Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2022 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Assuming you have a December Use Year, you 'earn' your 2022 points on December 1, 2022. It doesn't matter when you book, just when your vacation is.

If you're taking a trip in November 2022, this is still in your 2021 year. Very odd, right? But that's the way it works. You can use all points in 2021 and borrow 2022 points.

If you're taking a trip in December 2022, you can use all points in 2022 and borrow 2023 points.

You can always cancel a trip. You get your points back, so you can book a new location.
We are going in November 2022, so that means I can use all of next year's points towards this vacation?

Also, do I have to cancel a trip and rebook elsewhere to apply the points or could I just stay where I am and move to a one bedroom instead of a studio?

We are going in November 2022, so that means I can use all of next year's points towards this vacation?

Also, do I have to cancel a trip and rebook elsewhere to apply the points or could I just stay where I am and move to a one bedroom instead of a studio?
There is a whole section dedicated to DVC where you can find lots of helpful information!! Everyone is very knowledgeable in everything DVC!! Click HERE. 🙂

Last edited:

If your UY is December, you can use all of your 2022 points (2022 is your 'next year' as 2021 is your 'current year') towards this vacation.

Like mrsap says, go to the DVC boards and you can discuss all the other details.

If your Use Year is December and you want to go in November, yes, you can borrow all the points that will be allotted in December to book your November trip.

If you have a studio reservation and want a 1-BR at the same resort, if there is a 1-BR available for the entire trip, you can cancel the studio and rebook the 1-BR. If the 1-BR is not available, you will need to waitlist. Member Services is great at helping in these types of situations. Just give them a call.

Two premium events coming to the Swan Reserve's rooftop Vue venue at this year's Swan and Dolphin Food and Wine Classic

The return of the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Food & Wine Classic on Friday, Nov. 11 and Saturday, Nov. 12, will bring with it an all-new premium experience and return of a past favorite.

The two separately ticketed events are the all-new VIP Champagne & Dessert Party and Master Sommelier-led Grand Tasting. Both will be held at the resort’s new 15th floor event space at the Swan Reserve, The Vue, offering spectacular views of Walt Disney World Resort.

ALL NEW - VIP Champagne & Dessert Party

For the first time in the event’s history, guests can enjoy a VIP champagne and dessert reception which offers the opportunity to enjoy incredible champagnes and sparkling wines paired with the hotel’s award-winning desserts while watching Disney nighttime spectaculars.

The resort’s executive pastry chef and certified sommeliers have teamed up to perfectly pair a selection of sweet offerings. Menu highlights of the VIP Champagne & Dessert Party include:
  • The Dessert of Champions, a pâte à choux doughnut with nitro milk chocolate hazelnut ice cream, milk chocolate chunks, homemade peach marshmallows, hazelnut praline, chocolate pop rocks and vanilla bean peach compote.
  • The Tropical Macaroon, a passion fruit macaroon dipped in Yuzu chocolate, mango crisps and white chocolate pearls.
The VIP Champagne & Dessert Party will take place on Saturday, Nov. 12 from 8:30 to 10 p.m., tickets are $150 per person and include access to the private top floor event space, The Vue; unlimited dessert and champagne tastings, and spectacular views of the Disney nighttime spectaculars.

The Grand Tasting

The exclusive, limited space Grand Tasting returns for the first time since 2019 and takes guests palates on a journey of elite wines and champagnes curated by Master Sommelier John Blazon and paired with a custom chef’s table menu from the resort’s Executive Chef Dan Herman. The experience includes a champagne reception and three flights of elite wines. Guests will enjoy the elevated dining experience while elevated 15 stories above the Walt Disney World Resort with amazing views of all four theme parks.

John Blazon, Master Sommelier and Vice President of Sales of the Spire Collection is the former Wine Director for Walt Disney World Resort where he was responsible for the development of wine concepts and standards. With his extensive experience and passion for wine, Blazon will share details of the presented beverages, from their early history to excepted growth in the future, as well as ideas and suggestions for how to best enjoy and pair.

Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Executive Chef Dan Herman is responsible for overseeing all 22 world-class restaurants and lounges on the resort’s property. He leads the award-winning culinary team which has been recognized with accolades from AAA, USA Today, Fodor’s and have been invited to create multiple meals served at the James Beard House. In his free-time, Herman raises and cares for his own livestock on his personal farm. At heart, Herman is a true farm-to-table chef.

The Grand Tasting event will take place on Saturday, Nov. 12 from 2 to 5 p.m., tickets are $395 per person and seating is limited. More information and tickets are available here: https://swandolphinfoodandwineclassic.com/tickets/.

Both events require separate tickets and space is limited. For more information or to purchase, visit, https://swandolphinfoodandwineclassic.com/tickets/.

The Swan and Dolphin Food & Wine Classic offers guests unlimited tastings at creatively spaced, outdoor stations featuring culinary and beverage selections from the hotel’s award-winning restaurants amidst a festive backdrop of live entertainment on the hotel’s scenic causeway. The event runs from 5:30 to 9 p.m. on Nov. 11 and Nov. 12.

Digital Tip Board Installed at America Gardens Theatre in EPCOT

Disney has recently replaced a sign outside of the America Gardens Theatre at EPCOT with a digital tip board to provide guests with more relevant information for their visit. This board used to be static, only displaying information about performances in the theater or to inform guests that the theater is not a fireworks viewing location.

Now, with the installation of a digital tip board, guests will be able to see wait time information, virtual queue information, and theater information as it is relevant throughout the day.

8670BD42-C79E-4D96-A5BE-374D2A4879E2.jpeg

You actually don't need to cancel, you can modify the booking to switch to any available type of room and then borrow any extra points you need. (The system will basically talk you through it.)

Disneyland RUMOR:​

The PeopleMover Will Return to Disneyland as Part of Tomorrowland Overhaul

As you know, Tomorrowland at Disneyland Park is set to undergo a massive transformation over the next few years. We reported earlier on the possible “Lightyear” overhaul of Space Mountain, and now we’re turning our attention to another exciting aspect: the long-awaited, suspected, and demanded return of the Disneyland PeopleMover.
The original PeopleMover at Disneyland closed in 1995, but large portions of the track remain in place from its time as the vessels for the ill-fated Rocket Rods from 1998’s New Tomorrowland. Since Rocket Rods’ failure, the track was abandoned, and portions were even removed from inside attraction show buildings as the years went by.
However, the new version of the classic is expected to use an entirely new ride system, unlike the tires that once propelled the Anaheim iteration or magnets which are currently used in Magic Kingdom’s 1975 entry.
Not only will it be a different ride system, but the track length will reportedly be much shorter than the original layout provided. For example, the winding sections still standing above the Autopia and the Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage are not expected to be used.

Disneyland RUMOR:​

The PeopleMover Will Return to Disneyland as Part of Tomorrowland Overhaul

As you know, Tomorrowland at Disneyland Park is set to undergo a massive transformation over the next few years. We reported earlier on the possible “Lightyear” overhaul of Space Mountain, and now we’re turning our attention to another exciting aspect: the long-awaited, suspected, and demanded return of the Disneyland PeopleMover.
The original PeopleMover at Disneyland closed in 1995, but large portions of the track remain in place from its time as the vessels for the ill-fated Rocket Rods from 1998’s New Tomorrowland. Since Rocket Rods’ failure, the track was abandoned, and portions were even removed from inside attraction show buildings as the years went by.
However, the new version of the classic is expected to use an entirely new ride system, unlike the tires that once propelled the Anaheim iteration or magnets which are currently used in Magic Kingdom’s 1975 entry.
Not only will it be a different ride system, but the track length will reportedly be much shorter than the original layout provided. For example, the winding sections still standing above the Autopia and the Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage are not expected to be used.

That's great - huge news if it comes true! That said, they aren't going to be in a rush to theme anything to Lightyear after the box-office performance.

Would be odd to have Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters right there and have Space Mountain overhauled for Buzz as well. If Space Mountain is overhauled in that way would they keep Astro Blasters as is?

Would be odd to have Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters right there and have Space Mountain overhauled for Buzz as well. If Space Mountain is overhauled in that way would they keep Astro Blasters as is?

At this point, the retheme is unlikely. It's interesting because these plans make it sound like they will save some of the buildings. There have been rumors that T-land is a total teardown, but I would really hate that. Maybe it's only the People Mover track buildings as they are part of the problem. The Space Mountain building was erected later. I don't know about the Carousel of Poogress building. It needs the updates, but I don't want it to lose all of its charm either.

Automated PhotoPass Cameras Activated at Royal Sommerhus Anna & Elsa Meet and Greet in EPCOT

Installed all the way back in Fall 2019, the automated PhotoPass cameras in Royal Sommerhus have been activated and are now taking photos of guests as they meet with Anna & Elsa in the Norway Pavilion at EPCOT.

Here’s a look at the automated PhotoPass cameras now in use at the Royal Sommerhus Anna & Elsa meet and greet. Guests are asked to look at a cabinet installed in front of each meet and greet space. A wide photo is snapped at regular intervals to capture the interaction.

royal-sommerhus-automated-photopass-cameras-1.jpg

royal-sommerhus-automated-photopass-cameras-2.jpg

Automated PhotoPass Cameras Activated at Royal Sommerhus Anna & Elsa Meet and Greet in EPCOT

Installed all the way back in Fall 2019, the automated PhotoPass cameras in Royal Sommerhus have been activated and are now taking photos of guests as they meet with Anna & Elsa in the Norway Pavilion at EPCOT.

Here’s a look at the automated PhotoPass cameras now in use at the Royal Sommerhus Anna & Elsa meet and greet. Guests are asked to look at a cabinet installed in front of each meet and greet space. A wide photo is snapped at regular intervals to capture the interaction.

I got to say, this has been one of the worst things they have done at the parks. Not having a human take the photos and getting the perfect moment shots during the interactions with the characters sucks, and I feel bad for those missing out on receiving a lifetime moment on camera.

Instead you get 7 with your back to the camera and 1 pose shot...

I was hoping this idea was dead. :(

I got to say, this has been one of the worst things they have done at the parks. Not having a human take the photos and getting the perfect moment shots during the interactions with the characters sucks, and I feel bad for those missing out on receiving a lifetime moment on camera.

Instead you get 7 with your back to the camera and 1 pose shot...
I cant agree more. The absolute worst decision they've made. Our first trip was 2016 and my daughter was almost 2, deep in the Frozen Fever, and the photo pass photographer caught her face the SECOND she saw Elsa for the first time. I am crying now just thinking of that photo. LIFELONG memories. Another year the photographers caught 10+ pictures of my daughter playing hide and seek with Joy and Sadness. You just can replace those interactions/memories.

They should use them only as needed if there is a shortage of photographers on any given day not make it the norm

Still a small step up from selfie only

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter