Disney moderates vs. Disney Deluxe.

I'll chime in too.
I've stayed at almost all of the moderates, the CSR is our December destination and the last one we have yet to stay at. And this time, it's probably going to be the first trip we haven't swirtched up to a deluxe at the end of the trip. For me, I have a hard time not trading up for a couple nights at least. I think I just have to! Because I and my hubby do like the "feels" of the deluxes though we have been VERY happy with most of the moderates (we didn't care for the CBR at all).

So as with everyone else, it depends on what you really want and what you're used to. We are always used to a mod. and the mid trip swap to the deluxe. It's just a fun thing to look forward to. If anyone is really torn on this issue, I HIGHLY recommend swtiching up to the deluxe for a night or 2 at the end of your trip. It's EASY to do and give you yet something else to look forward to in your trip. ;)

Can't WAIT! !!!!!!:bounce:

How easy is it to do (switch up to a deluxe)? Do they help with bags, etc..., or is it up to you to transport all of your belongings?

DW cannot stand to be in a room with the shades drawn, she wants natural light all of the time. Because of this, moderates and value resorts, which have people walking right by your room to get to their's, are no good for us. I like my privacy, and she likes the balcony and open windows.

Originally posted by Greg Wright
How easy is it to do (switch up to a deluxe)? Do they help with bags, etc..., or is it up to you to transport all of your belongings?

It's not difficult to switch resorts mid-stay at all! Just call bell services on the day you check-out from your 1st resort and have them come get your bags and let them know that you are switching to the next Disney resort -- go play for the day in the parks and hop a bus/boat/monorail or drive your car to the next resort around check-in time and go check-in to your next resort and bell services at the next resort will have your bags and arrange to have them brought to your room. Just let them know when you check-in to the next resort that you just came from the previous one:D . It's that simple!

Thanks! That IS easy. My only concern is I'm starting my stay at the Dolphin, which isn't completely a Disney hotel. Still think it will work?

Originally posted by Greg Wright
Thanks! That IS easy. My only concern is I'm starting my stay at the Dolphin, which isn't completely a Disney hotel. Still think it will work?

No, they won't transfer bags from the Dolphin. You have to carry the bags over yourself.

I actually prefer CSR to any other Disney resort, and I’ve stayed at value, mod & deluxe. I think the only pool that is nicer than CSR is Yacht/Beach. I really like having a food court. I like that you can park closer to your room. And I actually like the outside corridors. The deluxes hallways seem too much like typical hotels to me. The only thing I prefer about a deluxe is the location, but when you really think about it, the bus service is so good that it doesn’t make that much of a difference. Except when you’re leaving the parks at closing time; then it’s really nice if you can walk to your resort. Even taking the monorail or boat at those times is a hassle. If I had to choose a deluxe it would be Swan/Dolphin due to the location, all the dining choices, good pool and you can easily walk to TWO parks. Oh, and those heavenly beds!

I have stayed at BWV and recently at POFQ. We don't vacation very often, so I always thought we'd like to stay at deluxes-- for the quality of service, surroundings, variety of dining options-- everything. However, we planned a recent spur of the moment trip and went for a moderate (actually we planned value, but got an upsell rate.) We did POFQ. It was beautiful! Never for a moment did we feel we were settling. The landscaping was fabulous, the room was pretty and well-appointed, and the pool was as good as most of the deluxe pools.

Are there differences? Yep. The dining was a bit of a drag: we didn't care for the food court, and Boatwrights was too far to be very convenient. Of course, the rooms are smaller and a closet would be nice. But we knew the amenities would be more limited, and were prepared for that. But design and landscaping-wise, we were delighted!

The best thing to do is make yourself a good old pros and cons column. Obviously you will save a great deal of money by choosing a moderate-- is saving money your biggest goal? It wasn't for us on our first trip, but our last trip it was the primary consideration. But if you reall feel you might enjoy those extra few ameneities, and you can afford it, go for it!

I'm planning a deluxe next time, but I would definitely do a moderate again if that's what the budget called for. Disney does a great job with these resorts.

I think that it comes down to 2 things: 1) What type of resort that you like. Since each resort has its own theme (so to speak) If you like animals or a tropical feel, an outdoors feel etc and then 2) would be the price. How much do you want to spend on a room.
With the FTP I noticed that its making it alot easier for people to upgrade from a moderate resort to a deluxe resort.

IMHO I would say go with the Deluxe resort. You cant go wrong at all.
My DH and I are always talking about what resort we would like to stay on our next trip. And he had a good point. For us right now we dont have any children so we are going with the deluxe resorts. Once the kids start coming and money will be alot tighter then we will go with the moderate or value resorts.

In the long run look at it this way: Your in Disney there is no other place like it in the world so no matter which Disney resort that you choose you will be in the middle of the MAGIC.

We stopped staying at Disney Deluxe's in order to cut costs and go more. Make sense? Anyway, the biggiest disapointment was having only full size beds. We really missed the queen beds. So we bought our DVC to cut costs over the long run. Now we have a king bed at moderate prices!

We enjoy valet parking, larger beds and having a balcony. I also like the interior corridors. We enjoy having restaurants or a food court to choose from. I like having a closet with a door to close. I also like not walking in and seeing the beds directly from the door, I like the layout of the deluxes better. We are a deluxe family :)

We stayed at the WL last Feb and loved it. It was the first time we have stayed on property. We are currently booked at POR for next Feb. However, I agree with some of the other posts about having interior hallways. I like the idea of going down the elevator and down the ramp (at the WL) to get to any of the food choices there are. It rained a couple of times while on our vacation but with us being at WL, it was no big deal. We didn't have to go to another building to eat or to refill our mugs or anything. This said, we are seriously considering switching our ressies back to WL for our upcoming trip. One other thing to consider is the time of year you are planning on visiting. I don't mind the extra $$ for deluxes in value season, I couldn't afford it otherwise. That's just my two cents!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter