Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2022 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most of my family lives in west Philly. I grew up in Millville, NJ where Taylor's Pork roll was a way of life until we moved to Texas. Kid played football for Maryland and there was 1 parent that would grill Taylor's at the parents tailgate... then it showed up in Austin. Best day ever!!! Then the Yuengling showed up!!!!

During the pandemic the Swan would serve a Taylor's Pork Roll breakfast sandwich.

Because everyone wants to be looking at their wrist during the fireworks? :confused3
Their arms will likely be raised anyway, either with the excitement of watching the show, or because they're taking pics with their phones. That's not much of a stretch.

I don't think it's expected that you stare at your wrist during fireworks. It's like being at a concert and everyone holding up a light or wristbands at a concern sync'd to the music. If everyone around you has a magicband+ it will just add some fun ambiance to the show.

Happy Dwarf Specialty Cone Joins 50th Anniversary Treats at Magic Kingdom

We took a ride on the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train and thought we deserved a small treat, you know, like a reward. We discovered perhaps the only thing that could make even Grumpy smile with a the Dwarfs Specialty Cone featuring Happy at Storybook Treats. So far, the Seven Dwarfs Specialty Cone has been available in versions inspired by Grumpy, Doc, Sneezy, and Dopey.

Dwarfs Specialty Cone Featuring Happy ā€“ $5.99

Chocolate-Banana Soft-Serve in a Blue Cone with a Chocolate Belt Buckle and Chocolate Face.

happy cone wdw 2

Anyone know how long they've been typically been keeping each dwarf's cone? I'll be down next month and chocolate-banana is something I can get behind. :-)

I don't think it's expected that you stare at your wrist during fireworks. It's like being at a concert and everyone holding up a light or wristbands at a concern sync'd to the music. If everyone around you has a magicband+ it will just add some fun ambiance to the show.

Right, like the previous light-up items, it looks cool when everybody has one. In the case of the MB, since they do more, there may be more adoption of them.

Event Stage Installed in The Odyssey Pavilion for Weekend DJ During 2022 EPCOT Food & Wine Festival

A stage has been installed in The Odyssey Pavilion at EPCOT for weekend entertainment during the 2022 EPCOT International Food & Wine Festival. The stage, which bears the logo of the pavilion, is at the ā€œbackā€ of the room as you can see in our photos below. Managers in the area said that they expect a DJ will take the stage during the afternoons on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.

odyssey-stage-brew-wing-2022-epcot-food-wine-3.jpg

odyssey-stage-brew-wing-2022-epcot-food-wine-1.jpg

As someone who just saw a similar feature in action at SDCC, you don't look at it but the light show it provides when there are many of them really improves the ambiance.
I had the Glow with the Show ears back when those were a thing and that made sense to me. Something worn on the wrist not so much.

I had the Glow with the Show ears back when those were a thing and that made sense to me. Something worn on the wrist not so much.
The ears block view the view of others and to your initial comment, you don't look at them yourself either. Even worse they are on top of your head soooo xD. For SDCC they gave us a lanyard thingy and when they all light up the whole room glowed blue with lighting, it was super cool. I imagine something similar will be great during fireworks when in certain moments all of them light up in a pattern.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter