Disney Monorail toy train pricing??

blitzen2k5

Earning My Ears
Anyone been to DL or WDW lately know the cost of the Disney Monorail toy sets at the parks? Also what sets are available now? Pictures would also be nice if possible....

Thanks in advance....

Blitz

We were there early May of this year, I was only able to find the Green Stripe monorail. The price was $75.00 this is the set that you see all over ebay, the monorail runs on batteries, and runs on a oval rail. I do not know what the difference in the colors on the monorail are. I do know that alot of the accessories are usually available on ebay some for quite a hefty price.

They have a green striped monorail for $70. The only buildings that we could find were the Contemporary Resort for $40; Cinderella Castle playset for $60; and AK Tree of Life playset for $28. DS8 purchased the Tree of Life playset, and it kept him entertained very well. He wanted to find a Space Mountain, but no luck. We asked one of the workers at Once Upon a Toy, and she said that Space Mountain is not available right now. They also have a Walt Disney World train set for $60.

We searched far and wide until finding a mere three sets for sale at Epcot - nearly everywhere was sold out! Our youngest DS made it his "must have" keepsake for the trip, so it became a quest to get one. DTD, hotel shops, the various parks...hard to find! I'm hoping that what they all told us ("we're sold out now but expecting more soon") is true, and that they are now widely available.

As the other post mentioned, the price is about $75-$80.

I think Orange is the one for 2009. Green was 2008 and Blue was 2007.
Colors to date have included: Red, Black, Yellow, Purple, Gold, Blue, Green, Orange and Silver.
It will be interesting to see if they do the striped ones (lime and coral) since the only solid color left is pink.

just got back this week, and they were selling silver, orange, the castle, and spaceship earth...SE was around 45 and the others around 75

Silver & Orange are the play set types - they come with characters that can be put into the monorail.

I seen quite a few sets of orange in Toontown, I didnt catch the price but there were quite a few there

....oh boy!! DS's Bday was yesterday...turned 12 (has autism), and has most of the monorails. We didn't purchase Green nor Orange on our last trip because he showed no interest. He woke up yesterday and asked..."where's green one Mom?"

So here I am, searching for the "green monorail"!! Checked Disneystore.com....nope.....they can't guarantee the color. Checked Ebay....no green ones. Does anyone know if I can call (for example) the Contemporary, ask to be connected to the store on the 4th floor, and purchase one over the phone??? Any ideas?? TIA!!!

You should be able to find one, but if not I have green one I'd sell for what I paid for it at WDW March 2008. It is mint except for Donald missing his legs.

Sea-Donkey People like you are the reason these boards began.. Disney fans helping out fellow Disney fans. I know your offer is made in the true spirit that Pete envisioned when all this began. PM me anytime I may be able to help you with anything...

Thanks flyinglizard. Mrs. B ended up finding one on Amazon, but I was willing to give mine up since I have it plus a red one.

I ordered the monorial play set from disney shopping.com and was told I would be getting green - my son's favorite! Of course I get it yesterday and its orange!!! ugh! Anyone have a green monorail they'd like to sell? I don't need the tracks and all, just the green monorail. Thanks!!

Flyinglizard wrote:
Sea-Donkey People like you are the reason these boards began.. Disney fans helping out fellow Disney fans. I know your offer is made in the true spirit that Pete envisioned when all this began. PM me anytime I may be able to help you with anything...

Amen to that!! Sea-Donkey came to my rescue when the Green monorail I purchased thru Amazon turned out to be ORANGE!! Boo!! Sea-Donkey has graciously offered to help me out!! :worship: God Bless!!

jasta wrote:
I ordered the monorial play set from disney shopping.com and was told I would be getting green - my son's favorite! Of course I get it yesterday and its orange!!! ugh! Anyone have a green monorail they'd like to sell? I don't need the tracks and all, just the green monorail. Thanks!!

I am so sorry to hear that!! I had called Disney to find out if I could specify the color green and they told me I could not.:sad2: I will keep searching for you...let us know if you find one!!:thumbsup2

Green monorail in route from Mississippi to Massachusetts (did I spell that right?). Now I have to make room in our luggage to bring home another one in March.:cool2:
I wonder if they'll still have orange then or if it will be one of 2 toned that we haven't seen yet?

Sea-Donkey wrote:
Green monorail in route from Mississippi to Massachusetts (did I spell that right?

:thumbsup2 "Practically perfect in every way"!!

I wonder if they'll still have orange then or if it will be one of 2 toned that we haven't seen yet

..inquiring minds want to know....my son hopes PINK is next!!!

A GREAT BIG "THANK YOU" TO SEA-DONKEY FOR GIVING US HIS "GREEN" MONORAIL!!!

I'm a grown teen yet I've always wanted one of these, is that wrong? hahaha

I think they look awesome :wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter