worrying me :scared:
I was on the first sailing and I noticed the AC greatly improved as the week went on. I think they just didn’t have enough time to get everything they wanted to during dry dock likely due to labor shortages. They were still working on many things during the sailing.

I was on the first sailing and I noticed the AC greatly improved as the week went on. I think they just didn’t have enough time to get everything they wanted to during dry dock likely due to labor shortages. They were still working on many things during the sailing.
That is very good to hear! Thankyou ❤️

Currently on the Magic. For background, we’ve been on 9 Disney cruises. A few random thoughts:

- There continues to be issues with the A/C in a few common areas - mainly in the Aft staircase. It was unbearable near Cabanas. Granted it’s the Caribbean in July but other ships never experience this. I reported it directly to the Captain when he was in the shops and he said there’s no issue - it’s just the heat from outside.
- Our room had several minor maintenance issues (loose shower handle, loose toilet, sofa kept flipping over). All were resolved promptly.
- Overall, for being 25 years old, the ship is in good shape (minus the issues above)
- Crew has been excellent. Food quality is extremely good.

Are we having a great time? 100%

Would I book the Magic again? No.

Currently on the Magic. For background, we’ve been on 9 Disney cruises. A few random thoughts:

- There continues to be issues with the A/C in a few common areas - mainly in the Aft staircase. It was unbearable near Cabanas. Granted it’s the Caribbean in July but other ships never experience this. I reported it directly to the Captain when he was in the shops and he said there’s no issue - it’s just the heat from outside.
- Our room had several minor maintenance issues (loose shower handle, loose toilet, sofa kept flipping over). All were resolved promptly.
- Overall, for being 25 years old, the ship is in good shape (minus the issues above)
- Crew has been excellent. Food quality is extremely good.

Are we having a great time? 100%

Would I book the Magic again? No.
I sailed on the Magic last week - and agree that wherever doors open - so deck 4 and deck 9 - the AC is pretty much non-existent. Whether it is meant to be effective at cooling down those areas where the doors constantly open... not sure.

In our case, no issues with the stateroom... and booked on the Magic 2 more times. Crew is great, and agree that food quality was up there

We are on the Magic next month and she is our favorite of the 5 ships, but this will be our first sailing post dry dock, so we will see how it goes…

We sailed her last year to the Greek Isles and had an amazing time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter