Disney Meal Tickets On eBay

melissadanny2003

Earning My Ears
Does any one here know anything about Disney Meal Tickets? I noticed some people are selling them on eBay. Are they a good idea? I know everyone says food in Disney is expensive but I don't know just how expensive. Lets say I win an auction for 7 Disney meal tickets and I get them at $87. That would make your meal only $12. Each voucher may be redeemed for either of the following: ONE (1) combo meal (entree, side dish and non-alcoholic beverage) AND ONE (1) dessert. OR ONE (1) entree, ONE (1) side dish (if not included with entree), ONE (1) non-alcoholic beverage and ONE (1) dessert. These pay for the tax as well as 15% tip. An example of what one voucher could purchase: (YACHT AND BEACH CLUB RESORTS) Beaches & Cream: Grilled Prime Rib Sub $10.99-entree Onion Rings $3.99 - side order Cherry Coke $2.49 - drink (non alchoholic) Kitchen Sink $21.99 - dessert Tax $2.37 Tip $7.90 Total $49.74 for 1 voucher!! Let me know what you think!

melissadanny2003,

The Disney Meal Tickets could be good depending where you eat. You had mentioned Beaches & Cream, very good example of how this meal plan can save you money. Especially with the Kitchen Sink costing $20!!

The auction I saw on Ebay listed 10 causal lunch & dinner vouchers for $120. Each voucher is worth $12. I saw a lot of counter service places listed, like Casey's Corner in Magic Kingdom. An individual person can eat at Casey's Corner for roughly $9.00 That includes a hotdog with all the condiments, fries, a drink, and desert. Here's a link to their menu http://wdwig.com/menu/men_cas.htm

The vouchers only sound like a good deal if evertime you eat lunch, you always have a main dish, a side, drink, & desert. That's a lot of food!

I invite you to look at this link, it shows most of the places to eat at WDW and lists the prices. This might give you an idea if the vouchers are good for you or not.
http://wdwig.com/menu/menus.htm

My personal opinion, I wouldn't buy the vouchers. My fiance' and I eat at places like Casey's Corner and spend $15 between the both of us! 2 vouchers to eat here would cost $24. :eek:

Remeber that's just my opinion, I never ask anyone to substitute their own judgement for my own. ;) (If anyone thinks this sounds familar, yea, I watch too much Dr. Phil!)

Diznee25

Just an FYI: I have the new Q&C vouchers that expire May 2004 - under Beaches and Cream Soda Shop it states:
(Not valid for "KITCHEN SINK" dessert).

The ones that expired May 31, 2003 did not state this.

Personally, the vouchers are a good deal for me because I can prepay my meals and not have to worry about it. My husband and I will split a voucher for lunch and then use one voucher each for dinner.

Hope this helps in planning.

Be careful about buying tickets on ebay. You never know if they are still good or not.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter